Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Empress Brosephine posted:

buy blisterblock and wear whatever you want thats my disney pro tip also another pro tip is buying food off of amazon and having it delivered to your room.

Yeah, I've done blister block, I've used stick deodorant, I've used spray deodorant and I still get blisters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

The discount is live. There are two actually, the Gift of Family Magic is good for most Sunday through Thursday nights, from January 2 through February 16 and February 20 through April 6, 2017.

Then there's Stay Play Dine, good for most nights Jan 1 - Mar 7.

Both exclude Little Mermaid rooms but SPD also excludes POFQ. As of 5 am, almost every Deluxe room is gone.

All you POFQ folks, bear with me. There's a glitch and it is not available for the discount online so I have to call in. Called right as the call center opened and I'm told the wait is longer than 2 hrs already.

90 min on hold so far. :negative:

Braksgirl fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Oct 3, 2016

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

A lot of you will get updated confirmations today!

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

Braksgirl posted:

A lot of you will get updated confirmations today!

Yes, yes we will.

Thank you!!

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Braksgirl posted:

You'll have to call in. I'm really bad with the username/real name connection, but if you've booked with me, I will add it on for you. If you've booked yourself, you'll have to call in.

By the way, Magic Kingdom is 45 years old today.

I booked myself. I was actually able to go online and modify my reservation and change the promotion, it was surprisingly pretty easy.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

The Muppet Mobile Lab is coming back to Epcot! Hasn't been there since like 2007, but I remember how awesome it was.

(Video)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpQG6ZYpp0s

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Lincoln posted:

I think I said something like that in the OP, but I'm phone posting so I can't really check. Speaking of which, that thing is probably due for a refresh. Anybody notice any glaring omissions or out-of-date factual errors? If so, mention it & I'll work on the OP this week some time.
Making my quarterly suggestion to change the thread title, since the majority of the posting isn't by or for first-timers.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

WhiteHowler posted:

Making my quarterly suggestion to change the thread title, since the majority of the posting isn't by or for first-timers.

I was going to suggest this as well, something like "Walt Disney World for infinitysymbol-timers"

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Thread title suggestion: Disney World Vacationing - Dehumanize yourself and face to Mouse

I could write up something for FP+, but if I'm being honest, I feel like the OP is probably already too long. Offering suggestions where no one asked, some of the history could be cut, some of the minute details about the hotels is a bit unnecessary. The transit section starts out with the TTC, which isn't necessarily the most accurate representation of getting around the World, especially if you stay on property like this thread recommends. The basic information about the parks could probably be safely edited down to just the "here's the theme, here are good attractions" basics.

Speaking of, the park write ups for the three that aren't MK could use a re-draft, as they have all experienced changes that materially affect touring since the OP was written. AK is on the verge of more.

I'd be happy to take a stab at a large scale edit/re-write, if Lincoln doesn't mind. I don't want to step on anyone's toes. :shobon:

Boxman fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Oct 3, 2016

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ask braksgirl to use her little guide she gives in the packets when you book through her and post those in op

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

ask braksgirl to use her little guide she gives in the packets when you book through her and post those in op

My guide is probably not as comprehensive as it needs to be for the purposes of this thread, but that's a nice thought!

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Well, some of you I've been working with did get the discount and I was waiting all day yesterday for Disney to send me updated confirmations...and they never did. So I'm getting pdf copies of your reservations for you to see your new totals.

Some of the confirmations I did get so I sent those when I got them. But I'll be sending out more this morning.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Just got my savings confirmation!! Thanks so much Braksgirl!

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Well this storm is looking a bit scary. My wife has to work during the expected worst time and we have friends coming for the weekend with tickets for Friday's Not So Scary party, really sucks for them.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

My friend from Boston was due to arrive at Disney on Wednesday and they just cancelled. It's supposed to be pretty bad.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Any idea if special event tickets get refunded if there's a weather cancellation? I assume so.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

I'm 99% certain if Disney cancels the event you get refunded.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

At 4pm the Trader Sams in WDW is selling the awesome Haunted Mansion tiki mug and if someone can hook it up, I'd be mighty grateful!

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
Man, be careful WDW people. How fast does it take for them to batten down the hatches with a 2-3 day notice like this?

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
http://www.themeparktourist.com/news/20150826/30511/5-things-happen-when-hurricane-heads-walt-disney-world

quote:

Hurricane Charlie closed all four Walt Disney World parks for 2 days as well in 2004 (after closing early in preparation for the storm). Unlike Floyd, this storm actually did hit Walt Disney World, but damage was minimal, and there were no guest injuries.

Charley was a direct hit on central Florida. So far Matthew looks to be a glancing blow.

Zero One fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Oct 5, 2016

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
At this point the projections keep changing. It could hit us really bad, or could be more of a costal thing. either way it's going to be reallly goddamn rainy for the next few days if anyone is here.

nbakyfan
Dec 19, 2005
All the local publixs and targets are low on water. They are evacuating Fort Wilderness, but that should be the only resort affected. I can say that a lot of back stage cast members are prepping for the storm and I'm probably going to work from home Friday. It should be interesting.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

nbakyfan posted:

All the local publixs and targets are low on water. They are evacuating Fort Wilderness, but that should be the only resort affected. I can say that a lot of back stage cast members are prepping for the storm and I'm probably going to work from home Friday. It should be interesting.

I'm in DeBary about 25 mins east of Disney and all the local publix/winn dixie/wal mart/sams club/target are OUT of water lol

I managed to grab a couple cases at a 7-11 this morning that still had gas AND water.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
I assume its nigh on impossible to get one of the hitchhiking ghost tiki mugs

cause those are dope

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I hope that's not the case because I was really hoping to grab one when we are there at the end of the month.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
Today is 30 days before nine days for food and wine, general Disney stuff, and my first visit to Universal. My body is ready. I'm taking 3 days at Epcot and I'm buying one of every food that's not disgusting.

Super bummed we never got the premium seating area, though...

nbakyfan
Dec 19, 2005
Blizzard Beach is closed tomorrow ahead of the hurricane.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Just got a phone alert that we're officially under a hurricane watch, which will likely change to warning by tomorrow with the updated track having the storm making landfall about 60 miles east of Disney. My wife is supposed to work at 4 am Friday, which I suspect will change.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wasx in Orlando / Port charlotte for Charlie and it wasn't fun. Good luck florida bros

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

couldcareless posted:

I hope that's not the case because I was really hoping to grab one when we are there at the end of the month.

Good luck.

They are only selling 200 per day, and word is they only have 2000 to sell. That's ten days worth of mugs, day three is tomorrow.

Only one per person or I'd nab some for the goons.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Ain't that some poo poo. Supposedly Halloween party tonight has been canceled.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

couldcareless posted:

Ain't that some poo poo. Supposedly Halloween party tonight has been canceled.

I don't know if you've heard, but there is a rather large hurricane about to rip through the eastern/central parts of Florida, with the worst of it expected to start around 8pm tonight :)

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I know there was some one in here asking about Disney possibly canceling it or not, just relaying the message. And I am from New Orleans, you don't need to tell me twice about hurricanes.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

couldcareless posted:

I know there was some one in here asking about Disney possibly canceling it or not, just relaying the message. And I am from New Orleans, you don't need to tell me twice about hurricanes.

Ah no worries. *high five* hurricane bro

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I wasx in Orlando / Port charlotte for Charlie and it wasn't fun. Good luck florida bros

At least for Orlando, it doesn't look like a Charley repeat. Charley was so awful because it made landfall south of Tampa and then just mosied its way on up the I-4 corridor, blowing apart everything in Central Florida. Matthew is currently predicted to skirt along the east coast, wrecking poo poo from Miami up to St. Augustine but the Disney area is on the edge of it. Unless it suddenly makes a hard left turn and decides to pay Mickey a visit, you're pretty safe unless you're on the coast (in which case Jesus Christ evacuate before you end up underwater).

Leelee
Jul 31, 2012

Syntax Error
I feel like I asked this last time too, but the yellow luggage tags if you are using the magical express- when do those usually arrive? I am 20 days out, and my dad booked the trip thru his travel agent.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

Leelee posted:

I feel like I asked this last time too, but the yellow luggage tags if you are using the magical express- when do those usually arrive? I am 20 days out, and my dad booked the trip thru his travel agent.

Might want to give that travel agent a ring to make sure it's booked. 20 days is cutting it close.

Leelee
Jul 31, 2012

Syntax Error

nimper posted:

Might want to give that travel agent a ring to make sure it's booked. 20 days is cutting it close.

It's definitely booked- I can see the reservation on mydisneyexperience.com, and we got our magic bands- just don't have the "magical extras" yet.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I'd definitely bump the travel agent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

Leelee posted:

It's definitely booked- I can see the reservation on mydisneyexperience.com, and we got our magic bands- just don't have the "magical extras" yet.

Sure, but Magical Express information does not show up on that website.