Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Maybe Ms Beakman finally bit the big one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
Maybe TJ tried to make up for that Zubat with a nice new Rattata.

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

If Yiffin or Ms. Beakman bought the farm I'm declaring a national day of mourning

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Watching this series got me back into Pokemon Y after I put it down...I dunno, probably a month after it came out? I was picking up from roughly where he was in the last video, and assuming he loses one or two of his current team in the next installment....it doesn't matter at all, because the Fairy gym is going to be the end of this series, no matter what.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I did a whole Y Nuzlocke a bit after the last video went up (my first Nuzlocke!) and that was fun despite the awful-even-for-pokemon story. I lost all my boys at the Champion's last Pokemon due to a bad strategy. But Griffin seems to be a better trainer anyways.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Pokemon X/Y's story is so insane it's great

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I, uh, spent more time on this than I'm willing to admit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkkpL--0O9I

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Asiina posted:

ahaha, excellent.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Asiina posted:

Nice!

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

So it's blatantly obvious that if Nick were a pokemon he'd be this new owl fellow. But what of Griffin? For my money, I'll take Gulpin.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Roach Warehouse posted:

So it's blatantly obvious that if Nick were a pokemon he'd be this new owl fellow. But what of Griffin? For my money, I'll take Gulpin.

I mean they call him Ditto for a reason.
(not because he's a Pokémon but don't ruin my fanfic)

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Cause he loves Rush Limbaugh

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Asiina posted:

I saw this exact post on the facebook group and it took me a good minute to realise it was more likely that you'd posted it there too and less likely that two people had made identical videos and posted them with identical comments.

I need sleep.

Also, the video was incredible :)

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Well, here it is.

Pray for Ms Beakman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dz2aUfV8Oi8

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
If Ms Beakman bites it everyone needs to level up a Pidgeot, name it ms Beakman, and wonder trade on the days he records.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Goddamn you Griffin Mcelroy, yiffin would have outsped heliolisk

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

iajanus posted:

I saw this exact post on the facebook group and it took me a good minute to realise it was more likely that you'd posted it there too and less likely that two people had made identical videos and posted them with identical comments.

I need sleep.

Also, the video was incredible :)

Hah, yeah that was me on the group. I was mad I didn't think of the Hamilton one Lin ended up using so I needed to step my game up.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Asiina posted:

Well, here it is.

Pray for Ms Beakman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dz2aUfV8Oi8

so how come wonder trade isn't in 10 - 15 level tiers, or some other matchmaking system?

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

well why not posted:

so how come wonder trade isn't in 10 - 15 level tiers, or some other matchmaking system?

Cause there are other trade systems that do that. The point of Wonder Trade is you have no idea what could happen.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Glad Griffin posted something more cheerful after that nuzlocke

https://twitter.com/griffinmcelroy/status/783673046871572480

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Good night, sweet prince/and flights of Pelippers sing thee to thy rest

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

It's a gamechanger

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cZqRzHnI8s

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
I got really frustrated watching that Nuzlocke video, but looking it up afterwards, I see that Heliolisk can know Quick Attack so maybe that's why he didn't just paste it with Yiffin before sacrificing Hammertime to the gods.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

The right move was to keep fighting and trust Yiffin, the other right move was to trust Jean Ralphio even more since he's immune to thunderbolt and strong enough to eat any other move, but tensions were super high and Griffin was sure he was about to lose his starter so I understand why he couldn't think straight.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

ffffffff HAMMERTIME WAS WEARING AN ITEM WHEN HE WAS RELEASED

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

Stroop There It Is posted:

ffffffff HAMMERTIME WAS WEARING AN ITEM WHEN HE WAS RELEASED

Not, like.. a good one.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Holy crap I've never heard of this movie and I'm intrigued. Also, is this Johnathan Banks' inspiration for Mike in Breaking Bad?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

He should really give that Roselia a shot. It had a modest nature and Giga Drain at level 1? Definitely somebody wonder trading their breeding rejects. 7 special attack? It probably has 4 or 5 maxed IVs. That's gonna be a real fine Pokemon.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I'm still stunned he actually thought switching in a Scraggy as a punching bag was a superior option to switching in a loving Pelipper. Scrafty is an incredible poke that, with the right moveset, could carry Griff through the vast majority of the game, and Pelipper...is a loving Pelipper. Like, goofs/Sea Breeze aside Pelipper sucks.

I mean it's all moot because he got rid of both of them but I mean, come on Griffin. If you're Seriously For Real doing this run and not treating it like a goof (which he clearly is), you switch in Pelipper over Scraggy. Like it's not even a contest dude.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Holy crap I've never heard of this movie and I'm intrigued. Also, is this Johnathan Banks' inspiration for Mike in Breaking Bad?

That's literally the only good part of it. The rest is just awkward stilted comedy padded out with edgy Nazi propaganda, rotoscoped stock footage, and cartoon boobies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcnQ7Dlk_Ks

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
Really thought Ms Beakman was going to bite it in this one.

purple death ray posted:

He should really give that Roselia a shot. It had a modest nature and Giga Drain at level 1? Definitely somebody wonder trading their breeding rejects. 7 special attack? It probably has 4 or 5 maxed IVs. That's gonna be a real fine Pokemon.

Agreed, previous videos have shown how quickly Griffin can bring up low-level 'mons. Might take a bit of adjusting but the poison typing could end up useful for the Fairy gym (which jesus christ is going to be brutal). Alternatively, lucking into a Weepinbell in Route 14 could be handy.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
Griffin probably would have traded Hammertime after the battle even if he hadn't died. He never seemed that attached to him, and Seabreeze had sentimental value.

And picking up people's breeding rejects off of wonder trades is great. I'm never going to be serious about battling enough to care too much about nature, so getting a charmander and froakie back to back for whatever bullshit I sent was awesome.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Assuming he actually evolves his Honedge up to Aegislash and gets a good Steel type STAB move (which, note: I was about to start laughing uncontrollably when he seriously considered using Honedge as the punching bag, because that dude can literally solo a member of the Elite Four with the right moveset) the Fairy type gym should be a breeze. He just really needs to start using that pokemon, like for reals.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

The Fairy Gym should be a piece of cake with Jean Ralphio alone. Poison Jab takes care of the vast majority and whatever resists it will probably die to a Dig instead. If he gets Doublade and Roserade by then then there should be no risk of casualties.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
I hope he gets a party wipe at some point cause I wanna see the team he builds from his backups

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

I'm still stunned he actually thought switching in a Scraggy as a punching bag was a superior option to switching in a loving Pelipper. Scrafty is an incredible poke that, with the right moveset, could carry Griff through the vast majority of the game, and Pelipper...is a loving Pelipper. Like, goofs/Sea Breeze aside Pelipper sucks.

I mean it's all moot because he got rid of both of them but I mean, come on Griffin. If you're Seriously For Real doing this run and not treating it like a goof (which he clearly is), you switch in Pelipper over Scraggy. Like it's not even a contest dude.

The enemy pokemon kept using Thunder Bolt though. Scraggy could have survived that if it wasn't a critical hit. Pelipper would have taken 4x damage from it.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

ImPureAwesome posted:

I hope he gets a party wipe at some point cause I wanna see the team he builds from his backups

Finally Banjo's time to shine.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ImPureAwesome posted:

Except for mrs beakman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

ImPureAwesome posted:

This won't happen because a party wipe is where a Nuzlocke run ends. There would not be a second team because the run would be over.