Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Sure man as long as they are rank I will play a game or too. Grumblebee

Also that whole "you will get your main role since you played support or fill last game" thing is bull right, I still get support every time lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Darth Windu posted:

Sure man as long as they are rank I will play a game or too. Grumblebee

Also that whole "you will get your main role since you played support or fill last game" thing is bull right, I still get support every time lmao

this means you will get either role1 or role2, and won't be assigned a role you didn't pick

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Biowarfare posted:

this means you will get either role1 or role2, and won't be assigned a role you didn't pick

Oh ok, good to know they still havent fixed the whole "if you put support as secondary you will literally always be support" bug

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
that isn't a bug. that's the playerbase not wanting to play support to the point where the system needs to manually intervene and force people into support roles. it has zero technical standing.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I was super bummed yesterday when I queued for ranked and didn't get support. Happens maybe 1/40 games

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
Little Devil Teemo's death animation is remarkably satisfying.

Junji Eat More
Oct 22, 2005

You don't know it, but you are full of stahs
Queueing <not support> / <support> does give support a lot less than it used to - before the last tweak to primary / secondary roles, it was about 95% support, it feels closer to 60 now.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

Darth Windu posted:

I wish there was some way to get rid of that message and just be guaranteed support every game. The rare occasions when I get my off role are just super lovely.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Coca Koala posted:

I wish there was some way to get rid of that message and just be guaranteed support every game. The rare occasions when I get my off role are just super lovely.

It was really disorienting to have to jungle, because the only jungler I had practice on in the last couple months is Zac and people bam Zac now??! Not fair????

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I didn't mean ban. They go "bam. Zac"

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

I queue with support as my primary role every ranked game, probably average about 5-10 games a week, and my last two non-support games in solo queue were on august 9th and may 10th according to my match history

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
I was just looking at league videos and when did that kid Nightblue become this dorky rear end memespouting guy? I thought he was a relatively measured kid that gave jungle advice, not some weird offshoot of QTPie or Trick2G

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

his viewership went up a bunch when he started smurfing and talking about memes all game, its what the people want

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Servaetes posted:

I was just looking at league videos and when did that kid Nightblue become this dorky rear end memespouting guy? I thought he was a relatively measured kid that gave jungle advice, not some weird offshoot of QTPie or Trick2G

His trajectory went something like informative guy -> gets frustrated that he only has 50% winrate once he's in challenger -> hangs out with Trick2G -> ragey rear end in a top hat -> meme's

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

i think something in his brain broke after that one time he couldn't get over a skarner main outplaying his pantheon invade

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

a medical mystery posted:

i think something in his brain broke after that one time he couldn't get over a skarner main outplaying his pantheon invade

for those who haven't witnessed the majesty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLPLQXKxUWk

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
http://plays.tv/video/57f456f105e6059a7b/i-am-support

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Amazing, amazing

Junji Eat More
Oct 22, 2005

You don't know it, but you are full of stahs
I lost respect for him during one of those "unranked to challenger" streams during which people started pointing out the account hadn't been played for months, was played with a completely different champion pool, and with flash on the other key than he was currently using.

Rather than just admit he bought the account, he bullshitted for half an hour about how he'd just been trying a wholly different combination of champs / masteries / playstyle. You know, for funsies.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I really need to get into the habit of using Mantra W more, especially in lane. Seems perfect for baiting, but I always kinda forget it exists. v:shobon:v

Zoidomania
Apr 22, 2014

Vermain posted:

I really need to get into the habit of using Mantra W more, especially in lane. Seems perfect for baiting, but I always kinda forget it exists. v:shobon:v

I think a lot of people underestimate the sustain that karma can have with mantra-W, no matter if you're going full AP or tank/utility. Whenever I played her mid I would always get Visage 2nd/3rd item just for that little bit more heal/tankyness. It also has the added bonus of making it easy to land your Q during the root.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

kingcobweb posted:

His trajectory went something like informative guy -> gets frustrated that he only has 50% winrate once he's in challenger -> hangs out with Trick2G -> ragey rear end in a top hat -> meme's

That's really unfortunate. Is it like the common path of young late teens early 20s to transform into some unfunny memespouting piles of garbage?

I mean it looks like the kid gets mountains of views. It's like Trick2G and that thumb looking kid that played Draven--I don't get how being an enormous pile of poo poo is productive or helpful and if anything sets this kinda bizarre monument to being a massive twat in game that everyone aspires to be but I dunno, maybe I'm too old to get the point of it

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Servaetes posted:

That's really unfortunate. Is it like the common path of young late teens early 20s to transform into some unfunny memespouting piles of garbage?

I mean it looks like the kid gets mountains of views. It's like Trick2G and that thumb looking kid that played Draven--I don't get how being an enormous pile of poo poo is productive or helpful and if anything sets this kinda bizarre monument to being a massive twat in game but I dunno, maybe I'm too old to get the point of it

Internet Culture

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oO3YmT2d-8k

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

nightblue lost a lot of viewership when he got salty as gently caress and did a bunch of stuff in a desperate attempt to gain more viewers. tyler and trick are popular because it's a nerd dream to be an insufferable pile of poo poo but also good enough that people have to tolerate you

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Junji Eat More posted:

I lost respect for him during one of those "unranked to challenger" streams during which people started pointing out the account hadn't been played for months, was played with a completely different champion pool, and with flash on the other key than he was currently using.

Rather than just admit he bought the account, he bullshitted for half an hour about how he'd just been trying a wholly different combination of champs / masteries / playstyle. You know, for funsies.

On top of that he seems to really enjoy nonstop mocking and trashtalking of bronze players while he's making GBS threads on them on a smurf

And of course the many, many purchased accounts

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Hey after his 1,000th consecutive streamed game whys this guy not going into krepo level detail on how he's auto attacking krugs anymore./

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Settle down, Beavis. I'm not asking for a guy that's smurfing many tiers below his main account to give me a dissertation on jungling thousands of games in. That being said, I am appreciative of his videos where he zooms in a lot and screams in the dragon pit for dragon to save him while playing dragonforce, because that is very funny and good.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Relax, Beavis.

general anime
Jan 8, 2013

by Lowtax
well i just played the most fun game of my life. we had a shyvana that was late to the game, and when she respawned she got executed at the raptors so i just walked up and took all 4. she got mad and said im going to intentionally feed!!! because i took her camp. i said wow im shaking in my rune boots dude, and then she proceeded to feed. this pissed off darius who then dc'd like 10 minutes in and never returned. so i figured well ezreal is doing decent and this zed isnt bad so im thinking we win this one

general anime
Jan 8, 2013

by Lowtax
if charliemurphy69 and WOW HE IS G00D are out there reading this, bless you

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I've never even *heard* of a 3v5 game outside of those "golds vs challenger" games, holy hell that's an accomplishment.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Servaetes posted:

Settle down, Beavis. I'm not asking for a guy that's smurfing many tiers below his main account to give me a dissertation on jungling thousands of games in. That being said, I am appreciative of his videos where he zooms in a lot and screams in the dragon pit for dragon to save him while playing dragonforce, because that is very funny and good.

It's weird b/c he's a good enough player to be informative as an instructional guy, and he's not funny enough to be trick/qtpie, but he attempts the latter anyway.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

kingcobweb posted:

I've never even *heard* of a 3v5 game outside of those "golds vs challenger" games, holy hell that's an accomplishment.
low priority queue is like a gold mine of really toxic diamond smurfs and really lovely bronze players in the same games. It's amazing.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

kingcobweb posted:

What magic matchmaking land have you landed in? I've had more multiple disconnects than I can count on both hands (probably 15-20 roughly) and probably a good third of what few games I still play end up as a 4v5.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
tyler1 and Trick2G are just funny to watch, but I'm a goon so I can't comprehend how people would enjoy something.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.

Aerox posted:

What magic matchmaking land have you landed in? I've had more multiple disconnects than I can count on both hands (probably 15-20 roughly) and probably a good third of what few games I still play end up as a 4v5.

How is this even possible with the remake feature now.

I think I've had one real DC 4v5 in the last 20 games.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Aerox posted:

I mean where the 3v5 wins

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Teikanmi posted:

tyler1 and Trick2G are just funny to watch, but I'm a goon so I can't comprehend how people would enjoy something.

people who are entertained by things i don't personally enjoy are PIECES of poo poo dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Keeby why on earth are you building spirit visage over locket on support? Also frost cannon seems like a weird choice on someone who has as much slow/speed up as karma

• Locked thread