Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

xzzy posted:

Which is pretty fun because with our current gear levels you can obliterate Atheon in a single damage phase.

If you can even get that far. People STILL can't figure out relic running and Oracle shooting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
I still have that Eidolon Ally from year 1 because I'm afraid the second I delete it suddenly everyone will want to run Crota for fun and to hell with getting a husk again

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Yeah that's a good way to get in front of your buddies using Gjallarhorn and cause wipe

I missed Gjallarhorn as much as the next guy but it's gotta be like the 4th best solar exotic for boss DPS at this point, right?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/wHkQt9u.gifv

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

poor life choice posted:

I missed Gjallarhorn as much as the next guy but it's gotta be like the 4th best solar exotic for boss DPS at this point, right?

No because it shoot fast from far away and is fire and forget.

IMHO once you have it 385 it is all you should be using for that fight unless you're a transverse steps warlock abusing the raid rocket launcher.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Killary KKKlinton and her Manocide Vagenda strikes again! :bahgawd:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Maker Of Shoes posted:

If you can even get that far. People STILL can't figure out relic running and Oracle shooting.

Well I assume most of us who are trying to get NTTE would hook up with quasi-intelligent goons who can be trusted to shoot a blob of light when it makes a chime and everyone starts yelling into their headset about where it's at.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
If you're going to start grinding Crota again, bring your titans because Dunemarchers almost entirely negate the abyss debuff.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
got roped into doing the raid with some randos, got two of the raid shotgun

man

is it a good shotgun or what

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
gotta go fast

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

ElNarez posted:

got roped into doing the raid with some randos, got two of the raid shotgun

man

is it a good shotgun or what

Best pve shotgun ever, hope you got a void and an arc one

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Best pve shotgun ever, hope you got a void and an arc one

got two solar ones! didn't get a single exotic from the chests either, because apparently that's the kind of luck I've got

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

ElNarez posted:

got two solar ones! didn't get a single exotic from the chests either, because apparently that's the kind of luck I've got

RNGs are fun, no really!

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

IMHO once you have it 385 it is all you should be using for that fight unless you're a transverse steps warlock abusing the raid rocket launcher.
I get the Sleeper love, always do, but I keep Gyallarhorn on for Aksis2 because Captains. Even if you unfortunately hit architecture, the homing clusters will find and stun, giving you and your hombre time to zero in. Safety first, and I'm already keeping my Envenomed smokes on deck during shanks to throw at the Captain first. Plus it's no trouble for me to jump and fire from a weapons bubble or from the side of the fireteam during DPS whereas I'm 100% I'd find a way to suicide with Simulant at the worst possible time.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Is every single loot opportunity in a raid (boss drop, "cache key" chest, hidden chest, etc) on a once-per-week reset timer? I did a Vosik-only run once this week and then Vosik + Zamboni later in the week.

In my second run (Vosik + Zamboni) the hidden chests during the Vosik part were all empty. Can't remember if I got drops from killing Vosik both times, or if I was able to open Vosik's cache key chest both times.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
As I understand it, the way it's supposed to work is:

-Get boss loot poops and exotic chests once per week
-Get siva key fragments every time
-Siva cache keys work on chests every time that you have one

haveblue fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Oct 3, 2016

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I guess there's something to being able to dump your heavy that quickly and then switch to a sniper, but Raze-Lighter has it spanked on number of hits and Sleeper/Spindle get the crits. I am going to be trying my sword for sure next time and see if I can find a spot that works. If the bubble is close the sword guys can go in front and the cannons out the back/sides. Also opens him up for melting point if we are short on tethers for whatever reason.

cvnvcnv posted:

I get the Sleeper love, always do, but I keep Gyallarhorn on for Aksis2 because Captains. Even if you unfortunately hit architecture, the homing clusters will find and stun, giving you and your hombre time to zero in. Safety first, and I'm already keeping my Envenomed smokes on deck during shanks to throw at the Captain first. Plus it's no trouble for me to jump and fire from a weapons bubble or from the side of the fireteam during DPS whereas I'm 100% I'd find a way to suicide with Simulant at the worst possible time.
That's fair, hunter smoke + hammers was really solid but Fenrax and I had approx. one million attempts to perfect it. Left Side Best Side.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
It's me, I'm the guy that forgot the last console for the exotic gun

I grabbed my auto rifle and got my rear end to the tower ASAP

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

moist turtleneck posted:

It's me, I'm the guy that forgot the last console for the exotic gun

I grabbed my auto rifle and got my rear end to the tower ASAP

We had someone who was so excited to get the last chest that he ran straight into the last set of beams at the end yesterday. :laugh:

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

WMain00 posted:

I'm looking to buy Destiny because I recently got a PS4 on the new super sale thing that was going on.

Is it worth me buying Destiny The Collection, or should I just buy up to The Taken King, then buy Rise of Iron later?

I've never played Destiny before so would be starting from scratch and was wondering if I could save money if the RIse of Iron expansion is for higher levels?

The full collection probably comes with a spark of light that will let you skip year one stuff and get into the newer content off the bat, which i kinda recommend doing if only to gain immediate access to the third subclass. Dunno if that's still a thing but it was a thing when TTK came out.

You should still do the year 1 stuff sometime if only for laughs.

Also there's a refer a friend thing you can do which gives you some special cosmetic stuff (sparrow, shader, emote) and goddamn do i want those so let me know if you wanna do it because goddamn i want that poo poo. I'll give you the link when I'm not mobile posting.

Also never play alone, destiny is kinda bad solo.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

haveblue posted:

As I understand it, the way it's supposed to work is:

-Get boss loot poops and exotic chests once per week
-Get siva key fragments every time
-Siva cache keys work on chests every time that you have one

cache key chests only can be opened once per week i'm pretty sure

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I prefer Sleeper Simulant because it's basically a spartan laser

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Is anyone getting Skeleton Keys from director-chosen 320 strikes? Not sure if it's playlist only, and they're way easier to run for gear.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Kiranamos posted:

Is anyone getting Skeleton Keys from director-chosen 320 strikes? Not sure if it's playlist only, and they're way easier to run for gear.

Yes and anecdotally I get more

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

I love the stinking poo poo out of Khvostov. Got both Ornaments on it, absolutely slay rear end with it, and it deserves some praise. I have purples that can fill-in, CB BF Arminius and a v.deec Soulstealer's, but this thing looks, sounds, feels, and performs spectacularly, yet most importantly is a lot of fun.

Modernized Scope, Full Auto, BF, CB, 900 RPM, Last Warmind :swoon:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Khvostov is a pretty legit crucible AR too. Not sure it's BIS because there are other legendary bullet hoses that kill just as well, but Khvostov is a good holdover until RNG smiles on you.

It's interesting how they set up the perks so that maxing its stability sets the magazine size at a specific point where you can't quite kill two things with it unless you're landing all precision damage.

Now if only they'd make the pulse and scout perks not poo poo.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

So other than the raid, the only way to get above 365 right now is from exotics and strike specific rewards, right? And maybe IB?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Roman posted:

So other than the raid, the only way to get above 365 right now is from exotics and strike specific rewards, right? And maybe IB?

Faction level ups

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

(Borat voice) "MAH WIFE!"

I somehow missed this during the raid (too busy slammin and jammin) but as usual I was likely blamed for the wipe.

I've had to review some of the offensive psychological weapons that were being deployed against me mid raid https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaslighting

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
WINTR WTF ARE YOU DOING WHY ARENT YOU THROWING A BUBBLE GOD DAMMIT
http://i.imgur.com/QeE1427.gifv

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

xzzy posted:

Khvostov is a pretty legit crucible AR too.
Only place I'm using it as I go exclusively mid-impact AR for PVE and have a purple I always use. But even with replacement options that I can easily perform with already on tap for Crucible, I just adore this thing too much to put it down. I'm the person it was made for, top to bottom. Plus it's helped me rediscover Terminus, which I mistakingly dropped after the nerfs. It may not have a year of ammo anymore but headshots net you plenty of kills, and I love all the gun feel and gun fun it provides.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Roman posted:

Guns - Faction level ups, Raid, Trials of Osiris, Strike Chests, Exotic Engrams, Crucible post-game rewards,
Armor - Faction level ups, Raid, Trials of Osiris, Strike Chests, Exotic Engrams
Ghost - Faction level ups, Raid
Artifact - Eris Morn faction level ups, Raid

Guess which one is the biggest issue! Luckily Bungie is promising a solution "in the coming weeks"

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what does 'director-chosen' mean

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
do the 320 strikes really drop current light level loot? i think I ran a few of the 320 playlist and got trash.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Roman posted:

Archon's Forge will drop higher than 365 stuff. Mostly class items it seems.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Super No Vacancy posted:

what does 'director-chosen' mean

Choose a specific strike from the space map. 320 means you chose Hard mode.

The alternative to "director chosen" is a Strike Playlist.

SIVA Crisis Strike Playlist = easy mode current strikes, chosen at random
SIVA Heroic Strike Playlist = hard mode current strikes, chosen at random

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

FishBulb posted:

They really need to include a better way to use marks

Planetary mats are a dumb waste

I like Reddit's idea of making Queen's Wrath the fourth faction. Ranking that one up takes forever.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

cvnvcnv posted:

Artifacts ain't an issue if you pop open Strike chests. Those things barf artifacts.

Do strike chests give artifacts 366 and above? I've received blue artifacts at 365 but never a blue or purple 366+

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

cvnvcnv posted:

Artifacts ain't an issue if you pop open Strike chests. Those things barf artifacts.

yeah lemme just get out my strike keys

http://i.imgur.com/RMIbnYw.gifv

• Locked thread