Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Kild
Apr 24, 2010

JohnnyCocksville posted:

I hope Uub shows up at some point. Is he even in the character poll?

I dont even see the poll anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

JohnnyCocksville posted:

I hope Uub shows up at some point. Is he even in the character poll?

Uub 33 1.49%

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Me, every single time I make a post

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Goku never having kissed his wife was the real twist this episode. I can overlook a time fuckery contradiction if we get a follow-up to that.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Maybe Black Goku is the real Goku and the Goku we've been following is a weird time-displaced clone.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

goku kisses chichi when he wakes up from his heart disease coma in the cell saga its implied.

also to get married you literally have to kiss

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Stairmaster posted:

goku kisses chichi when he wakes up from his heart disease coma in the cell saga its implied.

Clearly anime filler.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

maybe you don't have to in Ox King's country, I don't remember the wedding episode aside from some poo poo about a fan and Grandpa Gohan, I should really open my season 5 dvds

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Stairmaster posted:

"It's implied" is what every Goku/Vegeta shipper says. I'm sure President Dog removed the kissing requirement from marriage since some species might find this difficult to perform.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I think the funniest thing about the "Goku didn't kiss his wife" thing is the "Of course he did! Just look at... ah... hrm..." response. It's disturbingly plausible that Goku did in fact never kiss his wife.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

HE DOESN'T KNOW WHAT IT IS

HOW

HOW DOES HE NOT KNOW WHAT IT IS

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Rodyle posted:

HE DOESN'T KNOW WHAT IT IS

HOW

HOW DOES HE NOT KNOW WHAT IT IS

How would he know what it is?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Goku is getting awfully close to TFS Goku

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Goku is well aware of what Kisses are.

They're a candy.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Stairmaster posted:

Chi Chi just gave him an awkward hug when they got married:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kOZx49LnXU&t=29s

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Seriously though how the gently caress did chi chi get a single sperm out of him, let alone two

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Spiritus Nox posted:

Seriously though how the gently caress did chi chi get a single sperm out of him, let alone two

Instant Transmission.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

carefully

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

She told him they were wrestling

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
She used the dragon balls

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I think this is the actual line that breaks Goku being stupid as a fun thing and moves it into eye rolling for me

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

I think this is the actual line that breaks Goku being stupid as a fun thing and moves it into eye rolling for me

This is literally how dumb Goku has been since the series started. The only thing it clarifies is that Goku hasn't gotten much smarter in his years of living alone in the forest + being dead.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ImpAtom posted:

This is literally how dumb Goku has been since the series started. The only thing it clarifies is that Goku hasn't gotten much smarter in his years of living alone in the forest + being dead.

He has not been full on "is marriage a food"/poking crotches to check gender stupid in a long-rear end time, even in the manga

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Blockhouse posted:

Its not that Goku is stupid. After he hit his head Goku got that brain disorder from Momento, which prevents him from remembering long term memories. Every day Goku has to figure out the world again. Even adult Goku is still as ignorant as he was living in the woods as a orphaned child, because his damaged brain can not form long term memories.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I can accept a lot of unrealistic stuff, don't get me wrong. Space alien monkey genetics, time travel, cat gods, wish orbs.

But a dude being on Earth for forty+ years around other people not knowing what kissing is is, like, actually a dumb thing to write..

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Oct 3, 2016

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Basically when you have two children with some one

And you are not a Namekian who spawns via eggs

Kissing is a natural event that likely could, should or WOULD happen at least once.

This is just really stupid and pushes suspension of disbelief. Goku is not a child, he is a grown rear end man with two children sired by he himself.

Unless ChiChi just hosed him while he was asleep, it makes zero goddamn sense and isn't even funny due to how head scratching it is.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

maybe chichi just really, REALLY likes it from behind

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Burkion posted:

Kissing is a natural event that likely could, should or WOULD happen at least once.

This is just really stupid and pushes suspension of disbelief. Goku is not a child, he is a grown rear end man with two children sired by he himself.

Its brilliant though, because its totally consistent. Throughout all of the hundreds of episodes and mangas of Dragonball Goku has never kissed anyone. They are just pointing it out.

DB Super is great, in that it leaves so much to the imagination :v:

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
I really doubt he's never seen people kiss. Between Bulma, Chichi and Krillan having active dating lives. Nevermind his son being married. Plus Roshi.
Maybe he just thinks it's gross.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Also, Goku has lived pretty secluded ever since that training during which he got tall. Like, he married Chi Chi, had Gohan and then just hung out with his childhood friends + Vegeta and Piccolo every other year, Bulma comments on this every now and then. They live pretty far in the mountains, i'm sure the Son family aren't very social and thus Goku has never seen people kissing enough times to assume it's normal.

Heck, maybe Chi Chi still thinks that kisses are going too far even with your husband.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
We know that Goku occasionally goes to the city. Yeah he hangs around his childhood friends, like Krillin, who is basically attached at the hip to his wife. Kissing is going too far but sex isn't? And we've seen Goku basically bribe Old Kaioshin with a date with Bulma. He's just suddenly regressed to sub-human levels of intelligence for a joke that doesn't make any sense.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Kissing as romantic expression ain't a natural thing tho. It's a human tradition, but it's not an instinctive thing like sex. Not that the Goku thing isn't a bit dumb but hey, maybe DB World has public kissing as a taboo and Goku is just enough of a recluse to have missed those displays of affection. Also Chichi has some issues, man.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I've seen it suggested that Goku meant giving the senzu via mouth to mouth and that it was just Vegeta who misinterpreted it, wherein Goku responds with "what does being married have to with (giving the senzu)"

and thus we are all Vegeta

gently caress Black and Zamasu we've got to get to the bottom of this

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Mai is over thirty and blushes hard over handholding. Piccolo thought Trunks having a girlfriend meant he wasn't pure of heart and Roshi is in it for magazines and workout vids.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
Guys, it's just a lead-up to a joke when the arc is over. "Chichi! We gotta try this new thing I learned in the future!"

Uchiha
May 9, 2005
You shot who in the what now?
has this been posted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LKT_IcyT-s&feature=youtu.be

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Mai is over thirty and blushes hard over handholding.
Truly the greatest DB girl.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

i'm dead

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
So wasn't Mai an adult, or at least teenage in DB? Does her being "almost thirty" in BotG just not sense?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i look forward to the Goku and Chi Chi kiss arc after the Goku Black arc

• Locked thread