Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
...is this episode just Grace? Because I can't hear Dan at all. I'm only 3 minutes in but yeah, no dan

EDIT: Nevermind, five minutes in, Dan comes in.

Krysmphoenix fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Oct 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Krysmphoenix posted:

...is this episode just Grace? Because I can't hear Dan at all. I'm only 3 minutes in but yeah, no dan

Aw christ, I'm not sure how I managed to mess that up. I'll fix it and reupload when I get home :cripes:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Dan go hard on the booster pack. You still got some neat-o poo poo to get like the Metal Gear REX card :getin:

also get rid of some of your armor cards. You're better off dodging if you gently caress up, unless you're heading into a boss fight.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Okay! It's fixed! Now you can hear us scream about anime the whole time. Also here's a preview from Episode 8

https://zippy.gfycat.com/SlipperyNeedyGoa.webm

SSNeoman posted:

also get rid of some of your armor cards. You're better off dodging if you gently caress up, unless you're heading into a boss fight.

I did some deck optimization between episodes 5 and 6, since 6 is a new session. Passwords were involved, that's all I'll say.

Danaru fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Oct 4, 2016

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
So I noticed your audio was missing, Dan, but... I was sort of listening on the way to work, so I completely forgot after your audio kicked in. (thanks for making my commute good.)

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Danaru posted:

Okay! It's fixed! Now you can hear us scream about anime the whole time.

drat, I missed the good version!

I kid, I kid

I'm appreciating this, because the one time I tried playing MGA I got bored before the end of the Teliko segment at the very front of the game.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Metal Gear Acid Episode 5 - Hans Davis

As much as I like this game, it gets extremely rude with the whole "okay we stopped your movement halfway so you could have a cutscene, hope you pocketed a second move card!"

Fun fact: when we record I keep my window closed because I live in a trailer park, so everyone's packed in tight and I don't want to bug people during yellin' time. The computer equipment tends to heat the room up real quick since it's fairly small, so I slap in the window fan between episodes. Episode 4 and 5 were recorded as one video and I split them during editing. :saddowns: It was very hot.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
So I think the real summary of this so far is "Snake's portable adventures are loving insane," considering there's Ghost Babel, Ac!d 1 and 2, Portable Ops, Peace Walker and Metal Gear Mobile. Speaking of which, I think we all know what we have to do to make this thread as great as possible: we need to send Dan an N-Gage or other compatible phone, Metal Gear Mobile, and a means to record the footage as Christmas presents.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Accidental Ghost Babel call back from tomorrow's Acid episode

https://fat.gfycat.com/LittleOblongBaleenwhale.webm

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Is it bad that I'm reflexively getting angry at sudden 180 camera turns while maneuvering missiles, even in a turn based game?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
To be fair, I was the one who turned the camera, I just forgot that the up button on my old-rear end 360 controller is super sensitive :(

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Danaru posted:

To be fair, I was the one who turned the camera, I just forgot that the up button on my old-rear end 360 controller is super sensitive :(

Ooooh, I'm getting flashbacks to every aging 360 controller I've ever had. Where the left stick develops a tendency to go "Hey, let's go slightly to the left when you are trying to make precise movements!" in games with less than notable deadzone programming.

Always the left stick, always slight dead zone issues to the left. Note to self get back to Replaying Cave Story + with my still relatively fresh controller.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Yeah this game is real loving talky. Though you might not wanna skip as much when Gary's talking cause you missed some foreshadowing from Snake.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Metal Gear Acid Episode 6 - Xmeight

I hope the architect who designed BRC-026 got shot when all this went down. Also if you're one of the three people on the planet who understands the Interference mechanic, watch how I manage to consistently screw up every possible equip placement.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Teliko clearly isn't dressed for punching robots

Also, Bonk was totally worth it.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Metal Gear Acid Episode 7 - Philosophy Class

We find Doctor Flemming! And he talks forever.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Someone say something about third party voters? :v:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
If you could get Dogtags in Acid you know Dan would drat well have gotten them :colbert:

(Unless it was complete loving bullshit no amount of booze would make funny)

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

And yeah Dan, America has a Green party but...we don't talk about them. They don't come up much.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Section Z posted:

If you could get Dogtags in Acid you know Dan would drat well have gotten them :colbert:

(Unless it was complete loving bullshit no amount of booze would make funny)

I've proven myself extremely resistant to unfun bullshit :negative:

SSNeoman posted:

And yeah Dan, America has a Green party but...we don't talk about them. They don't come up much.

I was surprised considering our Green Party nearly closed up shop in my province because no one really cared a whole lot for them. It doesn't help that their leader is really christian, anti-abortion, and while she hasn't said anything about gay folk, we're all a little nervous since it's hard not to extrapolate from there.

Also I find it hilarious that you got red texted for that considering we expressed pretty much the exact same viewpoint :v: In a perfect world of course all parties would have a chance, but as 2016 has proven we are far from living in a perfect world.

I miss the Patriots :(

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Suddenly, out of nowhere, the giant robots and the anime chat have combined forces.

100 Foot Robot Golf S01E01- Dan vs Grace! Yes! Let's Rule The World!

This is easily one of my favourite games of 2016, enough that I used it's own banner instead of the usual side ops one. It's on PSN and if you don't own it yet, Grace and I are very disappointed in you :colbert:

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Let's Play! > I'm no rookie! Let's play the whole drat Metal Gear Solid series! EVERYTHING EVER [OPEN SPOILERS]

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
Hey I own this game don't be disappointed just play more golf

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Llab posted:

Hey I own this game don't be disappointed just play more golf

Oh it's not a complaint, friend. Any game that pits Dan against Grace and makes Dan angry is a good game IMO.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Danaru posted:

Also I find it hilarious that you got red texted for that considering we expressed pretty much the exact same viewpoint :v: In a perfect world of course all parties would have a chance, but as 2016 has proven we are far from living in a perfect world.

I got it from posting in this thread in D&D: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3793404

If you ever see a redtext with this dude as the pic, it was given by an angry D&D goon. (If you're curious, the dude is a man with Down's Syndrome who protested Ann Coulter's use of the word "retard")

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE

Neurion posted:

Oh it's not a complaint, friend. Any game that pits Dan against Grace and makes Dan angry is a good game IMO.

Sorry, I was aiming that at Dan. I was just saying that more golf is good, especially if he gets more people in on it.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Sorry Grace, but you're the one holding him down and making Dan looking bad at games. Maybe he's actually great at games.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

Danaru posted:

Let's Play Metal Gear Acid Episode 7 - Philosophy Class

We find Doctor Flemming! And he talks forever.

Dual Destinies and Spirit of Justice are both digital-only outside of Japan. The Layton crossover got a physical release, but probably only due to Level 5's involvement with that.

The supposed reason AAI2 never got an official localization is that the dev team split up right after finishing up the Japanese version of AAI2, so they couldn't do any dev work for an English version. It's a rather flimsy reason if you ask me, but whatever, we got a solid fan-translation now.

Also pro tip for Grace: When you boot a DS game on the 3DS, you can hold Start or Select to make the game display in the original DS resolution instead of having it scale up to the 3DS resolution. Makes the image smaller, but much crisper.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Metal Gear Acid Episode 8 - Dan Surprise

Watch in this episode as Grace goes from sober to blackout drunk over the course of one glass of Baileys. Also Teliko has a terrible time here.

I also ran into some sync issues for this one since our connection wasn't very good. It's only really noticeable during the end.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
"Surprise, Americans! I'm an Anime who was in a cheerleading squad!"

Leone- 2016.

Also, I found this super secret cut footage of Teliko gameplay.

https://youtu.be/NJhGfjW1-fA?t=1m7s

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Metal Gear Acid Episode 9 - The Episode of Successes

I sorta want to give Grace grief for only learning a really basic game mechanic like, over four hours in, but considering how the rest of the episode goes...

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Further proof that we Dan would be right at home in EDF.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Section Z posted:

Further proof that we Dan would be right at home in EDF.

Rude :colbert: Not incorrect, but rude

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Metal Gear Acid Episode 10 - Hat Hat Hat

This game is exceptionally rude, but I still like it.

This is also the last MGA episode we've got in the bank, but we have a surprise lined up for the next video!

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Yeah that was the foreshadowing I was talking about. You guys skipped over the line where Snake talked about being able to smell "perfume", which is supposed to clue you in that Teliko wasn't who she said she was.

Cannot wait for the next part :allears:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play MGS2 Substance Episode 10 - A Tale of Snake

Substance is back, baby! We played through the entirety of Snake Tales, and poo poo gets weird.

pick-e
Aug 10, 2014
Snake is looking good in Acid and the music sounds good too. That said 10 episodes in and I still have no clue what any of the numbers on the screen mean. Some of the things in the game really bug me. Like having to stop on an item to collect it, although that doesn't apply to spinning guns? Why do you have to end the mission to put hats in your inventory when in a previous one you could pick up a gun and use it? Oh and just to confirm: you're getting D and C ranks since they stand for Dan and Chris, right? It's a branding thing?

Substance is back and wackier than ever? Yes!!

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Hilariously there is an argument to be made that some of the Snake Tales are canon to alternate timeline stuff, mostly because of Dr. Kappelthorne.

EDIT: Also IIRC all the Snake Tales are on Hard difficulty so...

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Nov 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play MGS2 Substance Episode 10 - Drunk American History

Snake Tales takes uh, a couple canon liberties. On the other hand, the Big Shell being a front for uh, that, is a lot simpler than what actually happened.

SSNeoman posted:

EDIT: Also IIRC all the Snake Tales are on Hard difficulty so...

Just you fuckin' wait