Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice

gently caress it like Washington since pre-season making the pick up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Justin Forsett inactive

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
Drafted Washington in every league and I've made sure to hold on to him while waiting for this moment. The MJD comparisons aren't crazy and that offensive line is drat good.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Tiptoes posted:

Drafted Washington in every league and I've made sure to hold on to him while waiting for this moment. The MJD comparisons aren't crazy and that offensive line is drat good.

Please be true. I need the RB2 help in so many leagues.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Why the gently caress would you give Washington more carries when Murray has been really solid so far and your run game is doing well already?

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Tiptoes posted:

me too but is he startable over CHI's Howard or Will Fuller ina flex?

I realize this is more of a start/sit thread question, but since we are on the topic of Washington...

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

MrSargent posted:

Why the gently caress would you give Washington more carries when Murray has been really solid so far and your run game is doing well already?

E: I thought we were talking about Dwayne Washington.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
No it's the right guy.

DEANDRE Washington is on the Raiders

DWAYNE Washington is on the Lions

We can remember this as such:

You can't spell "DeAndre" without "dread" as in, "I would dread to be a visiting fan in Oakland; I would not want to risk my life with gang violence and E-Coli"

"Dwayne" rhymes with "pain" as in "Lions fans live in eternal pain and long for the sweet release of death"

hope this helps

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
It checks out.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Should I drop Matt Asiata to pick up Jacob Tamme this week? Other dropping option is Bilal Powell.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

MrSargent posted:

Honestly he's looked the worst out of the 3 so far this year, he's been buoyed by a TD in each game but he's been outplayed by both Richards and Washington from what I've seen.

He's just really inconsistent.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

MrSargent posted:

https://twitter.com/MattFranchise/status/780464345100660737
https://twitter.com/MikeClayNFL/status/780521511669075968
The Raiders opened the season with a three-headed committee at RB. They're telling us what they think of Latavius Murray, despite how efficient he's been with his carries. They're giving their backups plenty of opportunities and I don't think they're too attached to Murray. If someone else is looking better than him on film and in practice, I think that's going to matter more to this staff. Washington had great SS and three-cone times at the combine. He's really good in tight spaces and can explode for longer gains. Offers more as a passing game weapon too. Murray has seen a surprising amount of receptions and could easily cede that work to another back even if he hangs on to a sizable carry share.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Also don't ignore blocking. Coaches want good blocking from rbs.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

What's that? CJ Spiller touchdown?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

https://twitter.com/RVacchianoSNY/status/782677455765110784

Yikes.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
I so badly wanted to pick up Powell this week. I traded for Eifert and was going to put him in my IR slot (Yahoo lets you if they're classified as 'out') and grab Powell. But the trade processed on Friday, and Eifert was locked on my bench :(

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I was literally about to drop Powell this week and I looked at Forte's usage and was like "eh maybe hang on to him just a little bit longer"

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Newton is in the concussion protocol.

I guess trading away Brady for Marvin Jones may prove problematic.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Bummer. Forte is always so much fun to watch.

But yeah, there's a reason Bilal was the highest handcuff on my ww rankings this week. That Jets workhorse back is looking pretty valuable.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

https://twitter.com/APfeifer24/status/782694372672466944

:3:

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I'm about to drop Golden Tate for Robert Woods, loving lol.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I started Stafford over Matt Ryan this week. HE WAS PLAYING THE BEARS!!!

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
If Dak could start throwing to Beasley that would be greatttttttt.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

LmaoTheKid posted:

I welcome the snarky quotes when you're right. Expecting a few from Benne and Teemu too.

Too easy.

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

Tree Dude posted:

I started Stafford over Matt Ryan this week. HE WAS PLAYING THE BEARS!!!

Bears are good now because Hoyer brings energy that Cutlers diabetes cant match.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

LmaoTheKid posted:

I welcome the snarky quotes when you're right. Expecting a few from Benne and Teemu too.

I save mine for when the takes are the spiciest

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

VietCampo posted:

I'm about to drop Golden Tate for Robert Woods, loving lol.

I'm going to drop Tate for anyone. The only hesitation I have is that I want a piece of the Lions passing offense, and Tate is probably at least a handcuff for Marvin :sigh:

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

RVProfootballer posted:

I'm going to drop Tate for anyone. The only hesitation I have is that I want a piece of the Lions passing offense, and Tate is probably at least a handcuff for Marvin :sigh:

Honestly that's the only reason why i kept him around this long also was because i have Marvin. But at this point there's less frustrating WR's on the wire that can get me more than 3 points a week.

Woods seems to at least be getting 8-10 targets atm, even if LOLbills.

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
Can someone tell me why Sims is sucking rear end besides the fact that he sucks rear end? Is Denver just overwhelming TB?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Mr. McGibblets posted:

Can someone tell me why Sims is sucking rear end besides the fact that he sucks rear end? Is Denver just overwhelming TB?

It's the Charles Sims paradox.

Also is there any news regarding Dwayne Washington's injury coming out yet?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

It's nuts he's only getting 15 carries a game. I just shuttled him off in a trade last week and he of course exploded, but it was again only 15 carries. Hue just won't give him volume.

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
.....good job Palmer. :thumbsup:

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Lol

https://twitter.com/NFLResearch/status/782702229409017856

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Somewhat related, I wish Fuller hadn't been so pooed on in dynasty rankings and discussion. I could've grabbed him at like pick 10 or 11 in almost every league, but everyone had him pegged as a drop machine who'd get 3 targets a week, giving you a donut or 2-70, and uh that doesn't sound appealing.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I, too, wish all the pre-season fantasy football projections that I believed were true, and conversely the ones I didn't believe or which I couldn't take advantage of were totally wrong.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

I, too, wish all the pre-season fantasy football projections that I believed were true, and conversely the ones I didn't believe or which I couldn't take advantage of were totally wrong.

Yeah, me too. Or maybe wish that I'd taken a look at the Texans depth chart behind Hopkins more closely, how highly Fuller was drafted, and how valuable WRs are in dynasty in general, and taken a shot on him. In conclusion, gently caress you!

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
What in the flying gently caress are you doing Cardinals? You bunch of chuckle fucks.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Mr. McGibblets posted:

What in the flying gently caress are you doing Cardinals? You bunch of chuckle fucks.

There's a GDT duder

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Mr. McGibblets posted:

.....good job Palmer. :thumbsup:

Where do the Palmer dis-believers line up??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trdn89
Aug 16, 2008
Today I played:

Stafford (vs CHI)
MJJ (vs CHI)
Hilton (vs JAX)
T. Benjamin (vs NO)
Sims
Crowell
Kelce
Cooks (vs SD)
J. Tucker
Denver DST

So far TWO of those motherfuckers (Crowell and Denver) have beaten their projections so far. I also left Matt Ryan on the bench since he was playing Carolina. Oh, and the guy I'm playing has AJG, Leveon, and Jordan Reed.

Fantasy football: why must you be such a butt

• Locked thread