Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
We got an underleveled pubbie to join our raid group and he was actually really cool and good. He was a hunter and kept tethering everything we needed him too.

Great times!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Ularg posted:

What's the best video guide for the raid? So I know what I'm doing (hopefully) when I finally get a chance.

the legend himself's two and three man videos

but really datto probably, he usually does a good job and is clear about stuff

also besides the last boss the mechanics and strategies are pretty simple and can be explained very quickly, it's mostly just about in-fight communication and coordination

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Oct 3, 2016

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

I'm looking to buy Destiny because I recently got a PS4 on the new super sale thing that was going on.

Is it worth me buying Destiny The Collection, or should I just buy up to The Taken King, then buy Rise of Iron later?

I've never played Destiny before so would be starting from scratch and was wondering if I could save money if the RIse of Iron expansion is for higher levels?

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

WMain00 posted:

I'm looking to buy Destiny because I recently got a PS4 on the new super sale thing that was going on.

Is it worth me buying Destiny The Collection, or should I just buy up to The Taken King, then buy Rise of Iron later?

I've never played Destiny before so would be starting from scratch and was wondering if I could save money if the RIse of Iron expansion is for higher levels?

Just buy the whole thing, because it won't take you long to get all the way through TTK (arguably the best expansion), and you'll want RoI to scratch the Destiny itch until 2 comes out.

Also, RoI raids will be 10x easier to find than TTK raids.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Ularg posted:

What's the best video guide for the raid? So I know what I'm doing (hopefully) when I finally get a chance.

Datto probably

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Sorry I missed the tourney. Baseball happened.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Strawberry Panda posted:

We got an underleveled pubbie to join our raid group and he was actually really cool and good. He was a hunter and kept tethering everything we needed him too.

Great times!

Tether is gamechanging, really. Like a better version of titan weapons buff bubble. On top of that they can turn invisible to do some revive in a exposed place.

- - -

Comment piece:

In a way, Memory of Skorri function like Memory of Felwinter, because you "save" your super, and don't use it, where you normally would spam it. And because you are not using your super, you are not generating some extra orbs. So is somewhat a double edge sword. Is not a obvious good has most people seems to believe, it have downsides to it.

But it make your character sparkle, and thats always awesome. ...

(imagine the cat is a sparrow)

Tei fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Oct 3, 2016

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Not all. You're killing non crit shanks and insta killing captains sooooooooo.......

Yeah that's what I figured. Still seems fun for everything else though!

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

Tei posted:

In a way, Memory of Skorri function like Memory of Felwinter, because you "save" your super, and don't use it, where you normally would spam it. And because you are not using your super, you are not generating some extra orbs. So is somewhat a double edge sword. Is not a obvious good has most people seems to believe, it have downsides to it.
Supers are conditional on using them when they are useful, so sometimes there's downtime when you have a super but haven't had a need to use it yet. BUT some other team members might've had a reason to use theirs so they are getting a refresh from your super being ready but unused. So yes, you get less orbs, but you are still helping your teammates get their super back faster. And you don't spam the super when there's nothing useful to hit with it. So I think it's a wash and you're doing as much as long as most people are using it in the fireteam.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Destiny 3: imagine the cat is a sparrow

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

minusX posted:

Supers are conditional on using them when they are useful, so sometimes there's downtime when you have a super but haven't had a need to use it yet. BUT some other team members might've had a reason to use theirs so they are getting a refresh from your super being ready but unused. So yes, you get less orbs, but you are still helping your teammates get their super back faster. And you don't spam the super when there's nothing useful to hit with it. So I think it's a wash and you're doing as much as long as most people are using it in the fireteam.

Yeah, nothing about Skorri makes me want to not use my Super. As a Nightstalker, it only furthers my support role so that as I wait to Blood Bound a mob or Quiver some scrubs, I'm still giving my team their supers. I can get mine back and start recharging my team again after I give them some orbs so they can give me some orbs. I get what he's saying but a good player knows the best way to get a super is to use a super.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I was using Skorri for one of my flawless runs. When I'm bladedancing, I typically hang on to my super anyway. It wasn't uncommon for both of my teammates to get 3 supers in one game. Multiple stormtrances and fists of havoc were great on this week's map.

Pinely
Jul 23, 2013
College Slice
It's a solid artifact all around because the game has a lot of sequences where supers aren't that useful.

It also might encourage some people to hold their super in PvP instead of instantly burning it on a sole person.

Then again there are already a lot of scrubs that don't use their super once in a strike and it def could encourage that kind of idiocy.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I hate those scrubs

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

FishBulb posted:

Explain the Scout. I really like the scope. Good in pvp or PVE?

I've had a lot of success with the scout in PvP. Archetype is terrible but the scope is wonderful and it's got all the bells a and whistles.

The way the gun is perked and the way the base stats work it's basically a god roll Dis-43 (so lots of range and stability) that also has counterbalance, snapshot, target highlighting, 3rd eye, explosive rounds (if you want, I don't use them) and better reload/handling.

I used it to kill the 82nd ranked xbox player in ToO last night in a straight 1v1 with his pulse. :grin: (they still dropped the hot 5-0 on us because all strikers with lightening nades is op on that dumb map)

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

el B posted:

I was using Skorri for one of my flawless runs. When I'm bladedancing, I typically hang on to my super anyway. It wasn't uncommon for both of my teammates to get 3 supers in one game. Multiple stormtrances and fists of havoc were great on this week's map.

This is the key. If you're running a shutdown super especially, Skorri is great.

Also I switched off storm and onto void for this map once the games got sweaty, the layout is conducive to using it both offensively or as a shutdown.

This map is not good imho.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Counterpoint: I went flawless on the map day 1 ergo it's a great map

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Based on the slack jawed idiots fronting a flawless emblem and getting crushed in crucible yesterday, literally everyone that bought a ticket got to the lighthouse this weekend.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

xzzy posted:

Based on the slack jawed idiots fronting a flawless emblem and getting crushed in crucible yesterday, literally everyone that bought a ticket got to the lighthouse this weekend.

Should have bought a ticket then

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

But trials is dumb and stupid.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

xzzy posted:

:smith:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Counterpoint: I went flawless on the map day 1 ergo it's a great map

Can't really argue with this but maybe entertain the thought that your immense skill transcended the map?

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Yeah I've been eating dudes alive with flawless emblems, too bad I'm still LL 355 so I missed on the easy Trials week

Wasn't too interested on being chewed up by 385 dudes

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

deadwing posted:

Yeah I've been eating dudes alive with flawless emblems, too bad I'm still LL 355 so I missed on the easy Trials week

Wasn't too interested on being chewed up by 385 dudes

uh the 385 dudes were PvE tryhard shitlords repping raid gear that have no business playing competitive game modes. The high 350's, low 360's with short gamer tags and sporting poo poo like Jade Rabbit banners are the ones you gotta watch out for.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Yeah I just checked my friends list and it looks like if you're flawless/scarab it's time to revert to your low-key emblem of choice.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
I went to the lighthouse but I got carried, I don't care about lovely emblems I just wanted 2 cracks at getting that pulse rifle. I'm gonna find some tryhard to carry me every weekend until I'm either good at trials or I get that gun (neither thing will happen).

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Yeah I just checked my friends list and it looks like if you're flawless/scarab it's time to revert to your low-key emblem of choice.

Yeah we started running Vigilamus Noctu as our emblems.

el B fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Oct 3, 2016

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

el B posted:

Yeah we started running Vigilamus Noctu as our emblems.

I run the very first class respective emblem you get when you start a new character. :v:

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

lol if you don't rep rune of the machine

electric skellington for life

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Shield of Legends or you're a scrub.

(technically shield of mythics is even better but I don't have that one so I exclude it from consideration)

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I run the very first class respective emblem you get when you start a new character. :v:
Trials emblems mean poo poo to me but I've long been weary of basic emblems with a high Light. If they're also wearing some asinine peacock of a shader, I can expect doom.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

xzzy posted:

Shield of Legends or you're a scrub.

(technically shield of mythics is even better but I don't have that one so I exclude it from consideration)

Nothing technical about it :smugdog:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
although i do have to laugh at xzzy's post because right now Trials is basically this

haha you poo poo heel carried scrubs

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hope they have something cool planned for Iron Banner seeing as how this is the Lords of Iron expansion and all

Probably not though :v:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

the good fax machine posted:

I hope they have something cool planned for Iron Banner seeing as how this is the Lords of Iron expansion and all

Probably not though :v:

Yeah it's called supremacy!!!1

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!

Tei posted:

The other downside is this raid does a pretty good job of keeping you spread out so most of the time your only giving the buff to one or maybe two other players. It would have been much better in a raid like Kings Fall, which has a few group up and dps of the boss phases. In general seems most useful for solar warlocks and maybe void hunters.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
They really need to include a better way to use marks

Planetary mats are a dumb waste

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

I've been dumping mine to mats then mats to faction rep :shrug:

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I've been repping the beta test emblem because it hides how much of a newb I am.

I have a quest to kill yellow-bars on the dreadnaught without dying, is there a good place like there is with centurions that I can plink them away with relative ease? I know there's a big random event that happens at the hull breach but it's a lot of chaos and I usually die before hitting 10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

AAB posted:

I've been dumping mine to mats then mats to faction rep :shrug:

It's worth so little rep. Like not even a full rank up for 200 marks. It's poo poo.

• Locked thread