Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Sea Sponge Run posted:

The vita emulators right now are bad though

Any emulators for post-SNES consoles (except Dolphin) are garbage on every platform.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Improbable Lobster posted:

Any emulators for post-SNES consoles (except Dolphin) are garbage on every platform.

Mednafen is a very good PSX emulator

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

PS1 and PS2 emulation is really good these days.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
PPSSPP is also very good, and Citra is shaping up to be fantastic

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Hell, even Demul is a decent Dreamcast emulator now

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Andrast posted:

PS1 and PS2 emulation is really good these days.

Not really

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Sea Sponge Run posted:

The vita emulators right now are bad though

Guess we're all stuck buying the games.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Mednafen is really good!!!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Pretty much everything (with a few exceptions) you'd actually want to play runs great. What more do you want?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

there are 5,000 new games i want to play i hope i never play an snes game again, unless it's a aaa remake of ff6

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

PS1 emulation works really well if you use mednafen or its core in Retroarch. PS2 emulation is a bit spotty and the games I really want to replay the most have major problems running in hardware mode and while I can run them fine in software mode, my CPU is strong enough, at that point I may as well play them on an actual PS2.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

Sakurazuka posted:

Are the Vita emulators any better?
My 2DS plays SNES games noticeably better than my PSTV. Both are running their respective SNES9x ports.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
PS1/PS2 emulation has been good enough for a couple years now, to the point where I felt comfortable selling my PS2 off since my whole library would run just fine in ePSXe/PCSX2.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Even Saturn emulation is pretty okay now, in so far as a lot of stuff works compared to how dumbly made the Saturn is. N64 though :laffo:

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

I finally got a 64gb card, so now I have it and my old 32gb. I'd like to fill the 64 with retail games and the 32 with indies... can I use multiple menory cards with a single Vita/account? If so, how does it manage bubbles organization (downloaded and physical card)? Can I keep all physical card-based saves/installations to the system if I have a 2000?

Thanks.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
Bubbles are stored on each card and loaded once you reboot the system, nothing is stopping you just powering the system off and switching cards, no. You can't use the internal storage for anything if you do have a card inserted, however.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Plus you can find PlayStation TVs for cheaper than a Raspberry Pi a lot of the time, another popular emulation platform. I snagged mine for $20 CAD brand new.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's over guys even Senran Kagura has moved on to PS4 only

http://gematsu.com/2016/10/senran-kagura-peach-beach-splash-announced-ps4

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
That's clearly just a spinoff.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Finally, a Splatoon for the true gamer.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Lemon-Lime posted:

The cooking game was supposed to be so as well and the characters talk about it in the most recent game. Ryona won.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I was gonna say maybe the Vita can't handle a 5 vs 5 online shooter but I guess there's Killzone

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
In all seriousness, it's most likely to do with not being able to do a lot of physics. Jiggly boobs aside, the water physics from a larger size attack or a swimsuit/shirt that gets wet in a "realistic" way isn't exactly light on resources.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I can almost guarantee that with all the power of the PS4, they aren't going to do anything realistic.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Lemon-Lime posted:

Production notes actually say it's part of the main story. Not that it loving matters, but lol. They did mention that another action game is in the works though, so I am pretty stoked for that.

Best thing to do is consider Peach Beach as a bit like Bon Appétit 2, only with water gun fights instead of a cooking contest.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

It will be an adventure for seeking the bra this time!!

The Eternal Dark Bra which one of the treasures protecting the harmony of the world got stolen by a mysterious thief known as the "Black Atonias"!
As a result a "Dimensional Split" appeared in the sky causing the uplift of the earth!
As long as the Eternal Dark Bra is not restored it is only a matter of time that the world will get engulfed by this phenomenon!
Thus, a great adventure focusing on the bra is about to begin!

Several system features have improved since the previous title "Genkai Tokki Moero Chronicle"!
It's a new battle to store, release and insert!!
New customizing features now include the "Separated Underwear"!!
There will be a total of 80 monster girls who will become your allies!!
Last but not least a separated ending for each girl is also included!!

Copyright:
©2016 IDEA FACTORY / COMPILE HEART. All rights reserved.
Licensed to and published by Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cool starry bra

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Super No Vacancy posted:

It will be an adventure for seeking the bra this time!!

The Eternal Dark Bra which one of the treasures protecting the harmony of the world got stolen by a mysterious thief known as the "Black Atonias"!
As a result a "Dimensional Split" appeared in the sky causing the uplift of the earth!
As long as the Eternal Dark Bra is not restored it is only a matter of time that the world will get engulfed by this phenomenon!
Thus, a great adventure focusing on the bra is about to begin!

Several system features have improved since the previous title "Genkai Tokki Moero Chronicle"!
It's a new battle to store, release and insert!!
New customizing features now include the "Separated Underwear"!!
There will be a total of 80 monster girls who will become your allies!!
Last but not least a separated ending for each girl is also included!!

Copyright:
©2016 IDEA FACTORY / COMPILE HEART. All rights reserved.
Licensed to and published by Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.

Yeah same

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Sakurazuka posted:

Cool starry bra

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

This seems like the best place to ask:

I remember several years ago that FFT War of the Lions had massive slow down that could be fixed by removing like a single line of code. If I were to buy the game to play on PS TV, did it ever get officially fixed, or would I have some way of fixing the slow down?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The PSP version never got officially fixed (I don't think PSP games could even have patches?) and it runs exactly the same on Vita/TV. You have to emulate or run on a modded system to fix it.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Yeah even with the recent Vita hacks you still can't fix FFT:WoTL on it as far as I know

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sea Sponge Run posted:

Yeah even with the recent Vita hacks you still can't fix FFT:WoTL on it as far as I know

That's because because the current hacks can't access the PSPemu yet. People are working on that though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Honestly if you've got a recent-ish phone or tablet the mobile version is much less hassle, even if you have to put up with touch controls.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Just got a refurbished Vita for JRPG and indie game reasons; it had no charge on it so I had to let it sit for ten minutes before I could turn it on, at which point it couldn't find my wifi network for some reason. The Internet recommended doing a system update, which it did in fact sorely need, so I plugged it into my PC and got it started, but I'm worried it's gonna run out of charge before it finishes because it doesn't appear to be gathering any charge from my computer and the estimated time remaining keeps going up (from 10 minutes at the beginning to 57 minutes now at 14%). I gotta say, not a great first impression so far.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

loquacius posted:

Just got a Vita

condolences

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Uh oh. What did he do now?

Nap Ghost
Most computer USB ports don't really have enough amps to charge a lot of modern devices. Decent chargers these days generally have 2+ amps per port.

You sometimes see a laptop with a USB port that has a little lightning bolt next to it, and that's supposed to be for charging devices, but I've found that to be kind of hit or miss.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
The Vita charger is a 2a charger, so your 500ma pc isn't going to charge it for poo poo. Try a tablet charger if you have one.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Xseed tweeted today that Extella isn't coming out until early next year and will get an LE that is 10 bucks extra on either version and comes with a 100+ page art book, cards of all the servants in the game, and a cloth poster of Nero and Tam Tam's titties

https://twitter.com/xseedgames/status/783757532086939648

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

loquacius posted:

Just got a refurbished Vita for JRPG and indie game reasons; it had no charge on it so I had to let it sit for ten minutes before I could turn it on, at which point it couldn't find my wifi network for some reason. The Internet recommended doing a system update, which it did in fact sorely need, so I plugged it into my PC and got it started, but I'm worried it's gonna run out of charge before it finishes because it doesn't appear to be gathering any charge from my computer and the estimated time remaining keeps going up (from 10 minutes at the beginning to 57 minutes now at 14%). I gotta say, not a great first impression so far.
lol you updated past 3.60