Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

YancyQ posted:

probably the best worlds...

maybe lane swaps were a cancer after all...

Well I mean. They were Monte Cristo's favorite aspect of the game so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
Impact answering in English out of no where, be still my heart.

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer

AttackBacon posted:

Well I mean. They were Monte Cristo's favorite aspect of the game so...

And they also got rid of MonteCristo!

Best worlds ever

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
Don't put Meteos on a champ he has never been able to play at a professional level and he does well for himself also focus some of the team's resources on top lane instead of leaving your best player on an island and C9 wins cleanly I could not have imagined

Typical Pubbie fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Oct 3, 2016

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Olaf is super easy and fun to play though

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Definitely agree this year's worlds has been the best yet. Jesus. Week 2 is gonna be insane.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
Well ladies and gentlemen it has been my pleasure watching the first week of Worlds with all of you. I look forward to continued dominance next week from the best and MOST handsome region, the North American League Champion Series*. Until then, I must bid you all...bon nuit.

*CIS is cool too.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Why did I do this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WSoWKqVpWI

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Chariots of fire theme playing while an olaf nocturne and skarner run down a jihn in slow motion

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

beautiful.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
Now I kinda want to know what Meteos did to warrant 3 Zac bans in a row

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Moatman posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX_IQkeXq9g&t=58s

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Moatman posted:

It's just a target ban against C9's weakest player to take him even less of a factor.

Flanky
Jun 2, 2011
IIRC there was an interview with one of the SKT guys where he was asked about the Zac ban, and the response was that no one plays Zac in Korea so they want to take out that X-factor. Reading between the lines they probably figure that they outclass C9 in skill and can beat them as long as they know the game they're playing.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Typical Pubbie posted:

Don't put Meteos on a champ he has never been able to play at a professional level and he does well for himself also focus some of the team's resources on top lane instead of leaving your best player on an island and C9 wins cleanly I could not have imagined

i actually think that letting Meteos play Olaf might be a good way to nudge him towards more of his bad tendencies, but if he manages to get a lead on it, it sort of amplifies his power farming and pays off a lot, so its a risky proposition for both sides.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
My hand burns with an awesome power... It's telling me to stroke my dick and shoot out big wads of sticky jizz!

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
:suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide:

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Good morning :)

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

i actually think that letting Meteos play Olaf might be a good way to nudge him towards more of his bad tendencies, but if he manages to get a lead on it, it sort of amplifies his power farming and pays off a lot, so its a risky proposition for both sides.

meteos is going to power farm wolves no matter what, but if you give him a champ that can clear quickly he'll run out of camps and then he might actually visit a lane

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Killed By Death posted:

RealFoxy posted:

yeah this is me right now. peke and soaz didn't die for this...

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Typical Pubbie posted:

meteos is going to power farm wolves no matter what, but if you give him a champ that can clear quickly he'll run out of camps and then he might actually visit a lane

he's not super patient on his ganks and if he has to run in a straight line to do it he's very likely to just gently caress off to where there is more farm (like the lane on the other side of the map where his laner died and free cs is just running into a tower for some reason)

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Worlds this year is too loving good so far

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Lovechop posted:

peke and soaz didn't die for this...

rhymes with 0 6

poo poo, i forgot about H1-2K

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Firebert posted:

I will be shocked if Blank plays again this tournament

You would think that, but... as someone who has watched SKT all year, this is basically your average Blank game, and he's mostly played over Bengi the whole time.

The problem is that Bengi sinks your p/b because it means you have to ban Nidalee - he doesn't play it. So it sets you back at least one ban. It also may be that Blank is outperforming Bengi in scrims, which is... sad.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Watching some games I missed over the weekend:

1. Trick and Meteos should not be playing Lee Sin. They would be better off playing Sejuani at this point.

2. I think ANX is for real. Like, maybe they only play one teamcomp well, but they played that comp exceptionally well against G2 yesterday.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Oct 3, 2016

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I'm genuinely surprised that c9 beat imay

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

Sexpansion posted:

2. I think ANX is for real. Like, maybe they only play one teamcomp well, but they played that comp exceptionally well against G2 yesterday.

God drat I hope you are right. They are so fun to watch. Also underdogs :getin:

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Eagerly awaiting Huhi's Aurelion Sol skin when CLG wins Worlds

Complete with randomly disappearing/reappearing orbs

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Sexpansion posted:

Watching Poppy wall slam into an Anivia wall yesterday was glorious. Brand support is also baller, and they know how to play it.

I was expecting INTZ to be the potential "IWC finally making it out of groups", but now ANX took that spot.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

YancyQ posted:

Eagerly awaiting Huhi's Aurelion Sol Likkrit's Brand skin when CLG ANX wins Worlds

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
No one being 3-0 is cool and good and I hope we get a wild quarters.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Sexpansion posted:

You would think that, but... as someone who has watched SKT all year, this is basically your average Blank game, and he's mostly played over Bengi the whole time.

The problem is that Bengi sinks your p/b because it means you have to ban Nidalee - he doesn't play it. So it sets you back at least one ban. It also may be that Blank is outperforming Bengi in scrims, which is... sad.

I have no idea how Rush would work into SKT, but they should get him because reasons

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Schnorkles posted:

I have no idea how Rush would work into SKT, but they should get him because reasons

I've actually been thinking about that all morning and I think he would be great on that team.

The dream SKT move is adding Mata and Rush. Mata and kKoma are supposedly good friends...

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Sexpansion posted:

I've actually been thinking about that all morning and I think he would be great on that team.

The dream SKT move is adding Mata and Rush. Mata and kKoma are supposedly good friends...

I think Wolf is quietly very good and it isn't really necessary to replace him unless Bang wants to retire. [I don't think you break up that duo for any reason unless you have to]

Rush on that team would be hilarious and I'd be all over it.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Why are all the pros building Rylai's on Ori after getting the Morellonomicon? I feel like her shockwaves are wet-fart levels of damage if you don't get the Deathcap or Void Staff straight away midgame so why even bother taking her.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Rush on skt for 1 week, kicked for calling khoma a "leetile poo poo"

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

How Rude posted:

Why are all the pros building Rylai's on Ori after getting the Morellonomicon? I feel like her shockwaves are wet-fart levels of damage if you don't get the Deathcap or Void Staff straight away midgame so why even bother taking her.

Everyone thinks Rylai's is broken due to the tankiness and utility so that's probably why. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets nerfed down to 90 or 80 AP at some point soon.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Schnorkles posted:

No one being 3-0 is cool and good and I hope we get a wild quarters.

I have Fri/Sat/Sun tickets for quarters so I am going to be so hype if there are 3 NA teams

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

How Rude posted:

Slow> damage when you actually use teamwork. Also helps low mobility champs not get ganked as easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

Sexpansion posted:

Watching some games I missed over the weekend:

1. Trick and Meteos should not be playing Lee Sin. They would be better off playing Sejuani at this point.

1. I'm constantly surprised that a lot of top teams seem so reluctant to admit that player comfort/skill on a particular champion is a large factor. The quickest examples I can think of are of course Meteos, Froggen on Anivia, and then Huhi on more aggressive lane focused mids. I only really had time to watch NA and a bit of EU this season but I'm sure it happens in other regions as well. While the idea that a pro should be able to play anything is true, it's just a fact that some players are much, much better at some champions, and I don't know that the compositional advantage makes up for the difference.

2. I don't focus on League enough to really suss out what effect putting so much gold into the support costs the team (like, does it delay key power spikes on other champs and how you would play around that) but ANX sure is fun to watch. They really do seem to be able to compete, I'd be curious to see how they do once they hit best of series though. I figure that's where experience and having a good support staff really come into play and I think that might be difficult for ANX to overcome (having no idea what their support staff is like).

• Locked thread