Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

trilljester posted:

Carrier-locked to Verizon too, correct?
sounds like you can still get unlocked ones from google

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
okay, this vr stuff is total garbage.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The Management posted:

yeah, it's vr

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

The Management posted:

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

3d
curved screens
vr

ugh none of these gimmicks are working don't these people know what's good for them

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Maybe we just need to get all of them into one product??

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

The Management posted:

i thought goons liked eve-o

don't you want your stationary shooting game where you're a turret among literally thousands of them that all use computer aim in the game and no human input, but in this game it does

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
this google alexa is a google alexa

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
"with that I'd like to say goodbye to everyone joining us on the live stream" *stream immediately cuts out*

BennyGsGhost
Jun 27, 2002

Low P/B or Bust
Pillbug
unremarkable products introduced with a fart, stream ends with a whimper

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

did they ever officially kill the onhub or is it just limping along

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

from Android Police:

quote:

http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/10/04/google-asks-routers-announces-google-wifi-129/
How's your OnHub doing? Still pretty much the same as it was a year ago? Yeah, me too. Google never pushed many updates to the OnHub, which was supposed to be a hub of home automation. Hell, the USB port still doesn't work. The OnHub isn't dead, but Google is clearly moving on with the announcement of Google WiFi. This networking solution takes more of a mesh approach to cover your home, rather than using a single unit with a bunch of fancy antennas.

OnHub was a single router for the whole house. With Google WiFi, the idea is that you'll buy more than one. They connect to each other in mesh network, allowing for optimal coverage in your home. That's great if you've got a big house or just an old one with thick walls that kill WiFi signals. The system will move your connection from one router to another as you move around.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

The Management posted:

unlocked version available on their website. good luck getting support if it breaks, though.
just take it to your local google store and have them fix it or swap it :shrug:

quote:

Hell, the USB port still doesn't work
lomarf

googles track record on hardware is actually worse than apples record with web services

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
the most lmao pixel spec: 100% NTSC color space

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Perplx posted:

:eyepop:

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
this was the event Google executives expect we will all be talking about years from now.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

pfft. it wasn't even bad enough to be memorable. bitch is coasting on institutional inertia at this point

"I'll never forget when that guy dropped the VR headset remote..." :allears:

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Perplx posted:

people in europe must be thrilled

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

the google assistant is pixelphone only. not even nexuses will get it

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

quote:

In order to truly compete with Apple, Google will have to step up its customer support game. When something goes wrong with your iPhone, you go to the Apple Store. When you need help with the Pixel, you’ll open up the settings and hit the support tab. Google is running a 24-hour chat and phone support service — and when you call in, you can opt to show the rep your screen so they can walk you through whatever’s going wrong.

"google i cracked my screen"
"looks fine to me!"

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
MISSED the live stream kuz of my class but watched the phone part rn and it was alright. surprised how aggressive and snarky they were, kind of out of character for google but refreshing i guess. anywayts, the google assistant seems to be all the old Google Now poo poo rolled into one, including the oft-ignored Google On Tap which nobody every used. Long story short ive always thot those assistant features were retarded and useless but whatever lol. phone looks cool. not going to replace my 6P quite yet tho. the pixel promo vid was cool, wonder if theyre gonna run it.

watching the video for the daydream vr it appears to be literally a viewmaster with sweat pants on. suits my needs i guess.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

reminder that the google onhub doesn't support ipv6 because they didn't spring for a dedicated routing ASIC so all the routing is done in software so it doesn't have the power or memory to do ipv6 apparently.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
ive come to terms with letting google spy me in exchange for good free services but the idea that id buy bugged hardware from them is ridiculous

talking mostly about the echo clone and the router but it also applies to the phone

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
oh good, the new google router works good with chromecast. ill buy one now. ftw. im poised to start poisoning the ai. ok google., pull up the pic of pepe as a ss guy with wojaks balls as a necklace on my tv. (cant find this pic anymore btw, if ne1 has...)

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Perplx posted:

not at all shabby actually but lol to cite ntsc instead of something anyone actually uses

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Sagebrush posted:

reminder that the google onhub doesn't support ipv6 because they didn't spring for a dedicated routing ASIC so all the routing is done in software so it doesn't have the power or memory to do ipv6 apparently.

the no room for ipv6 thing was a joke i made like four days ago but it does do all the routing in software and is extremely slow for it

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
omg what color base to get

initial thought:

mango: color of mango sentinal from marvel. very cool
teal: best color from star craft
purple: color of electricity and magic. hard to reists this pick.
white: We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children
black: slimming and always in style
copper: matches my pots

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

purple for sure

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
think ima get copper. my apartment is all "light wood color" from ikea you know etc that color. "birch effect"

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

purple for sure

drat.... gently caress!!! wasnt expecting contrary opinions.... gently caress!!!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

atomicthumbs posted:

the no room for ipv6 thing was a joke i made like four days ago but it does do all the routing in software and is extremely slow for it

well it was a convincing statement

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
the copper is a little "persian / armenian" feeling mabe. nothing wrong wiht that of course, im a big fan of my armenian brothers and sister. i do have a GOLD PHONE after all...

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

copper is good imo

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
I already have a red-orange glazed ceramic cereal bowl from Wal-Mart, so I want to avoid matchy-matchy.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i feel like the white one is gonna get filthy. i got mad dust in my home. it is crazy how fast it gets filthy. #windows_open #let_them_bugs_in

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
i like the teal one.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

at the date posted:

I already have a red-orange glazed ceramic cereal bowl from Wal-Mart, so I want to avoid matchy-matchy.

nice humble brag you loving piece of poo poo!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
wot are the best samrt lights to pair with this mother fucker. aslo a smart plug kuz 1 of my lights is a halogen bulb on a cool armature thing. need 1x bulb 1x plug

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

atomicthumbs posted:

not at all shabby actually but lol to cite ntsc instead of something anyone actually uses

where is pagencow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
hey what happened to the smart house thred

• Locked thread