Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Alxprit posted:

A cool trailer with a lot of features I wouldn't have expected. But man, that last part has gotten everyone into a ruffle. I wonder how many will avoid playing the demo out of "principle".

I don't, because they suck. Ash-Greninja was awesome until they made it lose in a lovely way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Wow, they really did just straight up not put Megas into the game... I was right. It's for the best really, that they don't have Mega Evolution in this game.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Rowlett's entire line is fantastic.

:3:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Rudoku posted:

I don't, because they suck. Ash-Greninja was awesome until they made it lose in a lovely way.

Cry some more. Ash is going to school and it's going to be a slice of life comedy series now and be 50 times better.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Cernunnos posted:

Unless they set the bar for this properly high (they actually might with all the data they've probably collected from X/Y/OR/AS) this thing will probably be done in a few hours.

I imagine it'll be like World Quests in World of Warcraft or Fates in FFXIV or whatever other big multi-player event in any other game. In that there's either going to be a way for it to "respawn" to guarantee you aren't SoL because it went live at 9am Japan time and you're still the gently caress asleep like a normal person, or it'll simply last til whatever date and time regardless of how finished it gets.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Seems weird that they wouldn't add any new megas, they could just be banning them for awhile to let the new mons shine. Or maybe they'll add mega stones as DLC!

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

mabels big day posted:

Wow, they really did just straight up not put Megas into the game... I was right. It's for the best really, that they don't have Mega Evolution in this game.

I hope you get past your first stage of grief soon.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Classtoise posted:

I imagine it'll be like World Quests in World of Warcraft or Fates in FFXIV or whatever other big multi-player event in any other game. In that there's either going to be a way for it to "respawn" to guarantee you aren't SoL because it went live at 9am Japan time and you're still the gently caress asleep like a normal person, or it'll simply last til whatever date and time regardless of how finished it gets.

My money is on the later. It'll pop up, be "completed" in like 3 or 4 hours, continue running until it's end date, and then pay out rewards.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Cernunnos posted:

Unless they set the bar for this properly high (they actually might with all the data they've probably collected from X/Y/OR/AS) this thing will probably be done in a few hours.

A screenshot on the website shows that the goal is 900 million caught Pokemon.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

What is Ash Greninja? Just Ash's Greninja from the anime?

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

FishBulb posted:

Seems weird that they wouldn't add any new megas, they could just be banning them for awhile to let the new mons shine. Or maybe they'll add mega stones as DLC!

Alola Forms & Z-Moves are the big new thing in Sun & Moon. It's all but guaranteed that they're gonna add new Megas in the third version or the DP remakes, whichever is the next game this gen.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
So let me get this straight.

Dartrix: throws blades really good, very accurate
Torracat: big buff rowdy boy, very strong
Brionne: loves to dance

Popplio confirmed best starter

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Junpei Hyde posted:

Brionne is good.

you misspelled 'terrible'.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

alg posted:

Some demented "Totally not a mega" thing.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
looks like popplio is never gonna evolve.

god, snobby rich owl is winning me over.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

you misspelled 'terrible'.

No, he misspelled 'fabulous'.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

alg posted:

Its a 'not-mega evo' Ash got in the anime that's now in the game for some reason.

Also looks like it replaces Greninja's normal ability so I'm guessing its worse than Protean Greninja anyways.

:shrug:

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

alg posted:

The anime introduced a sort of pseudo-Mega Evolution that, as of yet, only Ash' Greninja can access through the power of friendship or whatever.

In game, it's a Greninja that has a unique ability called Battle Bond, that causes it to change into Ash' Greninja after it causes an opponent's pokemon to faint. It's probably functionally identical to a Mega Evo.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

ALFbrot posted:

So let me get this straight.

Dartrix: throws blades really good, very accurate
Torracat: big buff rowdy boy, very strong
Brionne: loves to dance

Popplio confirmed best starter

Dartrix has that 90s WB white guy hairstyle and he is PERFECT. I hope Brionne gets caught in a boat propeller

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
also uh man, the music sure is different.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Torracat is loving awesome. And he's going to evolve into Tiger Mask? gently caress yeah

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
It's hilarious that they officially confirmed Megas by showing off all the most broken ones.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

mabels big day posted:

Cry some more. Ash is going to school and it's going to be a slice of life comedy series now and be 50 times better.

I'm not crying, I love it. All of it.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I'm going to put Ash-Greninja in a box, and NOT one of those cool paradise island boxes either.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Also worth pointing out, from Serebii's Twitter: we have Ice Stones now. I guess that ends the "how to evolve Alolan Vulpix" debate.

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/783301634009030656

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Supremezero posted:

No, he misspelled 'fabulous'.

Nah, she mispelled 'the most glorious creature bestowed upon us from Arceus, and my friend.'

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Pokemon have different reactions to you petting them in different spots.

POKEMON HAVE DIFFERENT REACTIONS TO YOU PETTING THEM IN DIFFERENT SPOTS

12/10 GAME OF THE YEAR

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Finally I can send my beautiful and talented children in my PC box to go work in the coal mines for me.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
For those unable to youtube, could we get a picture of what's new in this trailer

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

mabels big day posted:

Oh yes, I agree. More wacky adventures with pokemon please.

gently caress Ash-Greninja though. It reeks of marketing of toys and that pisses me off even though it's a totally sensible thing to do for a business. Ash-Greninja is lame, and it makes no sense and it stole the spotlight from Pikachu. :(

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

The Lord of Hats posted:

POKEMON HAVE DIFFERENT REACTIONS TO YOU PETTING THEM IN DIFFERENT SPOTS

12/10 GAME OF THE YEAR

That was a thing in X/Y/OR/AS too though?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Ash-Greninja looks cool.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
What spot was Pikachu in in that popular pokemon poll

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Zore posted:

That was a thing in X/Y/OR/AS too though?

I don't remember it being to the same extent as "you burnt your hand because you touched the flame orb you dumbass" or "Mooooooom stop messing with my hair ugh enough already!"

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Honestly my hype for this game could not be higher

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Tired Moritz posted:

Oh yes, I agree. More wacky adventures with pokemon please.

gently caress Ash-Greninja though. It reeks of marketing of toys and that pisses me off even though it's a totally sensible thing to do for a business. Ash-Greninja is lame, and it makes no sense and it stole the spotlight from Pikachu. :(

they market and sell toys for most pokemon, including the new starters and regular greninja

Veks
May 12, 2012

OOOOOOH MYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOD

The Lord of Hats posted:

I don't remember it being to the same extent as "you burnt your hand because you touched the flame orb you dumbass" or "Mooooooom stop messing with my hair ugh enough already!"

It was. You couldn't even pet some Pokemon like Slugma bc the hand would get burnt, and most Pokemon had a spot that made them angry if you touched it.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

The Lord of Hats posted:

I hope they change Slugma/Magcargo's reactions to disappointed sadness.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

The Lord of Hats posted:

It absolutely was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjimllZNii4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LVsQlbk0qI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

they market and sell toys for most pokemon, including the new starters and regular greninja

Where can I get toys of all the starters? I need a Litten.