Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

quiet enjoyment posted:

Wrong thread haha, is that Xabi?

What?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Finger Prince posted:

Heyo football dudes. I saw this posted by my Liverpool loving friend and felt I really ought to share it with more people. Hoping this is the most appropriate thread?

No ring!
:goonsay:

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
That's not me, I believe it's an unknown fan.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

quiet enjoyment posted:

Wrong thread haha, is that Xabi?

This is quite a slip up

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I'm going to be posting "reminder that Liverpool fans on this very forum don't even know who Steven Gerrard is" for years to come.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

blue footed boobie posted:

I'm going to be posting "reminder that Liverpool fans on this very forum don't even know who Steven Gerrard is" for years to come.

its hard to keep up but i think thats an arsenal supporter

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Jose posted:

its hard to keep up but i think thats an arsenal supporter

He's a Liverpool fan to me now.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I can't believe can't recognize Liverpool legend Pepe Reina.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

I can't believe can't recognize Liverpool legend Pepe Reina.

wtf you on mate, that's Dirk Kuyt

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

I thought Balotelli went to Nice, what's he doing in a Liverpool shirt?

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013
Haha you morons, that's Gerrard

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

It's true he will. Can't believe you've done this, forums poster quiet enjoyment.

I mean he would have done it anyway even if you were never born, but now you've made him do it with belief.

Brendan Rodgers fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Oct 4, 2016

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Brendan Rodgers posted:

It's true he will. Can't believe you've done this, forums poster quiet enjoyment.

I mean he would have done it anyway even if you were never born, but now you've made him do it with belief.

All of my representations about Liverpool fans are true and accurate.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p049w9cs

skip to about 3 minutes in

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Robbie Savage is thick as poo poo. A few minutes into it he doesn't understand why anyone would need to interview Ryan Giggs because he's a famous player.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

wrong thread

quiet enjoyment
May 11, 2009
i was on my lovely old phone so i couldn't tell but it doesn't matter because i'll never

recover

from

t
h
i
s

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Jesus.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
lol

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

9/10, no smiling Glen Johnson

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

9/10, no smiling Glen Johnson

Wait til the top of the hour.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Shrapnig posted:

Surely you mean 3:28.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

Shrapnig posted:

Hah, brilliant

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

I dislike Man Utd of course, but it makes me cringe when I see people on this sub referring to Man Utd (and their fans) as 'scum'.

There's 3 reasons why:

1) The Hillsborough link.

Using the word ‘scum’ to refer to football fans has such a direct and powerful connotation to the Hillsborough disaster (& The S*n) that we, of all people, should give it a wide berth.

2) Hatred of Man Utd does not = Love of Liverpool

I've learned over the years that some LFC fans (especially those from afar) think a good way to prove their ‘credibility' as a Liverpool fan is to overtly display hatred for Man Utd, often in a forced and OTT way. The two things are totally independent of one another; you don’t have to hate Man Utd to love Liverpool. In fact, you can be a fervent Liverpool fan and feel quite indifferent about Man Utd.

3) We're a classy club. (Let’s stay classy, San Diego.)

I think more than anything else, this is a central trait that separates Liverpool fans from lots of other clubs. You can support Liverpool without denigrating any other club. This is why the Kop applauds opposition goalkeepers when they approach the Kop goalmouth and it’s why we often clap smaller teams who’ve beaten us as they walk off the pitch.

In contrast, using terms like 'scum' to refer to other football fans is the type of thing that you see at Chelsea or Leeds.

(Side note: One of the things that is rarely heard on TV is that the Kop regularly ‘shushes’ and shuts down unsuitable songs before they take root and spread. And I don’t mean a dozen people shushing, I mean THOUSANDS of people.)

Of all the above points, I think the one that resonates most strongly for me is the direct Hillsborough connotation with the word ‘scum’. It's so lovely of us to reflect that back onto another group of fans (even our arch rivals).

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

He's a Liverpool fan to me now.
actual proof of things long known

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
my fav part is the bit that says "the reds" to help new fans liek myself

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Once again, another fan with very limited knowledge making assumptions. To everyone saying his days are numbered, you'll be proved wrong. You say his body cannot do it anymore, you've come to that assumption primarily from what you've read, not from analysing him in training.

Also, If Rooney is producing goals and assists while under "poor form", imagine when he starts to play well.

This bandwagon will continue, but Wazza's still a huge player in Jose's immediate plans, and that's all that matters. In the words of Jose, "Rooney is a big player for his club and country"

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/oct/11/paolo-guerrero-peru-conmebol-world-cup-barcelona

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

PirateBob posted:

Once again, another fan with very limited knowledge making assumptions. To everyone saying his days are numbered, you'll be proved wrong. You say his body cannot do it anymore, you've come to that assumption primarily from what you've read, not from analysing him in training.

Also, If Rooney is producing goals and assists while under "poor form", imagine when he starts to play well.

This bandwagon will continue, but Wazza's still a huge player in Jose's immediate plans, and that's all that matters. In the words of Jose, "Rooney is a big player for his club and country"

Jose was trolling by calling him fat

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

That's a very bad article.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

I admittedly haven't seen him play since he left the Bundesliga, but he was average at best, on top of being a massive oval office who constantly got sent off.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

Dunban posted:

I admittedly haven't seen him play since he left the Bundesliga, but he was average at best, on top of being a massive oval office who constantly got sent off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFCuLI0yBwY

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

I'm pretty sure that's how they settle differences in Peru.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

Xabi posted:

I'm pretty sure that's how they settle differences in Peru.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UigjqDlKzHE

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/c_cwell/status/788019896089190400

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Fucks sake lol.

Defoe has scored more goals this season for Sunderland than Jozy did in his entire time in England.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Goals do not tell the complete story.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
I'm not able to parse TFC. Total loving oval office?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Bea Nanner posted:

I'm not able to parse TFC. Total loving oval office?

Toronto FC