Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

R. Mute posted:

Aren't bots usually at like 45% or something?

Good bots are, bots that do nothing are 40% IIRC. Less than that means you're actively impeding your team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!
http://wotreplays.com/site/3003174?secret=a0bc01affbe3526160d6fda0aa903110

What a heartbreaker. 2500 damage, ran out of ammo, capped to within 15 seconds before being damaged in a blindshot by arty and being forced to make it a draw.

In my AMX 12T, tier 8 game.

If only my dumb pubbie hellcat capped with me instead of whatever the gently caress he thought he was doing.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Turmoilx posted:

i was just informed in a battle that PANSY is a dead clan..i knew there was something wrong with it

We were a live one?

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
gently caress this tank game https://imgur.com/a/Rxzzk

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Is the new swedish autoloader premium going to be any good? (Was it on supertest and did anyone try it?)

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Alright, I already had all the tanks so I went for the most expensive tank and got its value in gold. If I play my tanks right maybe I'll qualify for more free gold and/or tanks!

Edit: I do need to start platooning in light tanks and arty though. If anyone's interested in either feel free to hit me up.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

RandomPauI posted:

Alright, I already had all the tanks so I went for the most expensive tank and got its value in gold. If I play my tanks right maybe I'll qualify for more free gold and/or tanks!

Edit: I do need to start platooning in light tanks and arty though. If anyone's interested in either feel free to hit me up.

I just started playing again but im averaging around 2k wn8 in most of my matches. I'll play with either. Add me ingame at GPV

brodoyouevengif
Jun 15, 2013

The pubbie blood must flow for le mighty Brodo.

Hellsau posted:

The Japanese Tiger is hilariously bad.

The true test is watching how terribly it fails to pen tier 8s, or even some 7s for that matter, with APCR rounds.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Is the new swedish autoloader premium going to be any good? (Was it on supertest and did anyone try it?)

Watched some reviews and it seems to be all about the clip and suffers a lot to get it. Little armour, not very fast, seems to be the only Swede tank without good gun depression (although -6 isn't awful), doesn't seem to make great credits, but on the other than you can poo poo lot of burst damage.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

brodoyouevengif posted:

The true test is watching how terribly it fails to pen tier 8s, or even some 7s for that matter, with APCR rounds.

Tier 8s? gently caress, the O-I is incredibly hard to pen with 171 pen, and the O-Ni is functionally immortal.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
hangon, they made the lfp on the 112 strong?????? uhhhhhhhh

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Truck Stop Daddy posted:

hangon, they made the lfp on the 112 strong?????? uhhhhhhhh

world of tanks is a free2win game where paying customers are offered no unfair advantages

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Didn't some guy lose his job over the 112 and IS-6 buffs, and other assorted idiotic balance choices?

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
do you guys ever get bored and resort to wot forums? well i did so heres a funny http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/515195-need-more-female-crewpleasepretty-please/ some one says the idea of transgender crew

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Wait is it right that they made the 112 lfp 200mm effective?! Oh man if that's true ill have to wipe the dust off and harvest some pub tears.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Axetrain posted:

Wait is it right that they made the 112 lfp 200mm effective?! Oh man if that's true ill have to wipe the dust off and harvest some pub tears.

I don't know what it is with wargaming making "weakspots" stronger than normal armor. It's really really stupid and is one of the worst things for newer players.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
I had a pretty spectacular (by my standards) game in the KV-1 last night - about 1800 damage, 6 kills, 1700xp or so. Just abused the other team. Still didn't get Master! I have to figure it's super duper high just because of how much that tanks gets played but I was surprised. Is there any way to check?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Holy poo poo, 9.16...is amazing so far?

In-game display of damage done, assisted damage, and damage blocked, received damage/direction/source indicator, customizable sixth sense sounds, double-row garage, immediate indicators for spotting vehicles with no delay...

Who is this Wargaming, and what have they done to the Wargaming I know?

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common

Barry posted:

I had a pretty spectacular (by my standards) game in the KV-1 last night - about 1800 damage, 6 kills, 1700xp or so. Just abused the other team. Still didn't get Master! I have to figure it's super duper high just because of how much that tanks gets played but I was surprised. Is there any way to check?

1. Go to wotreplays.com.
2. Click on Ace Tanker
3. In the Filter menu on the left: select the tank you're interested in, leave the rest as it is.
4. Sort by experience.
5. Check the lowest experience: this is what will get you the Ace Tanker badge on this vehicle.

This will only give you a rough idea; but for a tank like the KV1 it'll only take a few days before there will be enough ace tanker replays posted in 9.16 that you can have a much more precise estimate. There are only 2 9.16 KV1 Ace Tanker replays posted ATM.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Who is this Wargaming, and what have they done to the Wargaming I know?
They brought in a dude who knows how games ought to work and are allowing him to tackle long-standing problems with the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69ZM8L2BlZU

Flagellum
Dec 23, 2011

spurdo av master race so what
If that new dude solves the arty I might go back to tanks after 3 years.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Please don't be mad about the 112. Just embrace the new era of glorious Chinese manufacturing.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
Oddly enough, I got the urge to update WoT today. Logged in when it was finished but remembered the horrible players from the last time and quit again. If it's actually improving I'll have a go this weekend.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
Speaking of Aces, is there a similar list for marks of excellence? I only have two on one tank (the M41 HMC, lol), I'm curious how much more I need to get another on like my Borsig.

New Paris map is cool, it's like a city map, but more open, had a great first game on it.

All that was left was some high tier arty and myself (Borsig). We cornered each other by his flag, not wanting to get shotgunned, I forced his move by starting to cap (he couldn't come around the corner fast enough to shoot me.) I was in front of a big rear end building block and I figured once I started capping he'd go to the opposite side and try to be sneaky. Sure enough he comes around the opposite corner and tries to snap one off quick. It goes way wide, so I blow him up with about 4 seconds left on the cap timer.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

thylacine posted:

Sure enough he comes around the opposite corner and tries to snap one off quick. It goes way wide, so I blow him up with about 4 seconds left on the cap timer.

You should have waited for the cap, waited about 3 seconds after getting the exclamation point to make them think they're going to get to avoid a repair bill, and then blow them up to crush their dreams. It's not enough to win - you must crush the opponent spiritually.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

thylacine posted:

Speaking of Aces, is there a similar list for marks of excellence? I only have two on one tank (the M41 HMC, lol), I'm curious how much more I need to get another on like my Borsig.

I don't know if there's any list like that, but one of the tank carousel mods puts your current percentage on each tank in the garage along with other stats. Since I've been concentrating on marks of distinction (got 2nd mark in my t-34-85 last night) it's actually become one of my favorite mods. You can find your current percentage in the tank statistics, but it's kind of a pain in the rear end, and not something you are going to want to do after every battle. But by having the number right in front of you and seeing it change with each battle, you get a decent feel for the kind of damage (and assisted damage) numbers you need in order to keep the percentage going up.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

So why is the Swedish tank not on sale right now?

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

1. Go to wotreplays.com.
2. Click on Ace Tanker
3. In the Filter menu on the left: select the tank you're interested in, leave the rest as it is.
4. Sort by experience.
5. Check the lowest experience: this is what will get you the Ace Tanker badge on this vehicle.

This will only give you a rough idea; but for a tank like the KV1 it'll only take a few days before there will be enough ace tanker replays posted in 9.16 that you can have a much more precise estimate. There are only 2 9.16 KV1 Ace Tanker replays posted ATM.

Thanks. I cleared off the version filter and the lowest is 1034. My ~1700 (I must be misremembering) was with premium so it looks like I probably just missed it. Oh well.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Turmoilx posted:

do you guys ever get bored and resort to wot forums? well i did so heres a funny http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/515195-need-more-female-crewpleasepretty-please/ some one says the idea of transgender crew

genderfluid crew ftw

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

oh poo poo another patch just when I got time to play again, gently caress this gay earth and game but hopefully mods will be working soon?

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

anyone got a tl dr for this very too long video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69ZM8L2BlZU im guessing its just gonna be like the last one a few years ago though and nothing in it happen untill 2030

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Fat Jesus posted:

oh poo poo another patch just when I got time to play again, gently caress this gay earth and game but hopefully mods will be working soon?

It's arguable how many mods are actually needed anymore. The autoaim mod is the only really big quality of life mod left to implement, other than stuff like auto-equip (which won't ever be implemented in the game) or the HP pools or the remaining HP of players on the player panel (which would just confuse the hell out of the pubbies) or battle assistant which was on the sandbox and probably shouldn't be a legal mod but is so probably should just be implemented in the main game.

Sair
May 11, 2007

It's nice having feedback on spotting damage.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Welp some -404- member just intentionally pushed me into enemy shots and tried to push me off a cliff, so I teamkilled them and was banned for an hour. Other than that the new patch seems good.

Screen shake while in sniper mode is still one of those dumb things that Wargaming refuses to just remove so add that to the list of mods that are necessary. Shaking when you move is dumb, shaking when you fire is also dumb, and having to chose between those is really dumb.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
I just logged in to this:

quote:

Acts (1:13:04 PM) you have rogue member tan tan tank god. His unsportsman like conduct as a team member has repeatedly been reported. This person is representing your clan, and shows no civil conduct what so ever. I'm not sure what your clan represents, but if it represents total disrespect for other members of WoT, then tan tan tank god has single handedly held that low standard perfectly. I hold you responsible for his total disrespect and misconduct :-/

clearly for me this is very disconcerting

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

a fun battle 100k+ profit http://wotreplays.com/site/3005377#steppes-turmoilx-t-44-100

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

four point one two kilometers traveled.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

Hellsau posted:

four point one two kilometers traveled.

what is that a lot? yeah i enjoyed my slow low cruise around the boarder of the map sniffing out arty

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Turmoilx posted:

what is that a lot? yeah i enjoyed my slow low cruise around the boarder of the map sniffing out arty

twice what anyone else did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maimgara
May 2, 2007
Chlorine for the Gene-pool.

Barry posted:

Thanks. I cleared off the version filter and the lowest is 1034. My ~1700 (I must be misremembering) was with premium so it looks like I probably just missed it. Oh well.
What you are seeing here is base xp versus total xp. Base xp is what matters for mastery, total xp is with win and premium bonus. Base is shown in the 15v15 results screen, and Ace badges on good tanks can typically require 1000 to 1100, with really great tanks might be 1300+.