Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm
Which Silvia is it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
S15

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

Thief posted:

I spun a BRZ HE but am honestly more tempted to just flip it for top bid/buyout and buy 30 other cars instead. The bonuses don't seem to affect leadeeboards btw :)

They do affect online competitive championship stuff, since that's all based around XP and not finishing position, which does seem like an oversight.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Does anyone else have stability issues with windows 10? I crash fairly often and get weird graphics issues every once in a while. Also how do I join the club, is windows 10/xbone cross play?

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

L_Harrison posted:

They do affect online competitive championship stuff, since that's all based around XP and not finishing position, which does seem like an oversight.

Well idk about races and capture the flag type gamemodes but I played with someone that had a drift boost and they said it wasn't affecting drift zone scores. The boost affects the combo chain points instead apparently.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

The only really annoying thing in this game to me is that I can't sort the races on the map by entry requirements, as far as I can tell. Hoofing my rear end to an event, only to find out I can't use the car I want is dumb.

triple clutcher
Jul 3, 2012

Cygni posted:

The only really annoying thing in this game to me is that I can't sort the races on the map by entry requirements, as far as I can tell. Hoofing my rear end to an event, only to find out I can't use the car I want is dumb.
isn't that what the Blueprint mode is for? I turned most of the supercar championships into B / C / D-class to make them a little more fun for me.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Everyone and their mom seems to have a Ford GT HE. Except me, I can't spin one.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

triple clutcher posted:

isn't that what the Blueprint mode is for? I turned most of the supercar championships into B / C / D-class to make them a little more fun for me.

I thought blueprint stuff made separate events, not replace the original? Welp, I might be an idiot.

Endbuster
Jan 7, 2013

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.
I bought the new FH3 to play on my high end PC and holy poo poo what a loving tire fire that turned out to be. Its a complete sack of garbage and is unplayable.

After I got the stuttering and general fps kinks worked out. I played for about a half hour before going to the garage to select my first free "Off Road" vehicle. Now the game just crashes to desktop when I try to leave the drat garage.

Hoo boy. What a shitter. At least I can install it on my Xbone? I dunno if I will though. I had high hopes of playing it on the fuckin' interface I purchased for. And by high hopes I mean "god damnit I forgot M$ is terrible at this poo poo."

I even researched it a bit more to see if the port was to blame, but surprisingly enough, Playground Games developed the PC version completely side by side the console version. So its not even a lovely port making the PC version unplayable. They were just incompetent retards that failed to produce a game that runs on a computer.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

The night street races in the city area are exactly what I've been missing.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.
Got in on the Target online price screw up.

Super early footage but I'm not having much in the way of performance issues, ultra settings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLY1bYg3OSM

i5 6600k, 16gb DDR4, GTX1070 here.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Endbuster posted:

I bought the new FH3 to play on my high end PC and holy poo poo what a loving tire fire that turned out to be. Its a complete sack of garbage and is unplayable.

After I got the stuttering and general fps kinks worked out. I played for about a half hour before going to the garage to select my first free "Off Road" vehicle. Now the game just crashes to desktop when I try to leave the drat garage.

Hoo boy. What a shitter. At least I can install it on my Xbone? I dunno if I will though. I had high hopes of playing it on the fuckin' interface I purchased for. And by high hopes I mean "god damnit I forgot M$ is terrible at this poo poo."

I even researched it a bit more to see if the port was to blame, but surprisingly enough, Playground Games developed the PC version completely side by side the console version. So its not even a lovely port making the PC version unplayable. They were just incompetent retards that failed to produce a game that runs on a computer.

Whats in a 'high end' PC?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
How dare Playground Games disrespect pc gamers.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Nah there are serious issues with the PC version. I get crashes every hour or two that I play and weird pop in stuff. Hopefully it gets some patches.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Game crashes ridiculously often on my system but rumour has it there will be major fixes in an upcoming patch.

i7-3820/R9 290 here.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

IceOrb posted:

Got in on the Target online price screw up.

Super early footage but I'm not having much in the way of performance issues, ultra settings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLY1bYg3OSM

i5 6600k, 16gb DDR4, GTX1070 here.

It says 60fps in the title but it clearly goes down to the 40s and 50s when in the town

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Yea the game has problems but nothing to become histrionic about. Some of you have been taking cues from Cubey.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Oh yeah it totally has some issues with frame rates and crashes. Been crashing a whole heap this weekend but before that I've had maybe one crash since the early launch.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

L_Harrison posted:

Was about to ask if there's any way to play a traditional championship points style game in the "Online Adventure" format.

I've got all 4 events to level 5, now I'm cruising racing everyone to unlock all the midnight races, but I really just want to play online, but the XP leaderboards annoy the poo poo out of me. If come first 4/4 races I should win the loving championship, not come 5th to some guys HE cars with stupid tunes sliding around the track everywhere.

I tried Online Freeroam, but all anyone seems to do is the drag race at the airport, if I start something else like 1-2 people join in and it's boring.

Rudager fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Oct 3, 2016

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i fuckin love fh3 a whole lot, in fact i'd say fh3 is the best arcade racer in well over a decade, but jesus christ dudes. when people are having problems making the game run consistently, that's kinda something worth bitching about. shouting people down because they dare to complain that this game they paid money for won't even let them leave the garage without crashing is extremely dumb.

fh3 is a great loving game and if it runs for you without issue, awesome. go play it more instead of being a dick to people who have every right to be pissed that it doesn't work well/at all for them.

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Oct 3, 2016

Endbuster
Jan 7, 2013

comatose posted:

Whats in a 'high end' PC?

Fuckin unicorn blood for my coolant loop, and I have some pixies and chicken bones in there for my ram and cpu. Duh. What are you, some sorta console loving dipshit? That was a rhetorical question in case you are too stupid to understand.

But no seriously, I have a pretty stout machine with a 4770k i7 and a nice fat 1080 with some not poo poo RAM and an SSD.

Cubey posted:

i fuckin love fh3 a whole lot, in fact i'd say fh3 is the best arcade racer in well over a decade, but jesus christ dudes. when people are having problems making the game run consistently, that's kinda something worth bitching about. shouting people down because they dare to complain that this game they paid money for won't even let them leave the garage without crashing is extremely dumb.

Oh yeah. The bits I've played at my mates have me gushing about the ridiculous slice of car culture they built this game around. Its the best racer, arcade or not, that I've played in a very very long time. Like, since Burnout 3: Takedown I don't think I've been this excited about a racing game, and you and I both know Burnout 3 is STILL one of the best out there. That game is lightning in a fuckin' bottle.

So if I seem excitable and pissed that I've spent more time on loading screens and researching how to leave the garage without a crash, its because they made something that I know is good but can't enjoy.

---

Anyway, I'll be downloading it on my xbone overnight to play until they get their poo poo fixed, yall can add me if you want GT: Endbuster

Endbuster fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Oct 3, 2016

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Works just fine on my i7-5820K and GTX 1070, i.e. same processor and graphics card generations. If you have already installed the latest NVidia drivers, try to disable bullshit like antivirus and what not. These seem to be pain in the asses from what I read elsewhere in regards to FH3.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
How the gently caress do you get to that 20,000XP marker on that elevated rock at the Twelve Apostles? What's the best car to make that jump and not just skid off the far edge?

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.

Overbite posted:

It says 60fps in the title but it clearly goes down to the 40s and 50s when in the town

I definitely get some drops but what you're seeing is actually due to the way Shadowplay captures video.

Shadowplay uses VBF to prioritize in game performance.

Capturing with something like Xsplit or Obs which doesn't care if your performance tanks or not would get around this but with the added "benefit" of ruining your in game experience.

I'll take slightly worse looking video over a lovely in game experience pretty much any time.

Endbuster
Jan 7, 2013

Combat Pretzel posted:

Works just fine on my i7-5820K and GTX 1070, i.e. same processor and graphics card generations. If you have already installed the latest NVidia drivers, try to disable bullshit like antivirus and what not. These seem to be pain in the asses from what I read elsewhere in regards to FH3.

Thanks for the tips, but maaaaaan I've literally tried everything over the weekend. Its got to be some absurd game coding that is making it crash when prompted to load the world from the garage. The stuttering and whatnot can be blamed on optimization and DX strings poorly optimized.

But yeah, I've disable and closed every non essential piece of software to see if it would not crash and naaaah, nothin.' Even did a reinstall of the game and what not.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Turdsdown Tom posted:

How the gently caress do you get to that 20,000XP marker on that elevated rock at the Twelve Apostles? What's the best car to make that jump and not just skid off the far edge?

I assume you mean the smaller of the two. I used the Horizon Edition GT with the preset body kit and jumped at around 110MPH. I went a tiny bit too far left right when i was about to jump and barely missed the sign, landing just past it on a section of the rock slightly below it, but I was able to very carefully maneuver my way over to it. Be warned that the terrain there is real glitchy, I don't think they intended for you to actually land there to get that sign but rather just jump through the air and get it that way, so if you do land on that place be real careful and prepare to rewind a lot when your car randomly pops into the air and you fall off.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Endbuster posted:

Fuckin unicorn blood for my coolant loop, and I have some pixies and chicken bones in there for my ram and cpu. Duh. What are you, some sorta console loving dipshit? That was a rhetorical question in case you are too stupid to understand.

But no seriously, I have a pretty stout machine with a 4770k i7 and a nice fat 1080 with some not poo poo RAM and an SSD.

Ok, so we're running similar setups! How did you get rid of the stuttering? Racing around Surfers Paradise and night time races in areas with a lot of trees make my FPS go apeshit and make for a real sad driving experience.

snack soul
Jul 6, 2005

The game is weirdly CPU bound. I had microstutter issues pretty much regardless of graphical quality. Changing the priority to "low" in the task manager improved this significantly (or just run at 30 fps, which the game was clearly "optimized" for). Crashes, on the other hand, just wait for a patch I guess...

It's sad but I just kind of expect major PC releases like this to be a dumpster fire at release these days. The frustration is understandable, especially if you shelled out $100 for the ultimate edition (that's me, the loving moron).

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

Turdsdown Tom posted:

Turn on Rewind. It's useful for stuff like this so you can just retry over and over without having to drive back up onto the mainland.

Endbuster
Jan 7, 2013

comatose posted:

Ok, so we're running similar setups! How did you get rid of the stuttering? Racing around Surfers Paradise and night time races in areas with a lot of trees make my FPS go apeshit and make for a real sad driving experience.

You probably wont like the answer but I had to give the game CPU prio, make sure I didnt have poo poo running in the bg, and disable shadows and turn down the filtering and anti aliasing until I felt comfortable with it.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

L_Harrison posted:

Turn on Rewind. It's useful for stuff like this so you can just retry over and over without having to drive back up onto the mainland.

I've had it turned on, but it just took me since Horizon 2 to realize that you can use it outside of racing events. I had just been fast travelling to the nearest Festival hub :v: I had already found a large portion of the fast travel and XP boards so it didn't really hurt my credits amount.

I ended up getting it by buying a Subaru WRX and fast upgrading it to maximum level. I still almost missed the jump, but the nose dug into the rock enough to bounce me up and onto the top of it. I was able to drive over to the barrier without glitching

DELETED
Nov 14, 2004
Disgruntled
This game is sweet

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Endbuster posted:

You probably wont like the answer but I had to give the game CPU prio, make sure I didnt have poo poo running in the bg, and disable shadows and turn down the filtering and anti aliasing until I felt comfortable with it.

Well that's super poo poo. Might just wait for this miracle patch to come out whenever that is.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

DELETED posted:

This game is sweet

Nice pic, but i swear backfire tunes are the new "sound pumped via the speakers" car trend. Its not just the game, ever been in a focus RS?

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

comatose posted:

I did nothing of that, but I have variable framerate enabled for G-Sync. That said, I also had to disable framerate smoothing, because that did funny business like time rubberbanding.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

So Horizon 3 runs at a steady 45~FPS for me on medium-high, but due to constant crashes, I decided to uninstall and reinstall. Problem is that I'm getting error code 0x80070490 when I attempt to reinstall it now. I've tried re-downloading five or six times now, restarted the PC, deleted settings files and stuff left from the previous installation. Nothing. I can download and install other apps from the windows store, but not Forza. I'm installing on C, next download I'm gonna try to install on F, to see if it makes any difference.

Googling the error code results in some stuff related to windows updates, so I don't feel like I'm getting anywhere with that.

Help.

wezmon
Dec 31, 2007

Black Griffon posted:

So Horizon 3 runs at a steady 45~FPS for me on medium-high, but due to constant crashes, I decided to uninstall and reinstall. Problem is that I'm getting error code 0x80070490 when I attempt to reinstall it now. I've tried re-downloading five or six times now, restarted the PC, deleted settings files and stuff left from the previous installation. Nothing. I can download and install other apps from the windows store, but not Forza. I'm installing on C, next download I'm gonna try to install on F, to see if it makes any difference.

Googling the error code results in some stuff related to windows updates, so I don't feel like I'm getting anywhere with that.

Help.

I had that on initial install. Spent 6 hours total in three sessions with Microsoft Support over 2 days and still no luck. Turned on my pc on day 3 to try and fix it and it just started downloading fine. No idea what changed.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

I was planning to take a break and wait for a patch due to the crashes, so time might be my ally, but it's so god drat fun.

Saw this pop up since the last time I googled the code, so yeah, we're not the only ones:
http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst74171_FH3-installation-error-0x80070490.aspx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Might be worthwhile to verify whether Windows 10 is already updated to 14393.222. Apparently they've fixed some UWP stuff in there that'll also affect FH3.

• Locked thread