Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
what is it with people and goddamned tops lately

is this like some "i get it, you've seen inception" type thing or just a random fad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miVRaoR_8xQ

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

is your top also a bottle opener and a knife and a firestarter and a flashlight and a usb drive and a tactical aircraft-alumium knuckle-duster?!?

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

SUNDAY NIGHT MFS

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

its happening.gif

i think i need to buy some booze before i watch. hrmery

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Sniep posted:

is this like some "i get it, you've seen inception" type thing or just a random fad

it's autism

i mean you say "people" but you mean "white male 20-to-40 computer programmers" right

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

OH poo poo ITS HERE

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
regardless of the quality of the review i could never bring myself to watching a review that's an hour and thirty minutes long

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Improbable Lobster posted:

regardless of the quality of the review i could never bring myself to watching a review that's an hour and thirty minutes long

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
lol I was just walking to the store and someone set up a tiny tent made of umbrellas on the grass to shoot up in

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

plinkett reviews are only reviews in a loose sense. i mean there's real info in it but a lot of that is jokes and such

i understand your hesitance but plinkett reviews are tight and well worth the time

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
it was like a tiny opiate yurt

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

SmokaDustbowl posted:

tiny opiate yurt

mods!!

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

lol but hours of anime is watchable

Panty Saluter posted:

plinkett reviews are only reviews in a loose sense. i mean there's real info in it but a lot of that is jokes and such

i understand your hesitance but plinkett reviews are tight and well worth the time
yea its this. entertaining with depth and insight

e: and lets not overlook that regular car reviews seems to be inspired in some way by plinkett. So, if you like RCR then you may like plinket.

However, I don't really like too much of the beatles but they inspired a lot of my fave bands so ymmv

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

KoRMaK posted:

lol but hours of anime is watchable

giant robots fuckin own

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

For example, I didnt give a poo poo about the star wars prequels - didnt really understand why people siad they were bad.

But I watched and sat through plinket reviews because the reviews themselves were interesting, like listening to someone that knows their craft very well talk about it. I still don't care too much about star wars but the reviews themselves are like there own thing.

And whats wierd is that if the prequels didn't exist and weren't as lovely as they were, then redlettermedia/plinket never would have existed and I never would have been introduced to these guys who seem to know what they are talking about.

Then, after watching the reviews I got some insight into how rushed/poorly planned the prequels were which was just interesting that something like that could happen to such a big deal brand. For example, the first trilogy was probably good becuase lucas had a team around him to stear him away from bad ideas which means that the output was collaborative effort.

And it turns out that lucas had really bad ideas, so when he got full control it showed.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

SmokaDustbowl posted:

giant robots fuckin own

This is a compelling point.

I feel wierd....

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

KoRMaK posted:

This is a compelling point.

I feel wierd....

I mostly watch documentaries lol

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

Aren't you the guitarist for the feed dogs?

pacific rim was a fun documentary

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

KoRMaK posted:

For example, I didnt give a poo poo about the star wars prequels - didnt really understand why people siad they were bad.

But I watched and sat through plinket reviews because the reviews themselves were interesting, like listening to someone that knows their craft very well talk about it. I still don't care too much about star wars but the reviews themselves are like there own thing.

And whats wierd is that if the prequels didn't exist and weren't as lovely as they were, then redlettermedia/plinket never would have existed and I never would have been introduced to these guys who seem to know what they are talking about.

Then, after watching the reviews I got some insight into how rushed/poorly planned the prequels were which was just interesting that something like that could happen to such a big deal brand. For example, the first trilogy was probably good becuase lucas had a team around him to stear him away from bad ideas which means that the output was collaborative effort.

And it turns out that lucas had really bad ideas, so when he got full control it showed.

Same but LOTR / The Hobbitt

Graff
May 10, 2012

SmokaDustbowl posted:

lol I was just walking to the store and someone set up a tiny tent made of umbrellas on the grass to shoot up in

it's not the weirdest place I've known someone to shoot up thatd be "under their own balls"

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Graff posted:

it's not the weirdest place I've known someone to shoot up thatd be "under their own balls"

I guess I didn't think to ask the person hiding in a bunch of umbrellas what vein they were popping

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
skin poppin' is the new hotness because if you've got fent it's less likely to kill you

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

KoRMaK posted:

please spin on me

aw poo poo i remember them from when i was a kid

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Graff posted:

the taint?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Sniep posted:

its just because they're real easy to design and cheap to have manufactured

same reason there's so many minimal wallet kickstarters

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

fishmech posted:

no actually looks like my gut feeling was right and its fedrora trenchcoat nerds jacking off about inception

4 of the top 6 amazon sellers for "spinning tops" is inception poo poo

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
i bought a normal, non minimal wallet. holds all my cards and stuff, pretty good

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
maybe minorly :nws: i dunno?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i'm half an hour in and he's still just loving talking about some other guy's idiot fan theory that george lucas is a secret genius and we just don't understand his art

he hasn't mentioned a single event from the new movie

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
gyroscopes rule tops drool
i had one of these as a kid and they still rule today

quote:

This gyroscope was first produced in 1917 under the name of 'Chandler gyroscope'. It has remained relatively unchanged and has been a classic educational toy for generations.

http://www.gyroscope.com/d.asp?product=TEDCO2

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

fishmech posted:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Dr. Honked posted:

gyroscopes rule tops drool
i had one of these as a kid and they still rule today

http://www.gyroscope.com/d.asp?product=TEDCO2

saaaaaaame

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Sagebrush posted:

i'm half an hour in and he's still just loving talking about some other guy's idiot fan theory that george lucas is a secret genius and we just don't understand his art

he hasn't mentioned a single event from the new movie
this is a spoiler for the review's very obvious foreshadowing

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

KoRMaK posted:

yea its this. entertaining with depth and insight

i agree but i could really do without the "lol i torture and kill prostitutes and kids in my basement!!!" aspect of the reviews. they're good other than that.

and yeah mr regular does the plinkett voice too much i think. both do better imo when they're not trying to force the humor too much

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Clockwork Sputnik posted:

Should've been Netflix.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

DANGO: Tactically Chained

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

• Locked thread