Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Guardians already have Dragonhunter, so they should just go full Dragoon and get spears on land. Dual wielding torches for a real condition build could be cool maybe? Give that spec a trait that converts light fields into fire fields too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
Guardian warhorn

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Warhorns are dumb. Axes are cool. The coolest possible option would be spear, Anet pls?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

gandlethorpe posted:

*blood-curdling shriek*

God drat I hope this poo poo is true. This is basically exactly what I wanted from the next expansion.

Don't gently caress with me here, leakers.

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

My uncle works for Nintendo and he said poutine is at the top of the food pyramid.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Geekslinger posted:

My uncle works for Nintendo and he said poutine is at the top of the food pyramid.

no it's not, it'll run down the sides and cover everything else

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

no it's not, it'll run down the sides and cover everything else

So a leak in essence?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Harrow posted:

God drat I hope this poo poo is true. This is basically exactly what I wanted from the next expansion.

Don't gently caress with me here, leakers.

My ultimate dream expansion for the game was the Crystal Desert and/or Elona. If this is true, omfg

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

'commander, jormag has moved to the desert'

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
I think we're more likely looking at living story maps than expansion stuff at this point in time. they have said they're at least trying for one new map per episode.

but where's the hydras, anet??????

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.
poo poo! That looks amazing, and it'd be super rad if that was legit. But then I'd also feel even worse for never playing Nightfall. :(

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

nightfall is actually one of the easiest ones to solo due to the hero system. no reason not to try it out

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

neongrey posted:

I think we're more likely looking at living story maps than expansion stuff at this point in time. they have said they're at least trying for one new map per episode.

but where's the hydras, anet??????

I don't even care, the latest living story update was fantastic (Ember Bay is amazing and for the first time in years I cared about the personal story steps) so please Anet feed us more of this

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Oh yeah the work they're doing lately is fantastic, I just like poking holes in supposed leaks.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

CLAM DOWN posted:

I don't even care, the latest living story update was fantastic (Ember Bay is amazing and for the first time in years I cared about the personal story steps) so please Anet feed us more of this

But to be fair, them straight up refusing to make new armors really kills the game for me.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Lyer posted:

But to be fair, them straight up refusing to make new armors really kills the game for me.

Definitely, I don't think anyone is disagreeing with that. I wasn't even thinking about armour.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

why does the leaked screenshot have the (((antisemitic parentheses))) around the mission objectives? anet????

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Mover posted:

why does the leaked screenshot have the (((antisemitic parentheses))) around the mission objectives? anet????

Uh i don't know why you think they're antisemstic and that's really weird, ((parentheses)) around strings in-game mean it's a placeholder/temp string and not the final thing.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

CLAM DOWN posted:

Uh i don't know why you think they're antisemstic and that's really weird, ((parentheses)) around strings in-game mean it's a placeholder/temp string and not the final thing.

is joke friend but: http://nymag.com/selectall/2016/06/understanding-the-alt-rights-jew-parentheses.html

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Oh wtf is nothing sacred anymore

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
Updated my JP and I'm allllmost done with it completely. I've been doing it in parts when I have the time/energy to work on it and while it is a labor of love in an effort to get nerds to explore the guild hall a bit more and appreciate how rad it is, I admit I am kinda running out of decorations/creativity at this point and sorta phoned this part in. This would be part 4 out of 5 and I miiiight redo some of it later. I have some ideas I am thinking to add to it later but it feels too generic, unprofessional and easy atm so I'm not too happy about it.

Anywho feel free to check it out if you wish. Starts below the bridge next to the scribe station building, down by the water. I will also be hiding a new statue later with a nice gold reward for anyone who finds it. No one found the last one for 3g reward so I removed it and the next one will be much harder to find but I am leaning towards a fairly decent gold reward on it, something like 15-25g.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

CLAM DOWN posted:

i was surprised at how they made a blasted hellscape work so well

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

Mover posted:

Guardians already have Dragonhunter, so they should just go full Dragoon and get spears on land. Dual wielding torches for a real condition build could be cool maybe? Give that spec a trait that converts light fields into fire fields too.

I am 100% cool with any or all of this.

I still hold out a foolish hope that since they gave up on underwater combat that they'll implement aquatic weapons on land, at the very least using trident skins as staves (I mean a good 1/3 - 1/2 of trident skins just reused staff skins). Kraitkin was my first and favorite legendary and I miss seeing it. :smith:

Maybe harpoon guns could be rifles (many harpoon guns are reused or slightly modified rifle skins anyways) are and if they aren't going to make spear a proper land weapon then maybe use it as greatsword???? It's a flimsy association but I would still love to see people doing hundred blades with sharkspear.

check out my Youtube fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Oct 4, 2016

Sjonnar
Oct 22, 2011

"Jew parentheses" :allears:

Gonna climb waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out on a limb here and say NYMag probably doesn't know thing one about the alt right or their parentheses.

Also, the only acceptable expansion weapon for ranger is mainhand pistol, so I can run around singing Big Iron.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Sjonnar posted:

Gonna climb waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out on a limb here and say NYMag probably doesn't know thing one about the alt right or their parentheses.

Also, the only acceptable expansion weapon for ranger is mainhand pistol, so I can run around singing Big Iron.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_parentheses

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Sjonnar posted:

you're really late on this, in that way more than that site picked up on it and it's an actual thing that was even supported by a plugin that some people installed to automatically put them around certain names when they popped up on the internet

Sjonnar
Oct 22, 2011

Well I'll be damned. The one guy I asked said that they were echoes, but never indicated why a dude was echoing.

Note that I had to chase through like three links in order to read this from the horse's own mouth, but it's right there on their Lexicon.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

:911:

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
i am the pages-long wikipedia article about twitter beef and obscure podcasts

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

this bunker guardian build is getting several complaints in pvp

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

No cantha no hype

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Xun posted:

No cantha no hype

was it elona or cantha that got leaked? they all look the same to me

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

It was elona so sounds like more poo poo and piss colors.

Roc
Nov 8, 2010
Yea the leak takes place here

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/The_Amnoon_Oasis

The person who took the blurry photo still has a watermark of their email in it.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I really don't think you need to spoiler tag that haha

Also Elona >>>> Cantha xun you animelord

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
Elona owned.

Factions was really fun and had cool areas, but I so thoroughly enjoyed Nightfall. I'm really hoping we get some access to those areas again. Seeing how they've changed over the years is really exciting.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Xun posted:

It was elona so sounds like more poo poo and piss colors.

As opposed to Cantha, the giant slum.

I mean, yeah the Jade Sea was awesome but that city, Jesus.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

CLAM DOWN posted:

I really don't think you need to spoiler tag that haha

Also Elona >>>> Cantha xun you animelord

Nightfall was a better campaign but the starting zone/cityscape/jade sea/petrified forests were cooler locals imo.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Generic Octopus posted:

Nightfall was a better campaign but the starting zone/cityscape/jade sea/petrified forests were cooler locals imo.

Nope disagree, I couldn't get into a single Cantha zone. Nightfall on the other hand I played the poo poo out of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"
Canthian City was terrible in GW1, but vertical space is much more meaningful in GW2. They could do it well this time. Jade sea is a prime highlight that could be a setting on its own, but was mostly sparse areas.

Take me to the Domain of Anguish, take me home.

• Locked thread