Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

my dad posted:

Lair of the Shadow Broker sounds fun.

As for the loyalty mission, how about Whatshisname's? Maybe it'll give him some actual characterisation?

Ha ha ha ha no

The backstory to that loyalty mission is creepy as hell but it doesn't make Joey any more interesting of a character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

overlord seems appropriate given how TIM was acting last video

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Grunt AND Mordin that way we get to meet an old friend :3:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Aces High posted:

Grunt AND Mordin that way we get to meet an old friend :3:
Oh yeah, I should probably mention you can double up on some of these at a location. Saves some back and forth, though it doesn't matter too much.

Grunt/Mordin - Tuchanka
Miranda/LOTSB - Illium
Garrus/Thane - Citadel

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
I like meeting old friends, so let's do Grunt/Mordin.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Piece of trivia: Like I mentioned there's a P/R check for Miranda and Jack. There's also one for Tali and somebody we haven't met yet. There was going to be one for Mordin and Grunt but it got cut.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Grunt and Mordin
But let's do things right. Bring the Cain, Tuchanka needs to get nuked again.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

I want to beat up The Shadow Broker, personally.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

SubponticatePoster posted:

Piece of trivia: Like I mentioned there's a P/R check for Miranda and Jack. There's also one for Tali and somebody we haven't met yet. There was going to be one for Mordin and Grunt but it got cut.

You can find the cut Mordin/Grunt dialogue here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMHCuaVrW1I The person who made this is pretty good about mining unused dialogue from ME games.

I have the feeling there was going to be one for Jason and Thane as well, Jason is pretty catty about Thane being an assassin during the introduction sequence.

Also up for the Grunt and Mordin show.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Experience the lovely Tuchanka weather with Mordin and Grunt. It's cloudy, followed by cloudy and a light shower of nuclear warheads.

I'm sure I've said it before but waiting with Tali's mission until the last minute so it can be done with the unmet squad member is the best.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Poil posted:

Experience the lovely Tuchanka weather with Mordin and Grunt. It's cloudy, followed by cloudy and a light shower of nuclear warheads.

I'm sure I've said it before but waiting with Tali's mission until the last minute so it can be done with the unmet squad member is the best.

It's even better if unmet squad member comes on her recruitment mission.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

monster on a stick posted:

It's even better if unmet squad member comes on her recruitment mission.
Ok, now that sounds like it could be hilarious. Is there time to do all three?

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Poil posted:

Ok, now that sounds like it could be hilarious. Is there time to do all three?

Kind of. You can hold off recruiting Tali until after a certain point when time isn't as much of an issue. I'm not sure about thread spoiler policy, but you can do a Youtube search for Kal'reegar and unnamed squad member's name to see a pretty funny scene.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Kind of. You can hold off recruiting Tali until after a certain point when time isn't as much of an issue. I'm not sure about thread spoiler policy, but you can do a Youtube search for Kal'reegar and unnamed squad member's name to see a pretty funny scene.
RIGHT BEHIND YOU! :roflolmao:

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
Voting we recruit the unnamed squad member and/or do Lair of the Shadow Broker next.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
Mordin/Grunt 2016!!!!

i love them so much.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

DeusExMachinima posted:

Voting we recruit the unnamed squad member and/or do Lair of the Shadow Broker next.
Unnamed's gotta wait since this is a (theoretically) non-gently caress up run which includes ship crew :v:

e: curse you 360 and your inferior storage capability :argh:

Malah
May 18, 2015

I'd like to see what Tuchanka has to offer us. I'm also preemptively voting for the path that lets us do Tali's in the most hilarious and therefore only correct way. :allears:

It is criminal that we have to save edit and/or metagame the gently caress out of the mission order to set that up.

Malah fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Sep 20, 2016

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Unnamed's gotta wait since this is a (theoretically) non-gently caress up run which includes ship crew :v:

Specifically, They'll have to wait until there's only 1 mission left of our current lot. They're kind of availability shafted, which is a big shame.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

FoolyCharged posted:

Specifically, They'll have to wait until there's only 1 mission left of our current lot. They're kind of availability shafted, which is a big shame.

Not really. After doing A Certain Mission, you have some number of missions to go before something else kicks off. For most runs that's one mission, but I think it can be a lot more depending on how many recruitment and loyalty missions you have left to go.

How many missions you get exactly is :tali: territory, which is why nobody really does it.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Yeah, the metagaming is horseshit. I know on PC you can mod in Unnamed Squadmember because all of the dialogue/interaction is there without triggering Bad Things. Usually I do Tali's and US's loyalties last for obvious reasons and it doesn't create any problems.

Since our next episode is short and plot-free let's go ahead and...

Next Update's Ingredients
Southern Comfort
Coke

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Not really. After doing A Certain Mission, you have some number of missions to go before something else kicks off. For most runs that's one mission, but I think it can be a lot more depending on how many recruitment and loyalty missions you have left to go.

How many missions you get exactly is :tali: territory, which is why nobody really does it.

It's exactly 2 missions every time. One of which will be the last party member's loyalty mission. Past that bad stuff starts happening.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

I hosted a party in college where someone brought a bottle of southern comfort. Everyone drank my Evan Williams instead, and the bottle was left at my place. I eventually gave it to my roommate. I visited her a few years after we stopped living together, and there it was, about 2/3 empty.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Yeah, the metagaming is horseshit. I know on PC you can mod in Unnamed Squadmember because all of the dialogue/interaction is there without triggering Bad Things.

You can do it on Xbox too. Gibbed is a lifesaver since you can also give yourself enough minerals to never need mining, and enough credits to avoid most of the minigames.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Octatonic posted:

I hosted a party in college where someone brought a bottle of southern comfort. Everyone drank my Evan Williams instead, and the bottle was left at my place. I eventually gave it to my roommate. I visited her a few years after we stopped living together, and there it was, about 2/3 empty.
Oh god Evan Williams :barf: I picked up a bottle on recommendation from goon bartenders, drank about half my usual consumption amount of Wild Turkey and ended up with a puking hangover and didn't poo poo right for a week. SoCo on the other hand, well I've consumed most of a fifth in a single setting and was drunk but fine.

You can do it on Xbox too. Gibbed is a lifesaver since you can also give yourself enough minerals to never need mining, and enough credits to avoid most of the minigames.
One of the only things I don't like about PS3 :( I think you can do some save fuckery but not to that extent.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

2 live crew

The Drink
The Comfy Chair
2 oz Southern Comfort
Coke

If you can't figure out what to do here I don't know what to tell you.

The Drinking Game
You've got 1 drink and about 15 minutes. Git 'er done.

The Episode
Just crewchat. We've sexually harassed Kelly into feeding our fish. Samara has hosed up family issues, even more severe than most on our ship. Thane is weird, Tali apparently accidentally betrayed the Fleet and Chakwas survived our drinking session.

Thread says we go to a hellish landscape full of toxic waste, so we're heading off to New Jersey Tuchanka to take care of Grunt and Mordin.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Being a Spectre means never having to say you're sorry face sexual harassment charges

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Yiiiiiiiikes. :stare:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Next Update's Ingredients
Vodka
Cranberry Juice

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde
CosmOmegaPolitan ?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Samara must be pretty bad at tracking if it has taken her 400 years to reach this point and Shepard solves it in 4 hours.

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

I am shocked and appalled.
It's been proven time and again that Shepard is literally the only person in the galaxy who can actually accomplish anything.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

No wonder the collectors tried to kill her off at the start of the game then.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

J.theYellow posted:

CosmOmegaPolitan ?
I assure you the pun is much worse than that.

DukeofCA posted:

It's been proven time and again that Shepard is literally the only person in the galaxy who can actually accomplish anything.
Which is why Control is the most appropriate ME3 ending. It's just making what everybody knew official.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Poil posted:

Samara must be pretty bad at tracking if it has taken her 400 years to reach this point and Shepard solves it in 4 hours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys4sHKj6nAE&t=265s

Malah
May 18, 2015

Post-loyalty combat remains my favorite part of ME2 as an Adept because of how much the bonus powers (Reave and Slam in particular) enabled more options to deal with enemies.

I might have to do a Vanguard run next just to see what it's like being able to Play Like a Gentleman and take damage. The only sections I'd really miss Adept for in ME2 would be zero-grav; Slam and Throw are both amazing and hilarious for them.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Malah posted:

Post-loyalty combat remains my favorite part of ME2 as an Adept because of how much the bonus powers (Reave and Slam in particular) enabled more options to deal with enemies.

I might have to do a Vanguard run next just to see what it's like being able to Play Like a Gentleman and take damage. The only sections I'd really miss Adept for in ME2 would be zero-grav; Slam and Throw are both amazing and hilarious for them.

If it makes you feel any better you can take slam as your bonus power. Pull/charge is a lovely combination.

grimlock_master
Nov 1, 2013

Fuck you, suzie

If it makes you feel any better you can take slam as your bonus power. Pull/charge is a lovely combination.

Low cost skeet shooting

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Poil posted:

Samara spends 90% of her time trying to wrangle her boobs in to that outfit every day. Doesn't leave much time for doing actual work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Just FYI guys I'm at a stupid work conference this week so I haven't had my usual time to work on the update. I brought my laptop with me today so I should be able to get the audio mixed and editing done. I'll pretend I'm taking copious notes or something :v: Video should be up tomorrow.

• Locked thread