Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I'd think it would be even better if he named it swift. and there was no loving mention of her at all. No Subs or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Just one hidden track at the end of the album of the phone call between her and Kanye

Good Canadian Boy
May 12, 2013

I think swift would be weak. Ye is way above Taylor. No need to mention her in an album title. Lyrics are diff tho

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

The Mash posted:

I hate you guys who are listening to MBDTF for the first time. It's still my favourite album of all time across any genre. Though TLOP is honestly STILL growing even more on me after god knows how many play-throughs. It's messy as gently caress but when it's on, it's so good.

Take off the petty Chris Rock skit and the talkbox solo from Runaway and throw two more songs that are on the same level as everything else on that LP and it'd be an inarguable five star/mic/whatever classic.

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009
It already is that and the distorted autotune part of Runaway ("talkbox solo" lol) is great

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

obliriovrons posted:

It already is that and the distorted autotune part of Runaway ("talkbox solo" lol) is great

It's the best part and the ballet stuff to it was always awesome.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
The Chris rock thing and the track after lost in the world are dumb and should have been replaced with see me now.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Chris Rock thing was hilarious. And was exactly the type of tone Ye wanted for the album.

Find that interview with Pusha when Kanye kept telling he he wanted more and more scumbag out of him on that verse.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I've never been to this part of pussy town before

Skeematic
Jan 18, 2003

Yikes.
For the goons who have gone to any of the TLOP concerts, has there been an opening act? I'm going to the show in Edmonton on October 15, but i can't find any information about openers.

teen bear
Feb 19, 2006

Skeematic posted:

For the goons who have gone to any of the TLOP concerts, has there been an opening act? I'm going to the show in Edmonton on October 15, but i can't find any information about openers.

No and it started about 1.5h after doors

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

teen bear posted:

No and it started about 1.5h after doors

same in DC

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Desiigner can't be trusted to not fall off the stage

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.

Good Canadian Boy posted:

Ye is way above Taylor.

Except he's not cause he still got her name in his mouth. Live in reality, not some projection you're creating of a dude.

Good Canadian Boy
May 12, 2013

I'm speaking musically. Taylor Swifts pop music isn't doing anything different than any other popstar and despite her fame she won't be looked back upon as an influential artist where as Kanye will certainly be. Album names are prominent features of a legacy. Would be weak to make that about highschool drama.

Weebly
May 6, 2007

General Chaos wants you!
College Slice
Trip report: standing in line waiting for kanyes Cleveland show. Am pumped

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/Genius/status/782762614996762624

:ohdear:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
drat, glad everyone's okay

https://twitter.com/itsjoesutton/status/782780211960176644?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

kanye + festivals + nyc just not a good combination for him this year

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Don't think the US could've handled a second Kardashian court case

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
He was killing it too

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
idk why that dude deleted his tweet but here's CNN: http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/02/entertainment/kanye-west-family-emergency/index.html

quote:

(CNN)Rapper Kanye West abruptly left his set early at the Meadows Festival in New York on Sunday night after learning his wife, Kim Kardashian West, was held at gunpoint in her Paris hotel room.

"Kim Kardashian West was held up at gunpoint inside her Paris hotel room this evening, by two armed masked men dressed as police officers. She is badly shaken but physically unharmed," Kim Kardashian West spokesperson Ina Treciokas tells CNN.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Cudi finally lost it

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
holy poo poo

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

So I was at the local record store today, and came across something...interesting, maybe?

It has no marks anywhere on it other than the records themselves being labeled, so the sleeve is just flat black. It says not for sale, promo use only. There's no bar code anywhere. They were charging $14 for it so I picked it up cause what a weird thing to find. Anyone have any idea where it came from?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I was in the crowd at The Meadows tonight. Got to see Kanye perform like half his set before he took off for Paris. It was my first time seeing him, and it was really an incredible experience. I was lucky to even be super close to the stage! there was so much energy and I took a lot of good pictures.

hope everything is okay with him, me and my friends were talking and said that if Kanye lost Kim it would probably be the event horizon for him :(

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
glad to hear everyone's okay, physically at least.

hope he doesn't cancel shows because of this but I'm sure he will.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Vince MechMahon posted:

So I was at the local record store today, and came across something...interesting, maybe?

It has no marks anywhere on it other than the records themselves being labeled, so the sleeve is just flat black. It says not for sale, promo use only. There's no bar code anywhere. They were charging $14 for it so I picked it up cause what a weird thing to find. Anyone have any idea where it came from?

It's probably a promo they would send to radio stations for bumpers for the DJ to talk or scratch over, but maybe not.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

hughesta posted:

glad to hear everyone's okay, physically at least.

hope he doesn't cancel shows because of this but I'm sure he will.

Five men in ski masks tied up, gagged, and held a gun to his wifes head and dumped her in the bath while stealing 14 million dollars of items.

Concerts should be the last thing on his mind and rightly so.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Lid posted:

Five men in ski masks tied up, gagged, and held a gun to his wifes head and dumped her in the bath while stealing 14 million dollars of items.

That's loving crazy. I feel so bad for her having to go through that. That kind of thing will give many people PTSD

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches

Lid posted:

yeah I'm not saying he shouldn't (I think the opposite, actually) and I'm not even going to any shows coming up, just another way of hoping for the best.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

Vince MechMahon posted:

It's an unofficial/bootleg pressing:

https://www.discogs.com/Kanye-West-The-College-Dropout-Instrumentals/release/1716349

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
Memorabilia https://www.grailed.com/listings/1034908-Kanye-West-KANYE-WEST--BLKKK-SKKKN-HEAD--MEMORABILIA--conical-mask-worn-in-2013-music-video

atrus50 fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Oct 11, 2016

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
My buddy just bought 4 tickets for the November 2nd show at the forum in Inglewood. I'm super excited for this.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

Molestationary Store posted:

Take off the petty Chris Rock skit and the talkbox solo from Runaway and throw two more songs that are on the same level as everything else on that LP and it'd be an inarguable five star/mic/whatever classic.

Although I don't think either of those things totally take away from the album (yes the chris rock skit isn't an every time listen but it's a loving classic skit - up there with any other rap skit) It eclipsed Ruff Ryders Volume 1, Thriller and Lord Willin for me as the greatest album i've ever heard. It's ambitious, creative, and feels like an epic story through and through. The accompanying video visuals make the entire thing feel like a movie score.

10/10

TLOP on the other hand, was a little more messy but a solid , yet flawed project that I am 100% sure that Kanye rushed to release. If he had taken a little more time with it, it could have become one of his best works. It does have some REALLY high points, slammed together with some really low points.

7/10

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

not enough Yeezus tracks on the current tour. Would love I Am A God, New Slaves, and/or On Sight.

I forgot my favorite Hold My Liquor

Paperback Writer fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Oct 16, 2016

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
He played I AMA god and and new slaves at meadows. It was sick

Skeematic
Jan 18, 2003

Yikes.

Paperback Writer posted:

not enough Yeezus tracks on the current tour. Would love I Am A God, New Slaves, and/or On Sight.

Same but Late Registration.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Yeezy season is approaching again. I was in the nosebleeds for Pablo in DC and I'm thinking about going back for a better look. Should I go for GA or the first level of seating? Looking at photos it seems like GA is where to party/be seen and the first level of seating is where you get the best view of Ye. Any advice?

Jack Bandit
Feb 6, 2005
Shit, I'm a free man and I haven't had a conjugal visit in six months

Silver Brushes posted:

Yeezy season is approaching again. I was in the nosebleeds for Pablo in DC and I'm thinking about going back for a better look. Should I go for GA or the first level of seating? Looking at photos it seems like GA is where to party/be seen and the first level of seating is where you get the best view of Ye. Any advice?

GA was fantastic. Yeah you can't see him 100% of the time but you are at an arena that feels like a house party. Everyone shifts around with the stage organically. I loved the GA for the Yeezus tour but this was something totally unique that I wouldn't pass up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Come to other countries Ye dangnabbit

• Locked thread