Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

ALFbrot posted:

I would name a Dartrix "Hedgelord" if I ever decided to gently caress up my beautiful pokedex by having one

Gotta catch 'em all, bucko.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

mabels big day posted:

Would anyone object if we just kind of brushed mega stones under the rug and pretend they dont exist for all of competitive gen 7

Yes because there are plenty of cool and good megas like M-Pinsir and I'd hate to not be able to use them.

Two really rotten apples are spoiling the bunch.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
ash greninja is still really stupid and i was really hoping the rumor about it being in was bogus. maybe it'll be gen 7 only like spiky eared pichu was gen 4 only and we can all forget about it someday.

bring back spiky eared pichu btw

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Also bring back flying Pikachu and surfing pikachu

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm surprised so many people care that there's a Greninja that kinda looks like Ash because of something that happened in the anime.

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

FishBulb posted:

Gunna laugh real hard when the finals are nothing like the leaks

:same:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I'm surprised so many people care that there's a Greninja that kinda looks like Ash because of something that happened in the anime.

But, you see, if I don't hate on anything that is related to Ash then my MLG WCS Gaming Creed will go down. Red 4 Lyfe. No I didn't post anything about hoping Ash would win the league shutup

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

is Ash going to be in the demo though? does he give you his greninja

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
You'll get it from the Pokemon Center delivery lady. Ash-Greninja was captured by team rocket, turned into data, cloned and then sent out to children everywhere. The Pokemon Centers are in on it.

They even had a ditto replace Ash in the show.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Kelp Plankton posted:

is Ash going to be in the demo though? does he give you his greninja

It's implied from one of the screens that he gives it to you but we won't know until the 18th. I wouldn't be too surprised if that's the case, his outfit for SM is basically a recoloring of the MC's, all they'd need is a model with spiky hair and a face texture that includes those lines on his cheeks.

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

I wish they would have included Misty's suspenders and shirt as a clothing bonus for downloading instead of Ashy-face Greninja :(

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
I haven't checked out the news yet, but I did just beat the Hoenn E4 for the first time in OR. I just have some gushy notes on how good OR is.

I loved how a lot of it fit together thematically, especially many of the changes versus past remakes. For example, right AFTER Groudon fucks poo poo up is when the national dex is available. I had a hunch, no one even told me in game. I just loved the idea that a catastrophic event is what caused all the foreign species to start showing up AND it all happens before you have to fight the E4.

Trekking Victory Road and seeing trainers have a bunch of those pokemon was pretty cool too. Dunno why E4 members still had multiple of the same species, but whatever.

Wally having a Gallade instead of a Gardevoir this time made a lot of sense. Gallade felt like his knight, to me. I thought that was cool. Incidentally, I fought Gallade with my Gardevoir.

Those are my notes.

edit: Oh yeah, and secret post-credits battle is neat.

Lupus Rufus fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Oct 4, 2016

Stalgren
Mar 22, 2006

Charizard Go!
I like the direction the owl is going

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

SyntheticPolygon posted:

i just think pokemon/trainer fusions are the lamest "we're out of ideas" thing

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

absolutely anything posted:

Good thing they're only doing one as an anime tie-in.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Good thing they're only doing one as an anime tie-in.

actually, you'll need to fuse with your starters to make them reach stage 3

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Yes because there are plenty of cool and good megas like M-Pinsir and I'd hate to not be able to use them.

Two really rotten apples are spoiling the bunch.

Mega Pinsir, Mega Beedrill, Mega Charizards, Mega Venasaur, Mega Lopunny... everything else either is too busted, not needed, or not good enough

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Ruggington posted:

actually, you'll need to fuse with your starters to make them reach stage 3

I'm not that good at singing and I think i'd just hold my Brionne back though. :(

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Ash would be getting rid of greninja anyway when he moves to Alola so being the person he gives it to is kinda neat. I like the tie-in.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

SyntheticPolygon posted:

New Trailer

Demo's out on October 18!!!

How I feel right now is...
Whoopee!

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I'm not that good at singing and I think i'd just hold my Brionne back though. :(

Luckily, you can just dance to fuse!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

spirit fusion rules

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

mabels big day posted:

Mega Pinsir, Mega Beedrill, Mega Charizards, Mega Venasaur, Mega Lopunny... everything else either is too busted, not needed, or not good enough

honestly even pinsir, charizard, and lop are pushing it

mega blastoise is a good, fun one

aggron too

Ruggington fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Oct 4, 2016

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Good thing it's not a fusion then

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

oddium posted:

spirit fusion rules

It's so incredibly dumb

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The fusion is Ultra Beasts.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I think it's a bad look for gamefreak to include pokemon/human interbreeding and blackface in their childrens game, but I guess they think they can get away with anything after pokemon go

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Blackheart posted:

The fusion is Ultra Beasts.

Thankfully Ultra Beasts are very specifically not pokemon.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

It's not what this is and thats not as dumb as digivolving pokemon.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

mabels big day posted:

All megas are good

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012
So I was pretty set on Rowlet as my Starter, and mid evo still makes it a strong case. But mid-evo Litten is adorable. When it kneads the ground! I may go with it and try and find an ever stone. Popplio is alright. 3rd form may make it worth while- but I will, like always, try and grab all 3 as soon as possible.

I hope they release maybe 1 or 2 new mega evos along with ash-greninja. Or maybe they'll throw us a surprise and come other with another ash-pokemon? wouldn't be as excited about it bc its totally not worth the ability slot.

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

I think it's a bad look for gamefreak to include pokemon/human interbreeding and blackface in their childrens game, but I guess they think they can get away with anything after pokemon go

I don't have any clue what you are referencing with blackface? and ash-greninja isn't interbreeding. Its greninja totally thinking, for some reason, that ash is cool enough to mimic.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pokemon Yellow was literally "let's remake Pokemon R/B to be more like the anime" and people seemed down with that so Ash-Greninja doesn't surprise me much.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Forums are hosed up right now, huh?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Pokemon Yellow was literally "let's remake Pokemon R/B to be more like the anime" and people seemed down with that so Ash-Greninja doesn't surprise me much.

i want them to do it again tbh, but it probably wouldn't be as cool to me since i don't watch the children's tv show anymore

so i guess what i really want is a remake of yellow itself

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

It's not what this is and thats not as dumb as digivolving pokemon.

Monster fusion is the worst gimmick from the dumbest season of digimon.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Forums are hosed up right now, huh?
I know people aren't taking too well to Ash-Greninja but it doesn't mean the entire forum is hosed up.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Golden Goat posted:

What is everybody gonna name their starter?

Killer Queen

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

CuddlyZombie posted:

Killer Queen

'2BA Master'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Improbable Lobster posted:

Monster fusion is the worst gimmick from the dumbest season of digimon.

I hated Frontier too but thankfully all that poo poo is in Re:BURST and not in the actual games.