Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Lurdiak posted:

Illegalize Harley Quinn solo books.

There is a reason I don't put any Harley solo stuff in the Batman thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

I love Plastic Man.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
If he wore different coloured clothes could he use those colours in shapeshifting instead of red and yellow?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Pureauthor posted:

If he wore different coloured clothes could he use those colours in shapeshifting instead of red and yellow?

Clothes? Those aren't his clothes.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Can I get a source on that Plastic Man panel?

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
Never mind the Bat-goggles, why is he dressed like Carmen Sandiego in the previous panel

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Code Pru from Cinema Purgatorio #4.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I'm liking the mummy guy more and more.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

Yo, Mummy man is legit as hell.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Wanna see more wit and wisdom from the Mummy.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I dunno, with how he refers to himself he seems like one of those 90's BC edgelords :v:

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Zanzibar Ham posted:

I dunno, with how he refers to himself he seems like one of those 90's BC edgelords :v:

Reminds me a bit of the Caged Demonwolf from Empowered.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

No clue on the source.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Code Pru is the best part of Cinema Purgatorio. But then, I'm a sucker for this sort of "monsters in the everyday world" type deal.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

a kitten posted:

No clue on the source.

Why was your first response to "I can control water" "I should use it for criminal purposes."

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

When it comes to Marvel villain logic there's something in the water :v:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
either human torch would be too much, since they are completely on fire. but a guy who is only partly on fire? that must have seemed like the easiest target in the world.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

At least they're smarter than the fuckers on Smallville who use abilities like super-gardening to vengefully murder people who didn't really do anything.

I know that's the first thing I'd do if I could magically make crops grow in like 30 seconds.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

a kitten posted:

No clue on the source.

Can I just mention how I love that Ghost Rider doesn't even actually punish the guy? He just splashes him with his own water demon and peels out laughing.

Also that looks like it's from one of the Essential Ghost Rider collections, can't say which one though.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

At least they're smarter than the fuckers on Smallville who use abilities like super-gardening to vengefully murder people who didn't really do anything.

I know that's the first thing I'd do if I could magically make crops grow in like 30 seconds.

Being completely fair if you couldn't defend yourself publicly revealing that you can grow crops is a one-way ticket to the bottom of a G-Men bunker growing an inexhaustible supply chain for our boys overseas.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Kwyndig posted:

Can I just mention how I love that Ghost Rider doesn't even actually punish the guy? He just splashes him with his own water demon and peels out laughing.

More superhero comics should end with the hero just clowning the villain and then leaving while they feel sorry for themselves.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Then again Kevin Smith tried that and all we ended up with was a "dead" Mysterio

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

mind the walrus posted:

Being completely fair if you couldn't defend yourself publicly revealing that you can grow crops is a one-way ticket to the bottom of a G-Men bunker growing an inexhaustible supply chain for our boys overseas.

gently caress revealing poo poo, if I could super-garden, I'd be super-gardening weed and shrooms.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Lencho posted:

Well, his Guardians of the Galaxy was pretty good at least.

No it wasn't.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

It definitely sucked in comparison to the Abnett-and-Lanning Guardians.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

the sexual Shiite posted:

gently caress revealing poo poo, if I could super-garden, I'd be super-gardening weed and shrooms.

Honestly if you could make any plant or fungus grow at super speeds you'd already have a defense mechanism right there, human beings are constantly in a wash of different fungal spores depending on the environment around them. All it would take is the right bloom in somebody's lungs and they're down. If you could stimulate the growth of yeast and food bacteria cultures it would be even worse (also you could make a killing in the cheese and yogurt industry).

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Kwyndig posted:

Honestly if you could make any plant or fungus grow at super speeds you'd already have a defense mechanism right there, human beings are constantly in a wash of different fungal spores depending on the environment around them. All it would take is the right bloom in somebody's lungs and they're down. If you could stimulate the growth of yeast and food bacteria cultures it would be even worse (also you could make a killing in the cheese and yogurt industry).

Or you could go down to Brazil and make the jungle regrow right underneath the bulldozers. That would kick rear end, especially if you could make the trees grow fast enough to launch the dozers.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Well, most of the rain forest that has been lost to human action is farmland so you're right back into supervillain territory.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

mind the walrus posted:

Kevin Smith tried that

Well, there's your problem.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Kwyndig posted:

Well, most of the rain forest that has been lost to human action is farmland so you're right back into supervillain territory.

Small fields would be producing things at fantastic rates. Wouldn't need a sprawling farm.

If I could make plants grow fast I would hang out at the beach making seaweed touch people's legs.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

If I could make plants grow fast I would hang out at the beach making seaweed touch people's legs.

You're a loving monster

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

I thought we were trying to come up with a non-villainous use for these powers.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Code Pru from Cinema Purgatorio #4.

I think I need to add this to my reading list.

And come up with a funny panel to post.

EDIT: Dayum. Maybe I'll wait for a sale on that.

joehonkie fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Oct 4, 2016

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Edit: Whoops, think this is the wrong thread. :shobon:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

The Moronic Man.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

mind the walrus posted:

On the list of comic book cliches to deconstruct, has anyone done a plot where the government wants to take someone in for their mysterious powers and the person in question is patriotic and takes the long view so the underground bunker project actually works out, resulting in some huge new breakthrough or advantage? Modern-day conspiracy plots feature destroyed secret labs so often that it'd be refreshing for even one such project to actually work out, and a rescue attempt that ends in the prisoner saying "What? No, harnessing my plant-growing abilities to revitalize domestic agriculture is for the greater good" might also be nice.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
nah, generally if the government gets ahold of someone with super powers they always try to make them into a weapon. i can't say that's terribly implausible, either.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Dolash posted:

On the list of comic book cliches to deconstruct, has anyone done a plot where the government wants to take someone in for their mysterious powers and the person in question is patriotic and takes the long view so the underground bunker project actually works out, resulting in some huge new breakthrough or advantage? Modern-day conspiracy plots feature destroyed secret labs so often that it'd be refreshing for even one such project to actually work out, and a rescue attempt that ends in the prisoner saying "What? No, harnessing my plant-growing abilities to revitalize domestic agriculture is for the greater good" might also be nice.

Well, there's the SMBC strip where Superman spends his life turning a giant crank to provide cheap energy to the world.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Dolash posted:

In Rising Stars, there was a lady who had telekinesis, but could only use it on very small things. So she had a career assassinating people by squeezing their blood vessels shut. Then as a last grand gesture, she :handwave::handwave::handwave: made the Middle East fertile instead of a desert, and I think that caused everybody to like each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
Strong Female Protagonist had a girl with a healing factor who decided that becoming a permanent organ donor was a better use of her talents than getting in fights with costumed lunatics. Unfortunately her healing factor also neutralized any anesthetics used during the operations.