Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I don't know why anyone is thinking Cantha is coming, clearly we're going towards the desert and Elona, it says Amnoon Oasis right in the leaked screenshot :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

CLAM DOWN posted:

I don't know why anyone is thinking Cantha is coming, clearly we're going towards the desert and Elona, it says Amnoon Oasis right in the leaked screenshot :confused:

It's been pretty clear that Elona is next on the list for ages; Cantha is wishful thinking.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Nightfall was the better campaign, but Factions had the better locales by far. Nothing compares to the glory of Echovald Forest.

The best region in Nightfall wasn't even in Elona, c'mon.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
Didn't they say that Cantha just wasn't going to happen anytime in the foreseeable future?

I hope it never comes back so the Japanophiles and Anime Lovers are resigned to jerkin' it to their dumb looking female characters running around in nearly-nude armors or just straight up underwear.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nickhimself posted:

I hope it never comes back so the Japanophiles and Anime Lovers are resigned to jerkin' it to their dumb looking female characters running around in nearly-nude armors or just straight up underwear.

so 75% of goon MMO players

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

CLAM DOWN posted:

Nope disagree, I couldn't get into a single Cantha zone. Nightfall on the other hand I played the poo poo out of.

Yea, gently caress forests and seas and mountains and actual cities, gimme some brown on brown, with shades of brown. Only way I can get off is if all I can see is poo poo.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Waci posted:

Yea, gently caress forests and seas and mountains and actual cities, gimme some brown on brown, with shades of brown. Only way I can get off is if all I can see is poo poo.

this but unironically

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Just plaster asurabutt.jpg all over and rename it to the Ammoon Oasis

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Generic Octopus posted:

It's been pretty clear that Elona is next on the list for ages; Cantha is wishful thinking.

Just like tengu.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Cantha had great variety in its environments, but wasn't too fun to actually explore. Kaineng especially was torture to navigate in GW1, but would be sooooo awesome translated to GW2's engine. Actually, every zone in Cantha would translate well to GW2 and while feeling unique.

Elona was much more polished but got a little repeptitive with the desert landscapes, even if there were slightly different colors of desert available. The real highlight of Nightfall was the amazing architecture scattered across maps. And that would work out really well in GW2, whereas in GW1, buildings were mostly giant props.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

nickhimself posted:

Wow racism AND sexism in the same post! I better dress my characters like nuns because some dude on the Internet is outraged by my clothing choices :allears:

Good to see that attitude is encouraged as long as it applies to Asians and things you're insecure about!

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
More recent product was more polished, therefore it was also thematically better despite the theme being literally sand.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
"General

Something unusual is happening at Gillscale Pond."

Kralkatorrik/Elona confirmed. Leak is real. Get hyped.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Xun posted:

Wow racism AND sexism in the same post! I better dress my characters like nuns because some dude on the Internet is outraged by my clothing choices :allears:

Good to see that attitude is encouraged as long as it applies to Asians and things you're insecure about!

uh, making fun of nerds jerking it over anime is offensive all of a sudden? Is this SA still or did I misclick somewhere

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
That's clearly waifuist. gently caress off back to stormfront.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

CLAM DOWN posted:

uh, making fun of nerds jerking it over anime is offensive all of a sudden? Is this SA still or did I misclick somewhere

Everything is racist, sexist, and -phobic. Please check your privilege and my trigger warnings before posting.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

CLAM DOWN posted:

Yeah sorry for getting offended about all Asian things being Japanese. I mean, we're all the same right? I should stop being uppity and accept what white people think about my culture!

Edit: who wants some Kung pao chicken sushi with a side of kimchi? That's what I eat every day! With chopsticks!

Xun fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Oct 4, 2016

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Xun posted:

I'd rather have vaguely sterotypical asia than vaguely sterotypical northern africa, myself

all of the classes were cool, though

but spears suck

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS

Xun posted:

You're an idiot

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Xun posted:

Yeah sorry for getting offended about all Asian things being Japanese. I mean, we're all the same right? I should stop being uppity and accept what white people think about my culture!

Edit: who wants some Kung pao chicken sushi with a side of kimchi? That's what I eat every day! With chopsticks!

Holy hell, chill out xun.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

I'd rather have vaguely sterotypical asia than vaguely sterotypical northern africa, myself

all of the classes were cool, though

but spears suck

Yea but didn't you know if you don't instinctively hate everything Asia-related because you can't tell people of other races apart you're actually masturbating to anime figurines RIGHT NOW

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I am not.

Also spears rule

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Xun posted:

what white people think about my culture!

How dare you assume our collective ethnic identity. You monster.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Generic Octopus posted:

Everything is racist, sexist, and -phobic. Please check your privilege and my trigger warnings before posting.

Yea loving SJWs why can't they go back to a kitchen in their own country and make me a sammich but without none of that furein poo poo on it

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Holy gently caress, everyone shut up and talk about guild wars instead

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

CLAM DOWN posted:

Holy gently caress, everyone shut up and talk about guild wars instead

Cantha rules, Elona drools.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

I liked Cantha because I fuckin love wuxia movies.

That I also own a haruhi statue because of a joke several years back is inconsequential, OKAY

also help, arus is triggering me by saying spears rule

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
But once upon a time Guild Wars had something Asian-y-looking in it, are you sure we can talk about it without diluting the thread's purity

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Welp guess my concerns about this poo poo is totally invalid because I'm a ~sjw~. How dare I get pissed off about racism with a side of telling women how to dress!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

also help, arus is triggering me by saying spears rule

Dude, the paragon was the best class. I like that the guardian has the same shout stuff now, but man I wish we could use spears on land in GW2

e: oh my god just stop please

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
I so hope everyone gets axes cause astralaris is awesome but nobody uses axes seriously on any class.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

CLAM DOWN posted:

Dude, the paragon was the best class. I like that the guardian has the same shout stuff now, but man I wish we could use spears on land in GW2

This is a good opinion.

CLAM DOWN posted:

We must secure the sandiness of our people and a future for Elonian children

This is not.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Waci posted:

But once upon a time Guild Wars had something Asian-y-looking in it, are you sure we can talk about it without diluting the thread's purity

the idea of people getting weird about asian influences in regards to guild wars is weird to me because the series has had them from day 1

that said, i like elona way more although some cantha locations were alright

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

malhavok posted:

nobody uses axes seriously

Wow way to dismiss my culture

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

malhavok posted:

I so hope everyone gets axes cause astralaris is awesome but nobody uses axes seriously on any class.

Revenant?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Waci posted:

This is a good opinion.

This is not.

"I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere" -Anakin Skywalker Waci, 19??

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
I accept rocks and minerals of all cultures and levels of coarseness.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Please don't slutshame men who create pale female humans and wear the armor with the least coverage.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

CLAM DOWN posted:

e: oh my god just stop please

I'll admit paragon was a neat class if you accept dervish supremacy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
Add both places. Problems solved and racism is now over. I did it I did the thing yay me.

• Locked thread