Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
The only movie from that list I've seen is requiem for a dream, which I watched at 3am. It's really fukt, definitely watch it late at night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

EccoRaven posted:

today is October 3rd, quote this post with a funny story about high school and I will tell you which character from mean girls you are.

Senior year instead of writing an essay on Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, I instead handed in a picture I drew of Frankenstein's monster.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I love Into the Mouth of Madness but I also really love meta stories. Also Carpenter is one of my favorite directors so I'm a sucker for it.

Which Funny Games did you watch? Original or Remake?

I have yet to see They Look Like People. What's it about?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I live in Oregon, so this is not admitting to illegal activity.

You know what's an experience that will gently caress you up? Watching Paprika while stoned out of your goddamn mind. That movie feels like an acid trip even when you're sober.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Watch the Mr Plinkett review of The Force Awakens it's pretty much a horror movie

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Anyone who wants to add me on Discord, my name is

Mxaxmxa Hxexn #3x9x3x3

With the xs removed

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Dr. Hurt posted:

I love Into the Mouth of Madness but I also really love meta stories. Also Carpenter is one of my favorite directors so I'm a sucker for it.

Which Funny Games did you watch? Original or Remake?

I have yet to see They Look Like People. What's it about?

I watched the English version, but they are identical movies so I don't really know why people ask which one I watched.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx-kGHIy08o

Like it's the same director doing a shot-for-shot remake using the same sets or remade sets using the same blueprints.

In any case it was a garbage movie with no redeeming values. I can't imagine anyone but the most condescending holier than thou arthouse type enjoying a single thing about it. I would think less of anyone who said they enjoyed it.

They Look Like People (which is on Netflix) is about a late 20-something dude staying with his friend but he sees monsters that look like they are people. Is he just crazy or is there a real threat? It's a really good movie that has like 3 characters (3.5 technically) and they have really great and natural interactions with each other. They really feel like real people. There's a scene (very minor spoiler) where the two dudes are talking up how they want to go out and hit the town and be crazy single guys and pick up chicks and they're talking with all this bravado. One of them goes "man remember when we were kids and we used to play these dumb games?" "Yeah, we were such losers" then immediate cut to them loving around in the living room playing games like a couple of children. It was really funny and realistic. I genuinely liked these characters, which made the scary parts scarier because I cared about what happened to them.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Mumblegore is generally a blight

Max
Nov 30, 2002

EccoRaven posted:

today is October 3rd, quote this post with a funny story about high school and I will tell you which character from mean girls you are.

My car was the only car not keyed in the senior parking lot because it was a piece of poo poo volvo from the 80's and people took pity on it.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Birdstrike posted:

Watch the Mr Plinkett review of The Force Awakens it's pretty much a horror movie

mmuch like ur poasting

WOOOOOOOOOO

honk honk

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Poison Mushroom posted:

I got in trouble on halloween my junior year for coming to school as a ninja with a t-shirt ninja mask because people thought I was going as a terrorist.

you are Damian

CCKeane posted:

Senior year instead of writing an essay on Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, I instead handed in a picture I drew of Frankenstein's monster.

you are Aaron Samuels

Max posted:

My car was the only car not keyed in the senior parking lot because it was a piece of poo poo volvo from the 80's and people took pity on it.

you are Cady's mom

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

EccoRaven posted:

The first time I wore interesting clothing one of the priests asked if I was making a political statement

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

EccoRaven posted:

One time I didn't study for a Japanese kanji test and I turned it in complete blank.

My teacher was like "is this really what you are doing right now" and I was all "well I could draw pictures for you but I think I will just give you that blank piece of paper."

Only C I got in high school, Japanese 2 Second Semester.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Max posted:

this basically describes me as a person, for example:

dongsbot9000 posted:

mmuch like ur poasting

WOOOOOOOOOO

honk honk

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
max if youre cadys mom that means were married

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Mumblegore is generally a blight

I like west and wingard and the people who did resulotion

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Someone make a thread in gbs called "thread where snooze cruise posts her jokes" I can't do it on my phone

The thread will be where I posted joke to see if they are good

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

ok i did it

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
This is already going well.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
post your favorite kind of apple

mine is fuji.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Jonathan Fisk posted:

The first time I wore interesting clothing one of the priests asked if I was making a political statement

you are Justin

Profusely Refusing posted:

One time I didn't study for a Japanese kanji test and I turned it in complete blank.

My teacher was like "is this really what you are doing right now" and I was all "well I could draw pictures for you but I think I will just give you that blank piece of paper."

Only C I got in high school, Japanese 2 Second Semester.

you are Glenn Coco, you go glenn coco!

EccoRaven posted:

for the last day in civics class our teacher let two of the class jokers give a lecture, and they made a compelling argument for why the opposite of progress was congress, and my teacher put his head in his hands and muttered how he failed us all.

EccoRaven posted:

for the last day in civics class our teacher let two of the class jokers give a lecture, and they made a compelling argument for why the opposite of progress was congress, and my teacher put his head in his hands and muttered how he failed us all.

you are gretchen wieners.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

cripps pink

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

BottleKnight posted:

post your favorite kind of apple

mine is fuji.

jazz

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'll be honest ec idk who that is

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
not justin, jason! sorry

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

The thing about jazz is it's really all about the apples you don't pick.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

jazz is not an apple

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Don't be ridiculous, Quidthulhu.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Gesundheit!

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Quidthulhu posted:

jazz is not an apple

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jazz_(apple)

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

goddammit

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Wikiburns scorch deep.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Think of it more as an opportunity to find and consume a wonderful variety of apple

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

There is nothing more disgusting in this world than a mushy apple.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Poison Mushroom posted:

There is nothing more disgusting in this world than a mushy apple.

Sure there is

a mushy pear

also me

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I don't even like pears, so I kind of have to agree.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Asiina posted:

Like it's the same director doing a shot-for-shot remake using the same sets or remade sets using the same blueprints.

Michael Haneke is just a sadist as a filmmaker, and the audience is his victim. His thing is basically "you enjoy movies as stories? here is why this makes you a bad person."

Like, just read the wikipedia synopsis of The Seventh Continent. Or don't. Be prepared to hug a cat afterwards because even just reading about it is depressing as poo poo.

The movie people should be watching is The Green Butchers, so you can learn important phrases in Danish like "I smoke twenty joints a day, I couldn't smell it if my hair was on fire."

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Seventh continent is just a light story about a family moving away though.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
I don't know who anyone is anymore. It's like a window into dementia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Snooze Cruise posted:

Seventh continent is just a light story about a family moving away though.

get hosed