Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I suggest we open with a tribute to our late friend Jarod

if i had any idea how to do video recording and editing i'd do slow pans over jrod's posts and rap sheet while In the Arms of an Angel plays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Wait, did something happen to JRod? Or he's just not on SA anymore? I thought Caros was still in touch with him.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

WrenP-Complete posted:

Wait, did something happen to JRod? Or he's just not on SA anymore? I thought Caros was still in touch with him.

No he's just permabanned.

So basically dead forever.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Jrod got perma-banned for threatening to commit credit card fraud to get his :10bux: back if he got banned again.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Truly jrod's great moment, when his essence shone so bright that the vile statists of SA had to permanently ban his account

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'm not sure connecting a flamethrower to what I believe is generally a fairly unreliable piece of equipment is necessarily a good idea.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

I'm not sure connecting a flamethrower to what I believe is generally a fairly unreliable piece of equipment is necessarily a good idea.

Yeah, we don't think so either after playing with it a bit.

We thought it would be awesome! ... But like many of our ideas, it has some practical issues.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

What did you intend to achieve with it?

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

What did you intend to achieve with it?

We are just having fun. Now we are talking about making it create a light show.

Update: we have our first bite. https://disqus.com/home/discussion/...ment-2928829387

WrenP-Complete fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Oct 2, 2016

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Who What Now posted:

Jrod got perma-banned for threatening to commit credit card fraud to get his :10bux: back if he got banned again.

Didn't he even later say that he didn't really mean it/was so fantastically wealthy and handsome he'd never miss the money anyway?

I just remember him not just doing that but finding ways to be an even bigger impossibly big dumbass about it.

eNeMeE
Nov 26, 2012

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I just remember him not just doing that but finding ways to be an even bigger impossibly big dumbass about it.
A succinct summation of his posting.

e:

WrenP-Complete posted:

We are just having fun. Now we are talking about making it create a light show.
Attach a laser pointer and then play "would it have ignited if this was the flamethrower".

...I may like fire a little too much, though.

eNeMeE fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Oct 2, 2016

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
best way to start the thread:

kill whitey, starting with all the bernouts who are unreconstructed paultards and/or voted for johnson

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

WrenP-Complete posted:

Yeah, the name is a give away, you can CTRL-F "Jrod" depending on your system. It's true that no one has responded, but as far as I can see no one thinks it's fraudulent yet.

Fake edit: Should I not be storing this information using a pickle? Sigh.

Real edit: what's super Hitler?

I like pickling, it's very convenient. At my internship I pickled the progress of my YouTube crawler (a dict of all the channels it has processed already) so I could stop it and restart it without starting over

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Stinky_Pete posted:

I like pickling, it's very convenient. At my internship I pickled the progress of my YouTube crawler (a dict of all the channels it has processed already) so I could stop it and restart it without starting over

Thank you, that was what I was concerned about! I'm baking for the holiday, more Jrodimus' commenting soon.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
Genuine question as I've never been Banned or P-Banned... if someone were P'd, couldn't they just drop a tenner and come back with another name that's registered to a different e-mail? I assume that forum IDs are banned as I don't see how you could ban a specific person.

JRod is enough of a zealot to go to the trouble, I fancy.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Yes, but he'd be found out immediately and perma'd again. Like Dare.

Caros
May 14, 2008

JustJeff88 posted:

Genuine question as I've never been Banned or P-Banned... if someone were P'd, couldn't they just drop a tenner and come back with another name that's registered to a different e-mail? I assume that forum IDs are banned as I don't see how you could ban a specific person.

JRod is enough of a zealot to go to the trouble, I fancy.

Yes with a but. If you are permanently banned you 'can' evade the ban by using a different email, card etc. The problem is that he would have to pretend to be someone else. If he ever admitted to being jrod he would be banned once again. And his... Style, for lack of a better term, would be instantly obvious.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Well, this is happening.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Who What Now posted:

Yes, but he'd be found out immediately and perma'd again. Like Dare.

A few permabanned people managed to get around it (I think that even a few were un-permabanned after obviously changing their awful ways) by not being a poo poo bag anymore. In some cases it was a matter of just not obviously being the permabanned user. Even so, the kind of person who gets permabanned isn't typically the kind of person to repent and become less awful.

I guarantee that jrod thinks it's proof that he's right and we're wrong; SomethingAwful is a bunch of deluded, brainwashed statists.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

That doesn't even make internal sense.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

WrenP-Complete posted:

Thank you, that was what I was concerned about! I'm baking for the holiday, more Jrodimus' commenting soon.

What's the occasion, JRodimass' Eve?

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

White Coke posted:

What's the occasion, JRodimass' Eve?

Ha! Maybe?!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/what-you-need-to-know-about-rosh-hashanah-the-jewish-new-year_us_57eeaea1e4b024a52d2ecf22

WrenP-Complete fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Oct 2, 2016

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Did you just move into that place?

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Baronjutter posted:

Did you just move into that place?

I accidentally posted holiday prep pics rather than Jrodimus', and I'm now fixing a graphics driver problem on my machine. I am with family for the holiday, and the reason there were so many cables probably is a cobblers' children with no shoes issue. One of the homeowners is an electrician. :) Have a happy and sweet Jewish new year, goon friends.

WrenP-Complete fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Oct 2, 2016

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

WrenP-Complete posted:

Have a happy and sweet Jewish new year, goon friends.

Yay! :neckbeard:

I have to work for Rosh Hashanah, but I get a personal day on Yom Kippur to be a dirty, hungry, dehydrated prick for 25 hours. :jewish:

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

That doesn't even make internal sense.

Someone just responded...

quote:

I was completely unaware of that moral imperative. And I retract my offer to P Murt.

"Mr. Murt, I've been informed that violence is morally wrong even in the context of a ridicule in the form of a picture on a punching bag. Therefore I retract the above comment to you."

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Wait, so they're arguing with it, and it's winning? :allears:

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Goon Danton posted:

Wait, so they're arguing with it, and it's winning? :allears:

I'm so nervous he's going to be found out!

Here's the last one:
http://disq.us/p/1ch2toa

On an article about trickle down economics (which I didn't read, I just put "trickle" in as the seed word and pressed F5):

quote:

JRodimus' • a minute ago
You wonder why so few of the same take responsibility for risking their capital in the market, why would that be?

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

I recently read Orwell's essay 'Politics and the English Language. Link here if people are interested: http://www.orwell.ru/library/essays/politics/english/e_polit/

It's not really surprising how many of the sins he mentions are committed by Jrod and libertarians in general since the ideology can only exist in fuzzy vagueness. As soon as someone tries to pin down what the consequences of those policies are, it all falls apart. Just something that struck me when I read it.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

WrenP-Complete posted:

Well, this is happening.

jrodefeld endorses full space-communism

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

PupsOfWar posted:

jrodefeld endorses full space-communism

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

What if there is already a libertarian bot there that the Jrodbot is arguing with?

Nitrousoxide fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Oct 3, 2016

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Nitrousoxide posted:

What if there is already a libertarian bot there that the Jrod is arguing with?

Well, I don't know very many Libertarians, but my sense of it is that they have enough marijuana to handle this sort of (inevitable, really) outcome.

I was going to suggest we play this thread somewhat like sardines, and send you out to find another Libertarian. You were the last one, right?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'm sure their procedural arguments will produce a more coherent vision of libertarianism than any human has managed within the year.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Some actual Libertarian news:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ould-do-better/
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ron-paul-jill-stein-is-more-libertarian-than-gary-johnson/article/2603476

I would say if I thought this was in line with that very dramatic video someone posted from FreedomCon (or whatever) but I have no idea.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

A very happy Rosh Hashanah to you then. But if JRodimass was a holiday how would it be celebrated? Aside from sex with melons.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

White Coke posted:

A very happy Rosh Hashanah to you then. But if JRodimass was a holiday how would it be celebrated? Aside from sex with melons.

A very happy and sweet new year!

I don't know about JRodimass, but I like where this train of thought is going. Did JRod like anything in particular?

Earlier today the bot said, "I was just raped" and I automatically made an empathy noise.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

WrenP-Complete posted:

A very happy and sweet new year!

I don't know about JRodimass, but I like where this train of thought is going. Did JRod like anything in particular?

Earlier today the bot said, "I was just raped" and I automatically made an empathy noise.

Wait, did Jrod ever even talk about rape? Or did... My God...

Did Jrod rape Jrodimus?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

White Coke posted:

Holing up in your fallout shelter and ritually rubbing your dick on every part of it to reassert your moral claim to own it, and ward off the evil statists lurking beyond the vault door, with their functioning cities and public transport.