Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ambious
Sep 29, 2016

Hail Hoots!

Now this is the quality poo poo I paid 10$ for!
*goes on to partypartypartyparty*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
The only way it could be better is if when you hit MAXIMUM PARTY it dropped a beat behind it.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
So the NationStates forum discovered the episode about them.

They are pissed. DCMA threats are being discussed over there.

EDIT: Needless to say, the Prime Directive is in operation. Do not poke the exhibits.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Oct 5, 2016

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
"Campbell v Acuff-Rose, Lenz v UMG, go away."

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
When are the recordings of F Plus Live 5 gonna be posted?

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
According to Mique on ballp.it, most likely later this week if he doesn't end up having to do tons of his dayjob.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

It would be even better if when you hit MAXIMUM PARTY is dropped a beat that lasted as long as you kept clicking.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

pulp rag posted:

According to Mique on ballp.it, most likely later this week if he doesn't end up having to do tons of his dayjob.

Copy that

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Wow, a whole coalition of nations brought together in order to take out The F-Plus. Truly inspirational for Finland

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
The idea of the leaders of all those hardcore free market free speech no censorship countries pulling a complete 180 and deciding to file a DMCA against people who uttered hurtful words against them is both hilarious and totally expected.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

EDIT: Needless to say, the Prime Directive is in operation. Do not poke the exhibits.

I~m not interested in poking them, but would you link that thread?

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

sout posted:

I've got one friend who listens to the show now, but what would you guys say are the go-to episodes for a new listener? Because not every episode is a good introductory one.
Hope I'm not too late to this PARTY, but 76 and 90 have been received very well in my experience. 155 is also great for how much F+ ground it covers (especially the poetry).

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Sham bam bamina! posted:

155 is also great for how much F+ ground it covers (especially the poetry).

Same with the foot fetish episode (Snoot by the foot)

The boots - foots rhyme always makes me laugh.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Snoot by the Foot is a really tough listen though, I wouldn't recommend that to a newbie at all.

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

I'm surprised nobody's suggested any of the WikiHow episodes as a great starting point. I can speak from experience that those episodes are what really got my brother into the podcast myself.

Bunnybread
Feb 16, 2012

Trying not to get too disgusting so we can skip buglovin and adult babies.

I don't think the Waifu episode (74) was all THAT gross, though.
If legit tinfoil hat poo poo makes you cringe then skip 50. Otherwise, hell yes.
If you're lactose intolerant then maybe skip 58 due to butter content.
Cheevos #130 is needed for everyone.
#41 lovely movie scripts which was good clean fun for all involved.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
The F-List episode is one of my favorite episodes because despite the extreme content the fact that it's all 100% make-believe and isn't pretending to be anything more makes it one of the more harmless episodes out there despite the cum golems and boy meat and warriors trained from birth to eat poo poo.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Trash Boat posted:

I'm surprised nobody's suggested any of the WikiHow episodes as a great starting point. I can speak from experience that those episodes are what really got my brother into the podcast myself.

WikiHow is like a sampler platter of stupidity, agreed with starting with one of those is never a bad bet. Though the clip show is still the best episode to get a taste for the different flavors of Internet weirdness the FPlus deals in.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Guy Mann posted:

The F-List episode is one of my favorite episodes because despite the extreme content the fact that it's all 100% make-believe and isn't pretending to be anything more makes it one of the more harmless episodes out there despite the cum golems and boy meat and warriors trained from birth to eat poo poo.

my favorite was the one dude who's entire profile was very, very clearly all just LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY D&D CHARACTER

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Bunnybread posted:

If you're lactose intolerant then maybe skip 58 due to butter content.

IT LOOKS LIKE POO-POO :btroll:

Seriously though, Bunnybread, your Paula Dean impression is a national treasure. I love that episode :D

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Problem with starting someone out on the not-gross episodes is that sooner or later they'll run into something that is gross and not be ready for it.

Dickbugs first.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Bunnybread posted:

#41 lovely movie scripts which was good clean fun for all involved.

Agreed, this and the waterfall volcano lady are among my favorites, the episodes are innocent, and the material is great.

Also, the recipes episodes would be great for new listeners too, since everybody understands about food.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
The God Wives episode was the perfect mixture of crazy and not-gross in my opinion.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Guys... guys guys guys

Kumquat is recording an Extra Credit ep tomorrow!

Dylan16807
May 12, 2010

McGlockenshire posted:

Oh also it keeps partying in the background if the tab loses focus, only slower

This is beautiful.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Alaois posted:

my favorite was the one dude who's entire profile was very, very clearly all just LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY D&D CHARACTER

PAEEEEEER KRISTA!

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

ManMythLegend posted:

The God Wives episode was the perfect mixture of crazy and not-gross in my opinion.
It ends revoltingly, though.

(There's also a bit of a Bad Dragon tangent in one of the first readings, but it pales in comparison.)

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Oct 6, 2016

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

steinrokkan posted:

I~m not interested in poking them, but would you link that thread?

https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=390410

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Ahaha. "Yeah, fly away trolls, we're not owned! We're not owned!"

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Hm, I've read a couple pages, and they seem to be taking it in good spirits, except for those who say the podcast is boring.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013
I like the people who think the F Plus is responsible for thousands of new troll nations :laffo:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

my girlfriend is Legos posted:

I like the people who think the F Plus is responsible for thousands of new troll nations :laffo:

later in one of the admins says it wasn't F Plus but rather Reddit posting about them that did it and I think he meant it as a source of pride

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

steinrokkan posted:

Hm, I've read a couple pages, and they seem to be taking it in good spirits, except for those who say the podcast is boring.

Yeah, they don't seem that fussed honestly and the ones who are unhappy with the """"critique"""" are quite dry about it.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

hoobajoo posted:

WikiHow is like a sampler platter of stupidity, agreed with starting with one of those is never a bad bet. Though the clip show is still the best episode to get a taste for the different flavors of Internet weirdness the FPlus deals in.

You probably shouldn't start with the wikihow episode that opens up with the courtesy pee

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

You probably shouldn't start with the wikihow episode that opens up with the courtesy pee

What are you talking about, I start all my conversations with a courtesy pee.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Football Congress is in session. :dance:

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Episode 229: The Space in Our Planet featuring The Intern!

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
is that... is that kristen schaal?

it sounds a lot like kristen schaal.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Chelb posted:

is that... is that kristen schaal?

it sounds a lot like kristen schaal.

I never thought about it before but…no they barely sound similar.

It's Anna Rubinova from Left Handed Radio, I'm pretty sure. I don't quite get the anonymity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

That Old Tree posted:

I never thought about it before but…no they barely sound similar.

It's Anna Rubinova from Left Handed Radio, I'm pretty sure. I don't quite get the anonymity.

huh... I guess my ears are playing some weird tricks on me. First time that's happened!