Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

The Stardew Valley Planner has been updated :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Also some balance changes apparently!

quote:

(New) Balance changes:

All animal products are increased in value by 25% (rounded up to the nearest 5g)
The Rancher profession now increases the value of animal products by 20%, up from 10%
The Artisan profession now increases the value of Artisan goods by 40%, down from 50%
The Blacksmith profession now increases the value of metal bars by 50%, up from 25%
The value of Blueberry is now 50g, down from 80g
The value of Starfruit is now 750g, down from 800g
The value of Cranberry is now 75g, down from 130g
The value of Ancient Fruit is now 550g, down from 750g

quote:

In this update, I have included a few balance changes (they are listed in the original post, under (New!)), most importantly a reduction in value for blueberries, cranberries, starfruit, and ancient fruit. Also, an increase in value for all animal products. I'd like to explain my reasons for these changes.
It was actually never my intention for the berries to be so valuable. That was the result of a miscalculation on my part. The power of ancient fruit was also something of an oversight, as I had originally intended for them to be very rare and then forgot to consider them when I added in seed makers. I don't want Stardew Valley to make players feel "forced" into growing huge amounts of a single crop. I think it's a lot more fun to grow a variety of crops each season. The four crops listed above were more valuable than all other crops by a pretty huge margin, and I've reduced that margin a bit. I understand that growing blueberries and making ancient fruit wine is part of the Stardew culture at this point, so I've made sure that they are still very lucrative options. But I do think these changes will help players feel like they can play the game in different ways.
Once again, thanks everyone so much for all the help, your feedback and bug reports have been crucial in getting this update ready to launch!

Daztek fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Oct 3, 2016

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
stellar. thanks for the heads up :)

e: man those huts sure throw a wrench into my existing designs. i'll have to re-plan my farm from scratch. oh well, planning's fun.

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Oct 3, 2016

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
aww yeah, animal buffs. now make it easier to pick up eggs without having to keep accidentally talking to your chickens.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
I've just noticed in the beta the guild has the Galaxy Sword, a Galaxy Hammer, and a Galaxy Knife for sale. 50000, 75000 and 350000 G each, from memory.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Oooh nerfs to everyone's favourite money crops. Should still be okay though and you can always make wine from other stuff like cherries and peaches.

Thanqol
Feb 15, 2012

because our character has the 'poet' trait, this update shall be told in the format of a rap battle.
"Oh hey, Stardew Valley had an update" *click*

FIVE DAYS LATER

Why does a game about eating healthy, going outside and making friends lead to situations where I'm thinking "Okay, the last chance to order pizza was two hours ago, I think I have some potato chips around here somewhere."

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Daztek posted:

Also some balance changes apparently!

He should have addressed the value of Blue/Cran berries by increasing the value of every other crop, not nerfing berries :argh:

I hate when developers do that. It slows down the pace of the game to nerf profitable crops. He didn't even change it enough to make the other crops worthwhile to farm for profit.

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Oct 3, 2016

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Thanqol posted:

Why does a game about eating healthy, going outside and making friends lead to situations where I'm thinking "Okay, the last chance to order pizza was two hours ago, I think I have some potato chips around here somewhere."
It really is a pity this is too long to be the thread title.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
WHY ARE MY GOATS ALWAYS SAD? Is it because it's winter? I close the door so they don't get cold. Do they need more than one heater?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Thanqol posted:

"Oh hey, Stardew Valley had an update" *click*

FIVE DAYS LATER

This at least drat well should lead the OP.

e: if i'm interpreting the balance changes right then starfruit wine is now the undisputed Only True Way to get filthy rich ASAP

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Oct 3, 2016

Dr. Carwash
Sep 16, 2006

Senpai...
Is the patch live yet?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Eric the Mauve posted:

This at least drat well should lead the OP.

e: if i'm interpreting the balance changes right then starfruit wine is now the undisputed Only True Way to get filthy rich ASAP

No, that's editing the save file :v:

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Blueberries are now about on par with strawberries and there's nothing else nearly as profitable in summer (only red cabbage comes close) until you have the money to invest in starfruit.

Cranberries still rule the fall, though. Between them and fairy rose honey, the changes make the game revolve around Fall even more than previously.

StrangeAeon
Jul 11, 2011

Did anyone ever find out if trees will grow if there's water in their 8-tile border?

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

drat, I was planning to start a new save with 1.1, but now that I see those new money sinks... maybe not.
But I can now rotate waifus/husbandos when I pay at Dark shrine of memory? Does anyone know if it also resets heart levels?

Tired Moritz posted:

WHY ARE MY GOATS ALWAYS SAD? Is it because it's winter? I close the door so they don't get cold. Do they need more than one heater?
Do you click on them often? I don't think they need more than one heater or to go out.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Dwesa posted:

drat, I was planning to start a new save with 1.1, but now that I see those new money sinks... maybe not.
But I can now rotate waifus/husbandos when I pay at Dark shrine of memory? Does anyone know if it also resets heart levels?

Do you click on them often? I don't think they need more than one heater or to go out.

divorcing sets heart levels to 0 and make them say sad things to you.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Tired Moritz posted:

divorcing sets heart levels to 0 and make them say sad things to you.
Yes, but that is a divorce, I mean first shrine here http://stardewvalleywiki.com/Witch%27s_Hut

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

StrangeAeon posted:

Did anyone ever find out if trees will grow if there's water in their 8-tile border?

If they can, could it potentially lead to lost fruit?

Alaan
May 24, 2005

:qq: I got a steam announcement 1.1 is out but steam isn't patching yet

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Alaan posted:

:qq: I got a steam announcement 1.1 is out but steam isn't patching yet

try restarting steam, that usually works

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf9e3c-nMRA

:3:

http://stardewvalley.net/stardew-valley-v1-1-changelog/

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
ok I haven't played SV for a while and decided to get all the achievements and have been fishing the last few days, then it just updated a minute ago, anything else interesting happen in the last 1000 posts

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Captain Invictus posted:

ok I haven't played SV for a while and decided to get all the achievements and have been fishing the last few days, then it just updated a minute ago, anything else interesting happen in the last 1000 posts

Looks at the new farm layouts, Shane's romance is depressing, Emily is really loving weird.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
So with the nerf to crops and buff to animal products is the level 5 farming any more of an actual choice or do I just stick with the crop line still.

E: Oh wait, I forgot the rank 10 down the rancher line is still pretty butts compared to getting a boost to your artisan goods. Tiller line is still the best. Maybe if I could actually butcher my animals or at the very least selling them at higher hearts was way more profitable compared to the effort involved I'd be interested in getting higher hearts with animals, but by the time I hit farming 10 and had interest in being a rancher my animals would of already had full hearts anyways.

Leal fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Oct 3, 2016

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exzQUTdxsL0

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Leal posted:

So with the nerf to crops and buff to animal products is the level 5 farming any more of an actual choice or do I just stick with the crop line still.

E: Oh wait, I forgot the rank 10 down the rancher line is still pretty butts compared to getting a boost to your artisan goods. Tiller line is still the best. Maybe if I could actually butcher my animals or at the very least selling them at higher hearts was way more profitable compared to the effort involved I'd be interested in getting higher hearts with animals, but by the time I hit farming 10 and had interest in being a rancher my animals would of already had full hearts anyways.

Yeah, animals are still nowhere near as profitable as crops.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
You don't 'have' to stick to any money line, animals, crops, or otherwise

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

You don't 'have' to stick to any money line, animals, crops, or otherwise

True, but it would be nice if the crop values were closer, so you have to make some actual trade offs or decisions (if your goal is making money). As it stands there is only "one right way" if you want to make maximum profit. With a few adjustments to the crop sell prices it would be a lot more interesting for min/maxers to puzzle out.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Unless literally every item's acquisition rate:sale value ratio is exactly the same, there's always going to be "one right way" to maximum profit.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

oldskool posted:

Unless literally every item's acquisition rate:sale value ratio is exactly the same, there's always going to be "one right way" to maximum profit.

I think it would be a lot more interesting if the sell prices were randomized every game, so you end up incentivized to make different types of farms. Its the free market!

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

Rutibex posted:

I think it would be a lot more interesting if the sell prices were randomized every game, so you end up incentivized to make different types of farms. Its the free market!

sorry Leah, with salad prices on the rise the free market dictates im gay

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

it would be neat if you sold a poo poo ton of one product, it reduced the sell price of it because you basically flooded the market with it.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
But then how will I buy a private ivory jet-liner bought and fueled exclusively with cranberries?

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

MrSlam posted:

But then how will I buy a private ivory jet-liner bought and fueled exclusively with cranberries?

With Pale Ale under a multitude of different names.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

MrSlam posted:

Power it by doves instead?

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

I think I would prefer a market price that is randomized within a range every season, rather than a reactive market. "The Demand for Parsnips is absurd this Spring! Their price has more than doubled!", or "JoJo co has started a nation-wide sale of wine! All wine prices have decreased by 40% for the duration of fall."

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
So, how does coffee stand up to strawberries / blueberries?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

PoptartsNinja posted:

So, how does coffee stand up to strawberries / blueberries?

I think the point was more so you could make your own coffee. You need 5 beans for every coffee, and each harvest produces 4, so short of either a shortage of kegs or coffee being way faster than wine, it's not going to beat it.

It's probably not even significantly better for cost efficiency, since coffee beans are their own seed, and the Seed Maker can produce 2 or 3 seeds per fruit you put in, so you get 4 coffee crops per existing crop, while 4 blueberry crops would get you anywhere from only slightly less to almost triple that.

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Oct 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Anyone know if SMAPI mods work with 1.1?

eta: There is apparently a new version of SMAPI that will, http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/stardew-modding-api-0-40-1-1.108375/page-33#post-3032547

GunnerJ fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Oct 4, 2016