Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Working on top-down vehicle controls today. Obvious observation: holy freaking crap is vector math ever weird and counter-intuitive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

leper khan posted:

Coherent art direction is really important to the public and lack of it is a sign of amateur hour garbage. Saying this as a non-art programming person.

SupSuper posted:

This might help: http://www.pixelprospector.com/the-big-list-of-indie-game-marketing/

His games seem kinda niche so I'd suggest finding his target audience and specifically appealing to it. Find communities, reviewers, youtubers, etc into that specific genre and reach out to them.

I'd really recommend cleaning up the art though because first impressions are everything. I look at the store page and get confronted by screenshots like this and ow my eyes. It's fine if that's just how he draws, he just needs to tone it down, because that's an unreadable visual clusterfuck. Learn about contrast and readability. Less is more.

FuzzySlippers posted:

Those covers are pretty terrible. Making all the art better is a pretty tall order but I bet it wouldn't be that expensive to find someone on the net to make a less dreadful cover if that's not his bag. Looking at it I'd just click on the next game without paying attention as it makes me think of low effort RPG maker anime things and presumably I'm fairly close to the niche he is targeting (old rpg fan).

I kinda feel like a decently professional cover is like minimum for Steam marketing right?

He is thankful for the advice, though he says that unfortunately he is already aware of those criticisms and that he can't afford to pay an artist and that that marketing guide is outdated, but that he still appreciates the effort. I'm sorry for wasting your time :(

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

GlyphGryph posted:

Just walk around for wild encounters.

Oh right! I was clicking on "move up" and "move down" and nothing was happening! I moved around and leveled up! "Doom" seemed to not work. I like how trippy all the sprites are. Good job for getting it done, I look forward to seeing where you go with it!

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Tann posted:

Oh right! I was clicking on "move up" and "move down" and nothing was happening! I moved around and leveled up! "Doom" seemed to not work. I like how trippy all the sprites are. Good job for getting it done, I look forward to seeing where you go with it!

Thanks. The Move Up/Move Down thing is to reorder members of your team - probably should remove those when you've only got one guy!

I like how the sprites have been coming out too. This dude is my favorite (credit to thehoax, who helped me out here since I was running low on time)

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Omi no Kami posted:

Working on top-down vehicle controls today. Obvious observation: holy freaking crap is vector math ever weird and counter-intuitive.

It helps a lot to draw out the vectors out on paper.

Remember that adding vectors together you get the resulting vector by drawing the second vector at the end of the first, and subtracting is the same, except a vector in the opposite direction. Most of the 3D concepts generalize into 2D too.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
Game's coming along, decided to make a couple more maps to make screencaps of new features more interesting:

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

Noyemi K posted:

Game's coming along, decided to make a couple more maps to make screencaps of new features more interesting:

That is a really nice palette and I saw the guns posted in the pixel art thread and they are incredible

I'm currently making games within a game for Weirder Stuff at the moment, hopefully I cant get it done in time

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Aw, was hoping you would put Brongus in the trash.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
I'm mostly taking a break this weekend, but I made one incredibly important addition to my prototype.

It now only lists players that are actually online. No more sending challenges to players who stopped playing hours ago!
https://whispering-mountain-88337.herokuapp.com/

(I also fixed Doom not working, Tann)

I would really appreciate some feedback, and the most important piece is this:

Do people think it's worth pursuing? Could you see yourself playing, even paying for, a game like this, that worked fundamentally the way you see here? (But with a nice campaign and territory control multiplayer)

I've got plenty of other game idea I'd love to pursue. I'm happy with how far I've gotten here in personal terms, and now I need to seriously consider taking the time (several years of work properly) I would need to turn this into a real, actual game - or if I should clean up what I've got and call it a job well done.

GlyphGryph fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Oct 2, 2016

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
Thanks to whoever in this thread recommended Game Programming Patterns, it has made my train rides to campus much more enlightening than usual.

anothergod
Apr 11, 2016

KRILLIN IN THE NAME posted:

That is a really nice palette and I saw the guns posted in the pixel art thread and they are incredible

I'm currently making games within a game for Weirder Stuff at the moment, hopefully I cant get it done in time

Dude how are you getting that effect in Fusion?

Anyways, good luck to you. I worked all day. I'm gonna wake up see what I can make for Weirder Stuff tomorrow.

AntiPseudonym
Apr 1, 2007
I EAT BABIES

:dukedog:

Omi no Kami posted:

What parts of it are you having difficulty with?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
The first footage of Fusion 3 has been released.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JHPgaS83QI

Supposedly, they've spent the last four years working on the runtime engine itself, and have only recently started on the actual editor (which runs in the same runtime as games), so they primarily show a couple of new features like isometric pseudo-3D stuff.

Honestly, though, I'm not interested until they can show things like "reusing events across multiple frames/levels without copy-pasting them to every level every time you make a change", or "having modern gamepad support without utilising horrifying witchcraft that completely works around the engine's input system".

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

AntiPseudonym posted:

What parts of it are you having difficulty with?

Nothing completely unsolvable, but I find it really difficult to mentally parse how vectors will interact without seeing it happen. Case in point, I was doing a thing earlier where I had a function that expected to manipulate a 3d vector in a certain way, and I needed to rewrite it to do the same thing from a top-down perspective. That required me to figure out how the original function was oriented, and provide it a new orientation. Neither thing is that tough, but I ended up just spending 2-3 minutes trying every combination of vector.up/down/left/right for each argument until I tripped over the combination that produced the desired movement.

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

anothergod posted:

Dude how are you getting that effect in Fusion?

Anyways, good luck to you. I worked all day. I'm gonna wake up see what I can make for Weirder Stuff tomorrow.

I'm using the CRT shader for the frame from the Looki mega shader pack (free on the clickstore but you gotta make an account and add the $0 item to cart)

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
So after a long time of really not being in a good place to try to work on games, I'm back to doing little game dev projects when I'm not at my day job. Currently I'm trying to do a Star Fox-ish shooter in Unity 5 only with it being more like a late 50s/early 60s b-movie where you're fighting alien invaders in period-accurate jets. I've got a very rough implementation of a system that moves the camera through waypoints, and keeps the plane from leaving the screen (gif below)

The problem is I'm already obsessing over the problem of how to do landscapes. I don't really know what the limitations of how big I could make the "terrain" is, or how to optimize performance in that way. Obviously the optimization part is something I should worry about later, but I'm still thinking of it now. Does anybody have any experience dealing with large areas/worlds/terrains in Unity, or knows of tutorials that might shine some light on what limitations or tricks I should worry about?

Hideous
Jul 28, 2015

I'm making some mockups for GBJam since I can't code for jack. This is for an imagined noir adventure game!

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Angry_Ed posted:

So after a long time of really not being in a good place to try to work on games, I'm back to doing little game dev projects when I'm not at my day job. Currently I'm trying to do a Star Fox-ish shooter in Unity 5 only with it being more like a late 50s/early 60s b-movie where you're fighting alien invaders in period-accurate jets. I've got a very rough implementation of a system that moves the camera through waypoints, and keeps the plane from leaving the screen (gif below)

The problem is I'm already obsessing over the problem of how to do landscapes. I don't really know what the limitations of how big I could make the "terrain" is, or how to optimize performance in that way. Obviously the optimization part is something I should worry about later, but I'm still thinking of it now. Does anybody have any experience dealing with large areas/worlds/terrains in Unity, or knows of tutorials that might shine some light on what limitations or tricks I should worry about?

I don't (yet) have experience doing it the technically correct way, but the place I'd start is looking at how Level of Detail meshes work in Unity (particularly their terrain system if you're planning to use that). You can make some really huge spaces if the distance detail is simple.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I wasn't planning on using their terrain system since I'm aiming for a low-poly flat-shaded look, but the LOD mesh stuff could definitely be helpful.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
So I've been doing some experimenting with Unity, I'm trying to setup a 2D pixel/particle based destructable terrain test (think Worms, or Cortex Command). At the moment I have each "Pixel" a 2x2 square, and I'm currently reading an enormous xml file to load the level. I realize there's probably a much smaller storage format for that but that's not really the issue at the moment.

My issue is with Unity iseach of those pixels have a small box collider, since I'm loading something like 300,000 pixels, that's a lot of colliders. When I actually test it, it runs understandably slow. So I'm trying to think of another solution. There's probably a way I can dynamically generate the collider, and update it whenever there's a change to it. I'm kind of following a Java based guide here: https://gamedevelopment.tutsplus.com/tutorials/coding-destructible-pixel-terrain-how-to-make-everything-explode--gamedev-45 (Since it's all I could find).

Has anyone had any experience setting something like this up?

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

DarkAvenger211 posted:

So I've been doing some experimenting with Unity, I'm trying to setup a 2D pixel/particle based destructable terrain test (think Worms, or Cortex Command). At the moment I have each "Pixel" a 2x2 square, and I'm currently reading an enormous xml file to load the level. I realize there's probably a much smaller storage format for that but that's not really the issue at the moment.

My issue is with Unity iseach of those pixels have a small box collider, since I'm loading something like 300,000 pixels, that's a lot of colliders. When I actually test it, it runs understandably slow. So I'm trying to think of another solution. There's probably a way I can dynamically generate the collider, and update it whenever there's a change to it. I'm kind of following a Java based guide here: https://gamedevelopment.tutsplus.com/tutorials/coding-destructible-pixel-terrain-how-to-make-everything-explode--gamedev-45 (Since it's all I could find).

If I was doing a worms thing, I'd set up a mask for nondestructed terrain, and then either work on that directly or walk around it to generate a collision solid.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

DarkAvenger211 posted:

I haven't done this myself, but it seems more like you'd benefit from not using colliders and instead make the terrain a big lookup table. Instead of saying "do I hit any of these 300,000 objects" your renderer and objects can look up a bunch of x/y coordinates in the table to see if they're occupied or not. That avoids a few thousand update calls every frame as well, easily.

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

All right, it's a mess of half-implemented systems, untuned values, and programmer art, but I think my game has enough in place that it's ready for people to try it out. I'm tentatively naming it Windraiders.

https://fat.gfycat.com/DelightfulAlertKoalabear.webm

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zmmrldnoggqehd5/Windraiders%2010-2-2016.zip?dl=0

I'll have an intro tutorial at some point, but for now, the basics are:
- The blue box in front of you is your ship's controls. Fly your ship around and shoot other ships. When they blow up, pull up next to them to loot them.
- Dock at a programmer-art floating cube thing and interact with the colored boxes to sell loot, hire crew, craft stuff, and start missions. These are going to be NPCs eventually.
- Gain fame to unlock blueprints for better guns, ships, etc. Running missions is the fastest way to do this at the moment.

You can view/change the controls in the settings menu (hit esc) and you can view the world map in the captain's cabin, underneath the ship controls. One important button: F1 commands your crew to fly your ship to whatever you're aiming at, like looting a disabled enemy, docking, or boarding a ship.

There's lots more I could explain and a bunch of complicated menus and whatnot, but I'm curious how intuitive it all is, so I'd rather answer questions as they come.

I'm hoping for feedback on what doesn't feel good, what's confusing, what the game could use more of, any bugs you can find, whether the game works at all or runs like crap on your computer, and that sort of thing.

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

I submitted it with roughly 5 minutes left on the clock (my shortest yet) and I've done practically no testing but I've finally finished my Weirder Stuff jam entry.

here is my Baby PC

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.

DarkAvenger211 posted:

I'd just use a Read/Write texture and do all the terrain handling at the pixel level.

There's probably more modern approaches like deformable polygons or composite geometry but I dunno how they work.

Surprise T Rex
Apr 9, 2008

Dinosaur Gum
GBJam going okay, learning Love2D in the process.

munce
Oct 23, 2010

DarkAvenger211 posted:

Use a picture as the collision mask, and have a separate graphical layer for display. To detect collisions check your colliding object's pixel location with the corresponding mask position. For speed load the picture into a texture or array. To blast holes in the terrain just set appropriate pixels in the mask to 0. Testing levels is really quick when you can draw them up in mspaint.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.

Triarii posted:

All right, it's a mess of half-implemented systems, untuned values, and programmer art, but I think my game has enough in place that it's ready for people to try it out. I'm tentatively naming it Windraiders.

You can view/change the controls in the settings menu (hit esc) and you can view the world map in the captain's cabin, underneath the ship controls. One important button: F1 commands your crew to fly your ship to whatever you're aiming at, like looting a disabled enemy, docking, or boarding a ship.

There's lots more I could explain and a bunch of complicated menus and whatnot, but I'm curious how intuitive it all is, so I'd rather answer questions as they come.

I'm hoping for feedback on what doesn't feel good, what's confusing, what the game could use more of, any bugs you can find, whether the game works at all or runs like crap on your computer, and that sort of thing.

Gave this a try. It's a lot of fun with what you have so far. Plays like a cross between the ship bits of Assassin's Creed IV and your standard spaceship sandbox type game.

Random thoughts/minor annoyances:
-Having to go into the cabin to access map/inventory/etc: On one hand this really pushes the idea of this being an actual ship to run around on and do stuff on, on the other hand I'd like to be able to just hit 'M' to see where I am and navigate.
-Ship throttle: I think this is too sensitive. It's tough to get it to zero for instance. Either a fixed set of a few speeds or a more sticky 0 throttle would be nice.
-Related to throttle somewhat: I feel like the ships are too agile, they feel fairly weightless. It'd be nice if they had a bit more heft and presence to them as you maneuver.
-Ramming should totally be a thing (sorry if you already have an eventual blueprint upgrade for this).
-Get some sounds in! I really want/need to hear cannons firing and the roar of airplanes making that gunning pass on me

Edit:
-Discovered the brake key, throttle much less annoying now, but still think 0 should be a bit sticky
-Gatling guns seem just a bit OP
-Had to start listening to this playlist: https://play.spotify.com/album/2lMgz2BBwwzkc9ZfNB9zYi

Amstrad fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Oct 3, 2016

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
Thanks for all the suggestions guys, I'll take a look into some and give em a try.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax

Triarii posted:

This is reaalllyy gooooooooood! Even the fairly simple environment you have right now gave me huge amounts of nostalgia for Skies of Arcadia and both the ship combat and the grappling feel great.

Things that felt bad: Attacking and dodging, though they seem very placeholdey (moreso than everything is placeholdey) so presumably they'll feel better once they have proper animations. The dodge could definitely use more distance though. The red "You're about to get attacked!" crosshairs were neat, they make me think you should put in Revengeance-style parrying.

Additionally, I couldn't figure out how to get my soldiers to attack an enemy ship. They'd board it and stand around getting killed.

Oh, and it runs fine on a 750 Ti (and an i5-6600K, though if it ran poorly on that you'd probably have noticed on your own computer).

HMS Boromir fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Oct 3, 2016

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Hideous posted:

I'm making some mockups for GBJam since I can't code for jack. This is for an imagined noir adventure game!

I feel like he has some important information to share but might also be a trap.

Cirrial
Oct 24, 2012
As someone currently planning to pick up a new dayjob, but incredibly, incredibly afraid I won't have time to do game development in my spare time, how many people here are doing this as a side thing? Or even as their day job? I dunno if this is a good question to ask or not, but I'm kinda curious.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Here's a list of places with free resources. This is more for myself to keep track of since a bookmarks folder isn't cutting it any more, but I would also like feedback on these and examples of others of any size or quality.

Textures

https://textures.com
A free account can download 15 per day. A paid subscription can get far more and at much higher resolution, but it's still not unlimited.
License: "Our images may be used for many different purposes, such as game development".

https://opengameart.org 1,645 textures.
License: Various.

http://www.blendswap.com/ 649 textures, 950 materials, 116 looping patterns.
Blender Focused. A free account is allowed 20 downloads per month.
License: CC-*.

Music

http://www.zapsplat.com/ 34 songs
License: Royalty Free

https://opengameart.org 2,730 songs.

http://www.soundjay.com/
License: Royalty free

Sound Effects

http://www.stillnorthmedia.com
These guys kickstarted two sound effects libraries. Tons of high quality real gun and medieval weaponry sound effects. Real also means that the guns go 'pap pap' instead of 'band bang'.
License: Not sure what you would call it.

http://www.zapsplat.com/ 10,379 sound effects
License: "Our sound effects can be used in almost any project be it non-commercial, commercial and even for broadcast. "

https://www.freesound.org
License: Creative Commons

http://soundbible.com/royalty-free-sounds-1.html 1,550 sounds
License: Creative Commons and Public Domain

https://www.partnersinrhyme.com
License: Royalty free and Public Domain

http://www.soundjay.com/
License: Royalty free

https://opengameart.org 825 files.
Many contain several sound effects.

3D Models

http://www.blendswap.com/ 17,163 minus a couple thousand, give or take.
Blender Focused. A free account is allowed 20 downloads per month.
License: CC-*.

https://opengameart.org 2,257 models.

https://turbosquid.com 656,926 total. 22,468 free.
See also https://www.pixelsquid.com/ for stock images.
License: "Royalty Free License"

http://tf3dm.com/ 15,463 free
I like this one.
Licence: Various

http://www.3dxtras.com/ 10,278 free
License: "not copyrighted unless stated. You are free to use these models in your projects to generate games"

http://www.thingiverse.com/ ???
3D Printing focused.
License: generally Creative Commons

https://pinshape.com 20,126
3D Printing focused.
Licence: CC

http://www.123dapp.com/ 555,664
3D Photographs, licensed characters, you name it.
License: generally Creative Commons-non commercial

https://cults3d.com ???
Generally free, quality models that are intended for 3D Printing but many could have use in games

https://yeggi.com 1,011,883 (!)
Serves as an aggregate and search engine for other model sites, so you will need to click to see if there is still a valid download or what the license is. The site acts like it's 3D printing focused but the model selection is all over the place.
Licence: Various

https://www.yobi3d.com ???
Serves as an aggregate and search engine for other model sites, so you will need to click to see if there is still a valid download or what the license is.
License: Various

http://3dsha.re/browse/ 1,820 free
All over the place in terms of quality.

http://www.top3d.net/ 108 free

http://www.3dmodels-textures.com/3dmodels 0 free.

http://makerlove.com/Free-3D-Sex-Toys/index.html 16
lol
License: Public Domain

Honorable Mentions:

https://sketchfab.com/ ???
This site has so many models but not many can actually be downloaded for use. Lacking in advanced search tools, so kind of frustrating if you're looking for something in particular.
License: Various. Often none.

Character sprite sheet generators intended for RPG maker:
http://charas-project.net/charas2/
http://gaurav.munjal.us/Universal-LPC-Spritesheet-Character-Generator/
http://www.rpgmakercentral.com/topic/2213-a-slightly-prettier-character-generator/
http://opengameart.org/forumtopic/sprite-creator-3-finished-xp-vx
There are a lot of these out there.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

While working on a walljump today I...had a problem...

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Can I buy you a rootbeer?

Shoehead posted:

While working on a walljump today I...had a problem...
Ghost wall jumping. Make it an unlockable ability. Fixed!

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

Amstrad posted:

-Having to go into the cabin to access map/inventory/etc: On one hand this really pushes the idea of this being an actual ship to run around on and do stuff on, on the other hand I'd like to be able to just hit 'M' to see where I am and navigate.
-Ship throttle: I think this is too sensitive. It's tough to get it to zero for instance. Either a fixed set of a few speeds or a more sticky 0 throttle would be nice.
-Related to throttle somewhat: I feel like the ships are too agile, they feel fairly weightless. It'd be nice if they had a bit more heft and presence to them as you maneuver.
-Ramming should totally be a thing (sorry if you already have an eventual blueprint upgrade for this).
-Get some sounds in! I really want/need to hear cannons firing and the roar of airplanes making that gunning pass on me

- Concerns about sacrificing too much convenience for immersion are legit, but did you notice the "hold E to enter cabin" prompt when piloting? It warps you straight in front of the map object. I was hoping that would be a decent compromise.
- I could make it stick for a moment as you pass 0, sure.
- Ships naturally get slower as they get bigger, so I sort of felt like I had to start at a quite zippy speed early on so that the later ships weren't insufferably slow. I'll keep tuning that.
- I do have ramming damage implemented, but it deals barely any damage right now. I'll be tuning that to a value that feels better, and adding a craftable battering ram you can put on the front of your ship that multiplies it do even more damage.
- Yeah, no kidding.

HMS Boromir posted:

Things that felt bad: Attacking and dodging, though they seem very placeholdey (moreso than everything is placeholdey) so presumably they'll feel better once they have proper animations. The dodge could definitely use more distance though. The red "You're about to get attacked!" crosshairs were neat, they make me think you should put in Revengeance-style parrying.

Additionally, I couldn't figure out how to get my soldiers to attack an enemy ship. They'd board it and stand around getting killed.

Yeah, melee combat is the most placeholder of the placeholders right now. I haven't really figured out how I want the melee system to work yet, so I just threw something basic in there. I think I had just been playing Bloodborne, and my dodge was supposed to be like the sidestep-dodges from that.

If your crew weren't even fighting the enemy, then that sounds like a bug. Not sure what's up with that. Early on, that's all you can really do - if you kill enough of the enemy crew, they'll surrender. Before too long you'll unlock a demolition charge that you can equip on your crew, which will make them move towards enemy turrets (and shield emitters if they have them) and destroy them. I'll eventually add some way to destroy enemy engines as well, and some kind of loot sack item that makes your crew just steal stuff so you can snatch some loot from a bigger ship and then run away.

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone
I'm working on a new trailer for pitching to publishers. What do you think about this guy here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha-j0ZfBD1M

older one for comparison

It's a lot more up front about how the game works and what's supposed to be fun about it, although i think it sacrifices some of the drama and mystery of the older one

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Can I buy you a rootbeer?

swamp waste posted:

I'm working on a new trailer for pitching to publishers. What do you think about this guy here

older one for comparison

It's a lot more up front about how the game works and what's supposed to be fun about it, although i think it sacrifices some of the drama and mystery of the older one
Please pitch that to Adult Swim and Devolver (in that order) ASAP. That's straight up their alley.

Also yes that is a much better trailer.

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

quite a pickle you've got there

Shalinor posted:

Adult Swim and Devolver (in that order) ASAP.

Yeah I would do this.

Is Clickteam Fusion even worth messing with? I've seen a couple of game that look decent with it, but I'm not sure if I'm better off with GameMaker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

swamp waste posted:

older one for comparison

Was that...a man with his hand in an ox's rear end???

This looks so weird and also so rad