Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Luna Was Here posted:

guys can we take a step back from the squabbles and note that clg, team that lost to anx, is currently winning over rox by pure lane power? you know what this means

anx is better than rox ignore anx v rox for this scenario please

this was an amazing jinx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Zoidomania posted:

Honest question, why do you guys dislike CLG so much? My guess is that you guys don't like them because of Hotshot. However, I don't know all that much about Hotshots transgressions. So, do any of you mind fleshing it out for me?

I love CLG because of my boy Aphromoo, but they have a hilarious habit of firing the wrong people to fix problems (pobelter) and being generally incompetent. They're also incredibly meta dependent due to Darshan's champion pool.

People also used to hate on Xmithie because a) dumb name and b) the guy used to miss point blank Sejuani ults like he was being paid by the other team. He seems to have gotten significantly better though?

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Schiavona posted:

I love CLG because of my boy Aphromoo, but they have a hilarious habit of firing the wrong people to fix problems (pobelter) and being generally incompetent. They're also incredibly meta dependent due to Darshan's champion pool.

People also used to hate on Xmithie because a) dumb name and b) the guy used to miss point blank Sejuani ults like he was being paid by the other team. He seems to have gotten significantly better though?

I used to give xsmithie maybe more poo poo than anyone on here and even I'm willing to admit that he's probably the best player on their team now. He's improved significantly.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
is huhi about to go legendary

stump collector
May 28, 2007
what the gently caress am iwatching

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
man i didn't know aurelion sol was so good

then again i'm mid-gold and NEVER see him, so

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

nami has not worked out well for anyone so far, for a lot of the reasons that libertine really hates her

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

This game has owned and I am a better person for ha ING experienced it.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
Aphromoo: hey mata what's good?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Congrats to the best mid laner at worlds, Huhi.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I'm concerned that this game may be indicative of a future betting scandal in Korean LoL.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Huhi is never getting ASol again

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

ROX actually had the potential to gently caress up in this way too but i don't care about LCK as much and I figured it would be more evident to more people than the weaknesses of the Chinese teams. any team that has a weakness of potentially loving up the early game for no real reason is gonna get punished extra hard right now, i think, and since this isnt LCK you're not as likely to have two teams content to just hang out for 55 minutes crankin the cs hog

edit: i strongly get the impression that ROX has totally disrespected all three opponents so far and aren't as good as they think they are. it really doesn't help that they put Smeb on Poppy and gorillA hasnt been that great this season

stump collector
May 28, 2007
he went legendary

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
ROX are getting owned but it's ok because Smeg is gonna get another pentakill 40 minutes into the game and win it!

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
ASol is great for Huhi because it has the kit to make big strategic plays without requiring god tier mechanics to execute.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Rox is far from out of this. That said, this is kind of a perfect storm for CLG. They got three of their signature champs, denied Peanut one of his, and Rox drafted a fairly low damage comp.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Dark Shawn decides to give rox a chance... sporting man.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

why does anyone let huhi pick AS

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

rabidsquid posted:

im sorry your attempt to own me by taking my joke bait backfired. namaste Brokenshard

and then the whole thread stood up and started cheering. and your name....was albert einstein

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
I really never thought I'd see Aurelion Sol in pro play but yeah there's no chance Huhi will get to play him again after this

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
Just got back from getting sushi and as expected, fresh off the back of getting dumpstered by Arthas Knocks CLG is 7k up at 20 minutes over the #1 Korean seed. Yawn, Worlds has been so predictable so far.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

rabidsquid posted:

edit: i strongly get the impression that ROX has totally disrespected all three opponents so far and aren't as good as they think they are. it really doesn't help that they put Smeb on Poppy and gorillA hasnt been that great this season

i think this is right imo

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Guys maybe rox can stall this game out and farm to six items on their no damage champs that dont win late game.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
The funny thing about CLG is, even though they are bad, they know what to do with a lead. So they're not going to just sit around for 20 minutes like Flash Wolves and piss it away, they're probably going to win in about five or ten minutes here.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Hey Peanut you wanna build an Aegis? Oh you're getting a Specter's Cowl instead? Ok...

Hey Gorilla you wanna build an Aegis? Oh you rushed the Kindlegem part first. Ok...

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Servaetes posted:

I really never thought I'd see Aurelion Sol in pro play but yeah there's no chance Huhi will get to play him again after this

Fly was a really strong Aurelion Sol player too, and he absolutely wrecked SSG during that series on it but obviously they failed to qualify

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Huhi should only ever play AS, Annie, or Sion

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

I love CLG but I won't be surprised at all if they lose this game.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

That flank was really excellent but I don't think CLG will let that happen again

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
what is happening, I just came back and huhi is the greatest mid on earth?

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

GET hosed NOBODY SURPRISES STAR DRAGON

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
rip ezreal

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
Huhi is the best player in this game.

Sexpansion