Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

Schnorkles posted:

it really does feel like this is coming doesn't it

To be honest I'm ready for semi's to be 3 NA teams and SKT. It's the most likely outcome at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Schnorkles posted:

it really does feel like this is coming doesn't it

I'm hoping everyone who says theyre sick is actually sick and SKT is just enjoying the weakest groups at worlds and we dont have another boring rear end torunament.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

The whole stadium erupts into USA chants for the Korean born in France

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
all of the clg slum buckets coming out of the woodwork now that their team is no longer a giant joke, only to realize that nothing has changed, and everyone still thinks their team is a giant joke regardless because it was a single Bo1 win and they're gonna get poo poo on by now confirmed best team in Group A, Abercrombie Nordstrom Levi

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Could you please gif the play of the game: Darshawn buying a dorans ring, selling it, buying a dorans ring again, selling it again, and buying a ruby crystal on his third try.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Work Friend Keven posted:

I'm hoping everyone who says theyre sick is actually sick and SKT is just enjoying the weakest groups at worlds and we dont have another boring rear end torunament.

skt winning 4 major internationals in a row would be kinda poo poo, yeah.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Is A Sol that broken or is Huhi actually good enough to carry that shitsquad?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Luna Was Here posted:

all of the clg slum buckets coming out of the woodwork now that their team is no longer a giant joke, only to realize that nothing has changed, and everyone still thinks their team is a giant joke regardless because it was a single Bo1 win and they're gonna get poo poo on by now confirmed best team in Group A, Abercrombie Nordstrom Levi

CLG is definitely doing way better than I could have imagined but I think this game reflects way more poorly on ROX than it does well on CLG, because as you say, best of ones don't REALLY indicated strength but they can absolutely expose problems.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Captain Lavender posted:

Huhi could be better on AS than any mid is on anything - if you can beat huhi with one of your bans, it's not terribly impressive.

But poo poo this game was crazy. This worlds is crazy. It's almost so ridiculous that I can't even get excited about upsets at this point. Anyone beats anyone, apparently.

Atleast show some stats. He has played Aurelion Sol 3 times since MSI counting this game. Ya such a one trick. I wonder how he got the most mvp points for CLG in playoffs and summer split. Jensen/Pobelter are higher than him and by like 1-2 mvp points.

Anyway if you played the game at a high level and played mid you can tell. Maybe you should watch the player experience to learn more about the game.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Bottom Liner posted:

Irelia's Hole is a strong champion, it just also happens to be the only one huhi can play at all

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
maybe ROX should have scrimmed some more teams instead of basking in their perceived greatness

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Bottom Liner posted:

Aurelion Sol appears to be Huhi's only good champion who is somewhat in meta atm. However, that game was almost entirely on Rox's damage being literal kittens

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Bottom Liner posted:

Yes.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
hey guys please stop being jerks and ruining the moment where Huhi showed the world he was the greatest mid-laner to ever be born

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Bottom Liner posted:

he has a unique ability that allows him to circumvent the lane phase and also still get gold/experience. he's sort of like first item homeguards hecarim in that way, and he's very strong on people who put the time in (even in solo queue) while also being a way to negate Huhis weaknesses. you wouldn't want to put Faker on him but he's a great pocket pick for certain types of players

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
That match and Skt's stomp of C9 have been the only games this whole tournament that looked like world class play. Some of these games have been fun but they mostly look like 45 minute cluster fucks.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

I would probably pay a Riot employee at least $100 to shove Jatt into a locker

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Luna Was Here posted:

The truly brave choice is to be against clg in this thread

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Ulio posted:

Atleast show some stats. He has played Aurelion Sol 3 times since MSI counting this game. Ya such a one trick. I wonder how he got the most mvp points for CLG in playoffs and summer split. Jensen/Pobelter are higher than him and by like 1-2 mvp points.

Anyway if you played the game at a high level and played mid you can tell. Maybe you should watch the player experience to learn more about the game.

stats without context in league, are almost totally worthless. sort of like MVP points. some really W/E player had a ton of MVP points in LCK this season. Jensen really isn't elite and Pobelter is actually a decent comparison as he's like the #4 priority on his team for gold and jungler vicinity.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Jayisspecial posted:

That match and Skt's stomp of C9 have been the only games this whole tournament that looked like world class play. Some of these games have been fun but they mostly look like 45 minute cluster fucks.

rng v spylce

samsung v tsm

I think samsung looked really impressive in samsung v rng

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I feel like since CLG has the best mid laner in the world, the best support and alistar player in the world, and the best nidalee in the world theyve got to have a good chance out of groups at this point. Just my opinion: hell, you can disagree if you want. At the end of the day they're still only the 8th best team in NA and its a travesty that they got to go over immortals, the 5th best team in NA.

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
why do casters get in trouble for cursing when they air team comms that would make a sailor blush?

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

I feel like since CLG has the best mid laner in the world, the best support and alistar player in the world, and the best nidalee in the world theyve got to have a good chance out of groups at this point. Just my opinion: hell, you can disagree if you want. At the end of the day they're still only the 8th best team in NA and its a travesty that they got to go over immortals, the 5th best team in NA.

i'm assuming even with arcwhoever as jungler that liquid is still 4th

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I actually do think that SKT may be the best team at the tournament, but I also think FW can beat them. They match up really well and are a better early team.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

I'm pretty sure that I'm going to go to bed tonight and c9 and imay will still be playing when I wake up

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Sexpansion posted:

I actually do think that SKT may be the best team at the tournament, but I also think FW can beat them. They match up really well and are a better early team.

I have no idea how you can think that FW are going to win a single game after the travesty last night

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Heres the official canon NA power ranking

1. TSM
2. C9
3. P1
4. Team Liquid
5. Immortals
6. Team Dignitas
7. Which ever team Xpecial is on now
8. CLG
9. Team Dignitas
10. Fnatic

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
i like that kobe does all clg games and papasmithy had to stand next to him, being the calm dad to the diabetic kid who just snorted five pixy sticks.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama

Schnorkles posted:

rng v spylce

samsung v tsm

I think samsung looked really impressive in samsung v rng

In full discolsure I have no interest in watching EU teams but yeah TSM vs Samsung was really good.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Jayisspecial posted:

In full discolsure I have no interest in watching EU teams but yeah TSM vs Samsung was really good.

good news, spylce didn't actually play versus rng so much as get run over by a very angry chinese adc

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Bottom Liner posted:

Huhi on A Sol is a lot like Westdoor on Twisted Fate - below average players but incredibly good on one pocket pick. There is no reason to ever let those guys have those champs.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Schnorkles posted:

i'm assuming even with arcwhoever as jungler that liquid is still 4th

The 4th best team in NA is TSM Dark: dyrus in the top lane, oddone in the jungle, goldenglute mid, hi im gosu adc, valkrin support

They are too scary to be allowed in lcs so they play in the shadows, lurking on the margins aka twitch.tv dont forget to like and subscribe welcome to camp dyrus

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

yeah the fog of war stream in RNG vs Splyce was amazing

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Heres the official canon NA power ranking

1. TSM
2. C9
3. P1
4. Team Liquid
5. Immortals
6. Team Dignitas
7. Which ever team Xpecial is on now
8. CLG
9. Team Dignitas
10. Fnatic

I think the worst part about this list is aside from p1 you're not completely wrong

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
The RNG vs Splyce fog of war stream is great if you like horror movies

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

YancyQ posted:

The RNG vs Splyce fog of war stream is great if you like horror movies

The spectator for that stream had a heck of a time keeping up because every time one person was being 1v1'd on the map, the rest of the team was being slaughtered. Uzi ran a train on the bottom lane and just started solo killing them after a while

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Papasmithy's listening face is very cocaine-y

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
LS: If Maple is Vegeta Saga Goku Kaoken x2 then Faker is SSJ GOTRUNKS NARUTO x4

zelgadis
Sep 5, 2004

Doesn't that just beat all
This world's and people's comments make me wonder what a truly good LoL game would like like.

Is its ultimate expression a tense dance around baron, farming and lightly skirmishing, until there is a team fight ending in an ace? I don't think many would think so, but at end of games like FW/C9 and that Origen game in the summer split where there were like 9 inhibitors killed, people say it epic or whatever.

Is it strategic ganks/counterganks through the laning phase, and a strong fight at dragon or something, which snowballs the winner to victory?

Is it the stereotypical chinese style with constant fighting and risk-taking?

I just think every game that stalls out is bad, but maybe that's a good way to play?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Wow SKT really likes Cass.

e: I wonder if they are flexing it w/duke but no one knows it yet or if they just think it's that strong.

• Locked thread