Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I liked Platinum a bunch. It was cool and fun with good pokemon, music, and characters. There was never really a point where I skipped a pokemon game or stopped playing for a bit but I did grow a little less interested in it (maybe because of diamond and pearl honestly), but Platinum was definitely the game which reignited my interest in the series.

Also, gen iv stopped having moves designated physical and special by type and I will always love it for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Diamond and Pearl made a bunch of mistakes. Fire type distribution was a bad one. Defog as an HM was also quite bad, I think it got used on one route and then MAYBE Victory Road? Mud was one of my least favorite terrain-type introductions to the series also.

I wouldn't say I HATED them but mistakes were made.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
gen 4 did have a lot of good pals

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
That I will not debate, many good pals debuted in Gen 4.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I am in agreement also.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Maybe it's nostalgia but I have an easier time forgiving the mistakes DPPt made (though the fire type stuff when there's an Elite 4 fire type user is amateur hour poo poo) since the setting, story, music, art style and characters, plus a decent enough level curve, made for a pretty fun generation. Remakes would definitely need work, tho, like actual active changes to some things instead of sprinkling some Megas here and there. Doing a new regional pokedex that goes beyond what Platinum did, introducing regional variants to further beef up the Pokedex, game speed wouldn't be an issue thankfully, but following SM's example and just removing HMs would be excellent.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Scholtz posted:

Will anyone please tell/assure me how good of a name Hatsunamiku is for the Popplio line??

It's real good which is why I'm stealing it.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
gen 5 is my fave. gen fave

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

absolutely anything posted:

This is me whenever my nostalgia for 3 is taking a back seat to reason.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I put more hours into Diamond than I did any other Gen 4 game. I simply did not know there could be a faster game on DS. It's true what they say, ignorance is bliss.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

absolutely anything posted:

The Greatest Generation

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

gosh, Gastrodon is just a really solid Pokemon. I have never heard a bad word about Gastrodon, because Gastrodon is A GOOD BUDDY.

pink Shellos looks terrible, though, always go blue.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I think I may be the only person there is that doesn't give a poo poo about Diamond/Pearl not having many Fire types.

Granted I'm not fond of the Fire typing anyway but hey.

Badingading
Sep 2, 2011

I'm not sure why but whenever I try to recall anything about gen 4 I literally don't remember anything about it other than the early areas and that terrible fog-covered route I always wandered around in blindly because I refused to teach any of my pokemon Defog.

I'll still take it over Gen 3 though.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Maybe it's nostalgia but I have an easier time forgiving the mistakes DPPt made (though the fire type stuff when there's an Elite 4 fire type user is amateur hour poo poo) since the setting, story, music, art style and characters, plus a decent enough level curve, made for a pretty fun generation. Remakes would definitely need work, tho, like actual active changes to some things instead of sprinkling some Megas here and there. Doing a new regional pokedex that goes beyond what Platinum did, introducing regional variants to further beef up the Pokedex, game speed wouldn't be an issue thankfully, but following SM's example and just removing HMs would be excellent.

I think Platinum being such an overhaul helped with that easier to forgive mistakes when they fix them and you can pretend they never happened. Also the player characters got super nifty jackets as a good forgiving bonus.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Gen 5 is absolutely my favourite, though B2W2 makes it a bit hard going back to BW, since they improve on that already fantastic game so much. God B2W2 are such good games.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
As much as i'm praising DPPt, they don't hold a candle to Gen 5.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

sharrrk posted:

the gba soundchip is just garbage

WRONG!!!!!!!!!! gently caress YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
Roserade and Tangrowth are great buddies. :3:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

gen 3 is my friend

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

mabels big day posted:

WRONG!!!!!!!!!! gently caress YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i was thinking of you when i wrote that

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

sharrrk posted:

i was thinking of you when i wrote that

i know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_WkWaoBgNY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xzec20s-FlU

if you don't like the sound of this, I don't like you

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Gen 4 had a cool set of pokemon, but I remember almost nothing about actually playing the games

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Johnny Joestar posted:

gen 3 is my friend

Same

I like the sound of it, but with better hardware it could be even better.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Nice try but I can spot a troll from a mile away

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBxnv7_WZgI

This theme was somehow really fitting with the overall tone of BW I thought

There's a lot of stuff about Gen 5 that I like a lot, I think Unova itself might be one of the biggest, really interesting region to explore

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

The GBA didn't have dedicated audio hardware, so if you wanted good quality audio, you lessened the CPU available for the rest of the game. That's usually the cause of bad sounding GBA games.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

HoneyBoy posted:

Post gen 4

Okay

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Rudoku posted:

Every loving other cat pokemon looks like a cat. Let me get Rath from Ben 10.

I don't know about that, I think Litten is the first cat pokemon that seems like an actual cat.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ybSYoZyrtQ

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/sun_moon/topics/161004_01.html?top_main002=msign

So according to this the SuMo demo will be 400mb. Reminder that the ORAS demo was around 250mb.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

My guys.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i'm into it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nethilia
Oct 17, 2012

Hullabalooza '96
Easily Depressed
Teenagers Edition

Pentaro posted:

Speaking of, I could never get it to transfer the Glalie to my game. The poke balls and potions got sent without issues, but whenever I ask Steven about the pokemon he just goes "Come back tomorrow"... A tomorrow that never comes. :(

No one helped you, so I'll try. Go into the demo, play a mission with Steven and make sure to let the game save. Then let the clock roll over into the new day. It should unlock itself then.

You probably did a time change (this is why I don't bother with daylight savings on my system) and the demo locked out cause of that.