Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MC Nietzche
Oct 26, 2004

by exmarx

Karl Sharks posted:

that was in 2012

Foiled by not looking at dates!

edit: DJ Trump leaked his own taxes, thinks strategically - morons

https://twitter.com/ScottAdamsSays/status/782641447472238592

MC Nietzche fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Oct 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
i'm pretty conservative in that i believe in small government, personal responsibility, etc and my greatest dream for the last 12 years has been the utter incineration of the republican party so something less clownshoes can take its place

a party concerned about gradual refinement of the things that we have been doing that are good and that work instead of just screaming frantically about the gays and the brown people

for the first time ever i see this as possible

all hail the end of the world

hail satan

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

publishko posted:

I've never seen Jake Tapper as mad as he was when was interviewing Rudy today. The open contempt that the CNN anchors have for the Trump surrogates now is beautiful to watch. They can finally join in with Rachael Maddow and co. in laughing in their loving faces every night.

Tapper seemed like 1 minute away from saying "gently caress you, Mr. Mayor.". I think he cut that interview short to cover his own rear end.

TheDeadFlagBlues
Sep 26, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
edit: I was beaten to the punch on bronte capital. wonderful news!

http://brontecapital.blogspot.com/2016/10/some-comments-on-new-york-times-story.html?spref=tw&m=1

some dank poo poo that I was linked to by legendary troll of the dismal scientist clan Brad DeLong.

TheDeadFlagBlues fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Oct 2, 2016

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Karl Sharks posted:

loving hipsters

Sensitivity? Tact?

Ugh, how mainstream

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

beergod posted:

I don't understand who the shell entity purchases the debt from. The IRS? The individual creditors? In either or any case, why sell the debt to the shell trump entity? Surely the return on the debt if they actually try to enforce its payment exceeds literally .1 cents on the dollar, but maybe I'm wrong.

It buys it from the creditors during the debt forgiveness process, so Trump still has to pay the 1% (or maybe a little bit more, to get them to agree to sell the debt to the 3rd party) that he agreed to with the original creditors, but he still owns all of the debt for tax purposes. The creditors are fine becuase they still get hte pittance they were going to get anyways, they're just filling out different paperwork to do it. Now, Trump still owes this 3rd party all of the debt, but he will never enforce it, so it just exists on paper.

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Oct 2, 2016

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Sensitivity? Tact?

Ugh, how mainstream

i only support candidates in the indie party

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Studio posted:

So half the people that ran in the primary

"Jewballs Hitlerberg, that cant be a real republican candidate can it????l

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Al! posted:

"Jewballs Hitlerberg, that cant be a real republican candidate can it????l

Mr. Hitlerberg raises some interesting points about banking

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT

The Glumslinger posted:

It buys it from Trump during the debt forgiveness process, so Trump still has to pay the 1% that he agreed to with the original creditors, but he still owns all of the debt for tax purposes.

So trump suffers (or creates) a huge loss, turns that loss into collectible debt, and then he himself owns the debt such that he can sell it? How is that possible? Who would ever pay themselves back on debt they own?

Bunleigh
Jun 6, 2005

by exmarx
Big influx of uncrewed randos in here today

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Jake Tapper leans conservative, right?

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/mrbenwexler/status/782667542045130753

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Coolguye posted:

i'm pretty conservative in that i believe in small government, personal responsibility, etc and my greatest dream for the last 12 years has been the utter incineration of the republican party so something less clownshoes can take its place

a party concerned about gradual refinement of the things that we have been doing that are good and that work instead of just screaming frantically about the gays and the brown people

for the first time ever i see this as possible

all hail the end of the world

hail satan
while an excise of the more socially conservative policies is somewhat likely, it is hard for me to see a post-trump republican party that isn't still pushing for insanely stupid poo poo like abolishing the estate tax

i'd LOVE to see republicans actually become the party of fiscal responsibility and reasonable reforms, but those are difficult issues to motivate an electorate on. if i were working for a young republican politician who wanted to spearhead a "progressive" movement within the republican party, i would tell him to focus on fighting the police and corrections officer unions to try and implement criminal reforms as a primary social issue, and maintain "fiscal responsibility" as the backbone of the republican party.

tbh though i think the post-trump party is gonna stick with evangelicals and bigots as a base. they'll soften language but rebuilding a base is tough work.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
kasich has yet to bend the knee, is popular in swing state, pro oil and finance. he is the chosen one.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Bunleigh posted:

more meat for the grinder

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

MC Nietzche posted:

Foiled by not looking at dates!

edit: DJ Trump leaked his own taxes, thinks strategically - morons

https://twitter.com/ScottAdamsSays/status/782641447472238592

ITS BRILLIANT?! now people will know for sure he didnt pay any taxes!!!!!

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Yinlock posted:

Mr. Hitlerberg raises some interesting points about banking

just wait until you hear his opinion on alternative fuels, they're bio based so they're renewable!

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

barron trump is less than a month old and he knows this is bullshit

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/JesseRodriguez/status/782663223191502848

Okay, but THIS time!

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Was Giuliani always this aboard the Trump ship or did he choose to climb on post debate iceberg? Good to see some lovely people chaining themselves to a sinking Trump.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

beergod posted:

So trump suffers (or creates) a huge loss, turns that loss into collectible debt, and then he himself owns the debt such that he can sell it? How is that possible? Who would ever pay themselves back on debt they own?

He doesn't pay himself back for the debt, thats the whole point for him. He owes it, so it counts as a loss, but it will never be realized

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

also can someone explain to me the purpose of heels that big that don't involve an elaborate bdsm sex dungeon

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

tuesday morning arrives

"uh, drat hillary hacking into our network!! at least she left our emails alone ha ha ha"

zakkro
May 29, 2015

The hardcore anti-Hillary people I know believe that Wikileaks has something so damaging on Clinton that they're waiting for the last possible second to unleash it to destroy her chances of winning.

It's gonna be yooge, you guys. Trust them!

Bunleigh
Jun 6, 2005

by exmarx
Trollin' 'Arry

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/782627082614505472

TheDeadFlagBlues
Sep 26, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
whenever i see people say that they want a "reasonable" republican party, what they usually mean is that want the republican party to become the democratic party minus the progressive caucus, which is pure wish fulfillment imo. acknowledging the existence of climate change, supporting reasoned market-based reforms to problems of market failure, and seriously tackling economic inequality are all chief platform planks of the democratic party.

that is, unless you mean that a "reasonable" republican party is a republican party that's economically illiterate but thinks that abortion is okay; i guess that's semi-plausible but that wouldn't be a reasonable gop.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
So far the big surprise releases about Hillary have been:

- Not treating Sanders as a legitimate contender months before any voting had started

- Not wanting to be a wet blanket on the idealism of milennials crushed by debt, unable to find jobs, and living with their parents

At this rate, Tuesday's announcement will be Hillary getting frustrated by the end of Legend of Zelda II or something.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT

The Glumslinger posted:

He doesn't pay himself back for the debt, thats the whole point for him. He owes it, so it counts as a loss, but it will never be realized

Right, but as some point his parking entity has to purchase the debt from a legitimate entity in an arms length transaction right? I'm a litigation attorney so I'm sure I sound like an idiot on tax and debt but I'm definitely missing something.

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

zakkro posted:

The hardcore anti-Hillary people I know believe that Wikileaks has something so damaging on Clinton that they're waiting for the last possible second to unleash it to destroy her chances of winning.

This time, the scandal will stick! We promise!

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

i'm glad he's not letting the gop wriggle out of this like they've been pushing real hard to do

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Moon Atari posted:

Was Giuliani always this aboard the Trump ship or did he choose to climb on post debate iceberg? Good to see some lovely people chaining themselves to a sinking Trump.

He's always been there. Hes been a regular at the rallies. I think it just goes back to the "surrogates abandoning Trump" rumor as I think Rudy's just getting more and more tv time as the surrogates run for cover.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

beergod posted:

I don't understand who the shell entity purchases the debt from. The IRS? The individual creditors? In either or any case, why sell the debt to the shell trump entity? Surely the return on the debt if they actually try to enforce its payment exceeds literally .1 cents on the dollar, but maybe I'm wrong.

trump owes some corporate entity money. that entity and trump are colliding and neither party wants trump to actually pay it back. they can't just forgive the debt, tho, because that has tax consequences that trump wouldn't enjoy. the corporate entity can't just let the debt chillax on their books tho because they're subject to account scrutiny and that poo poo would look weird af

instead they sell the debt to a third party, subject to lower scrutiny or to zero domestic scrutiny. this third party can and does let the debt chillax w/o seeking to collect, and the original creditor records a sale of the outstanding debt at admittedly sweetheart rates but i guess that happens sometimes in business and doesn't look immediately suspicious

assuming trump paid the third party's costs to purchase the debt, he's out pennies for the dollars of capital he received originally, w/o tax burden for any of it.

it's money laundering basically, right? i mean i know nothing about finance and am in fact a total idiot, but i think i understand this

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Moon Atari posted:

It's really weird because he said back in April he wasn't part of the campaign, but he was voting for Trump and would do whatever he could to help him win, but then he declined to offer a "real" endorsement. Everyone called it an endorsement anyway, and....well....

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

zakkro posted:

my guess since theyre changing their story so often, they dont have poo poo but theyre hoping they can spook hillary into releasing SOMETHING PLEASE GOD

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

anime was right posted:

kasich has yet to bend the knee, is popular in swing state, pro oil and finance. he is the chosen one.

Thing is that if democrats can keep Virginia, it almost completes offsets Ohio. I mean, before 2008, democrats hadn't won virginia since 1964, and if it becomes a Lean D, then it makes the map even more favorable to democrats

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

anime was right posted:

Kasich never had a chance and will never have a chance as long as every conservative radio host refers to him as a democrat, a liberal, and a rino every time his name comes up.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Bunleigh posted:

good

welcome to cspam new friendos

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
This is not the October Surprise the Trump camp was hoping for

I'm so close to calling it for Hillary. Next week is the fulcrum on which this election rests, if things continue, if Pence loses the debate on Tues in even a normal way, and if Trump flounders again in Debate 2, its over. Next sunday will be the definitive point at which you can tell who has won this election.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cronodoculous
Jun 29, 2006

You light up my life

Baloogan's Lain OP post and Mandatory Lesbian's ever-present awesome av finally made me go watch Lain. It was nice. Now back to posting.

• Locked thread