Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Lol how could anyone play this game solo?

First two matches, I'm dropped in on games in progress, 62-20 and 44-10. The first one I'm immediately arc bladed.

Third, I get a krew of teammates who rack up some impressive single digit scores on the way to us getting reamed.

Fourth, it starts us 4 on 6 with the other side having a dude I recognize as an outstanding player. I turn off the console.

How is Bungie so bad at this? In a game with a cascading super energy mechanic their stance on JiP and starting lobbies unbalanced is abominable.

Pozload Escobar fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Oct 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

My Iron Banner matches tonight were my first proper go at PVP (i.e. other than a few crappy tries at Crucible). Went in solo and had a lot of fun, which I wasn't expecting because I'm more of a PVE person.

What boggles the mind is that some people are even worse than me. Like I shouldn't be at the top of my team's leaderboard with 9 kills. Make a little effort, guys...

Didn't have a big leap in light level, went from 351 (I think) to 354. But I got the full set of medieval armor so I'm happy.

Pinely
Jul 23, 2013
College Slice
If I had to guess I'd say 30% of destiny players don't have thumbs. Something about this game is just appealing to thumb-less people that want to pvp.

Last_Taste
Feb 13, 2012

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Lol how could anyone play this game solo?

First two matches, I'm dropped in on games in progress, 62-20 and 44-10. The first one I'm immediately arc bladed.

Third, I get a krew of teammates who rack up some impressive single digit scores on the way to us getting reamed.

Fourth, it starts us 4 on 6 with the other side having a dude I recognize as an outstanding player. I turn off the console.

How is Bungie so bad at this? In a game with a cascading super energy mechanic their stance on JiP and starting lobbies unbalanced is abominable.

I played solo last night due to having to do real life stuff between games, and the salt was real. I got put into a game at 70-12 and it was non stop supers.

I put up with it for a few hours to grind drops, but it was a painful experience. Several games our team was all 365 and lower matched against 2 teams of 3 with everybody 375 plus. It was very discouraging to see my hawksaw hit criticals at 22.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

My fire team of 3 got dropped into a game that was 120-45 when we loaded in. Free rep, I guess

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
They just need to ditch the medallion mechanic and give you the rep instantly on loss provided you notch at least 5 points or something.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Also they need to learn to lobby balance.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Pinely posted:

If I had to guess I'd say 30% of destiny players don't have thumbs. Something about this game is just appealing to thumb-less people that want to pvp.

PvE shitlords come play iron banner so they can get the gear they're never gonna use and stockpile it for later so they can bitch about vault space on reddit

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

They just need to ditch the medallion mechanic and give you the rep instantly on loss provided you notch at least 5 points or something.

nah that's dumb. make them play until they win

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Was trying to knock out the control bounties in the daily earlier and got into two consecutive games that started out 5 on 4. That was cool.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

this is the biggest problem imo. lovely lobby balance can make it very hard to have any sort of fun

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Do I need to avoid rank 5 so my drop pool doesn't get hosed by ghosts this year?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

Do I need to avoid rank 5 so my drop pool doesn't get hosed by ghosts this year?

Ghosts are a potential drop from rank 1, so it's unlikely.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

xzzy posted:

Ghosts are a potential drop from rank 1, so it's unlikely.
Everyone in here getting ghost shells whereas I haven't seen a single one drop on any team from game one to beyond rank five. 1 point from 382, ghost stuck at 374 and my rng has abandoned me :suicide:

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

EmmyOk posted:

The story mission for the Oryx fight was tremendous fun and had plenty of challenging parts so I liked it a lot. My eyes popped out of my head when the Ogre Oryx took stepped out of the portal right after the Cabal general but luckily I'd already hit the general with a rocket and full Golden Gun. Should I just do strikes to try and get better gear and light until I am maxed out and can do raids?

Well now you have the Rise of Iron stuff to do, right? If you're still a few light levels away from hitting the recommended LL for the story I would recommend checking out the Prison of Elders -- I did two rounds of that after finishing the TTK story and I was ready for RoI.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

nah that's dumb. make them play until they win

No because these shitlord pve idiots amass 5 medallions and then just drop the second they get down and guess who gets sent in to supposedly fix their poo poo?

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Purples decrypting to 365 is such an Iron Boner killer, now that I've broken 365 there is what, like 3 opportunities for decent chances at level gain? Everything else is grinding potential blue drops for +1 light level per slot items.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

^burtle posted:

Purples decrypting to 365 is such an Iron Boner killer, now that I've broken 365 there is what, like 3 opportunities for decent chances at level gain? Everything else is grinding potential blue drops for +1 light level per slot items.

I went from 370 with non-optimal gear onto 380 with my preferred gear on by doing one (1) day of IB. It rains purples even more than before. It's going to result in a lot more LL-capped people by week's end.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Emron posted:

I went from 370 with non-optimal gear onto 380 with my preferred gear on by doing one (1) day of IB. It rains purples even more than before. It's going to result in a lot more LL-capped people by week's end.

I went from 363 to 366 after a day of IB and the raid, I guess I just need to realize that this is the new gate and I won't have all three characters maxed in 2 weeks like I did with TTK.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Good poo poo, never solo queue

Top was not a win, started 4-6 and my team ended up getting crushed. Down two against Neato, no thanks.

Edit: here's with my boyz

Pozload Escobar fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Oct 5, 2016

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Thanks for documenting what it's like to solo queue, this new research will certainly advance our understanding of Destiny's multiplayer and provide fresh insights!

El Chingon
Oct 9, 2012
Using throwing knife like a pro :clint:

https://youtu.be/wFY31286vX0

Also, I came here to say that the raid fusion rifle holds its own in crucible and the iron banner shotgun is a lot of fun with full auto, as the rate of fire on that thing is one of the highest.

ils
Jan 22, 2001
Well, as expected, Iron Banner Supremacy is just about the worst poo poo ever. Now I have to worry about lag in two places. Awesome!

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

xzzy posted:

Thanks for documenting what it's like to solo queue, this new research will certainly advance our understanding of Destiny's multiplayer and provide fresh insights!

If it means even one goon parties up instead of dropping solo then I have done good.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Bungie, the creator of Halo matchmaking and playlists, can only either match equal skill at the expense of any semblance of connection quality, or do their signature "1 good dude and 5 shitters against 6 decent dudes" lobby balancing. It's frankly unbelievable.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Solo queuing has only made me stronger

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Bungie, the creator of Halo matchmaking and playlists, can only either match equal skill at the expense of any semblance of connection quality, or do their signature "1 good dude and 5 shitters against 6 decent dudes" lobby balancing. It's frankly unbelievable.

Loathe Supremacy for a myriad of reasons and have been """best""" on my team a handful of times. This is very wrong.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

If it means even one goon parties up instead of dropping solo then I have done good.

Oh let me help

The negative K/D on The Anomaly was from 4 dudes in a group dropping together. The other team was nonstop supers after that :negative:

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

deadwing posted:

Solo queuing has only made me stronger

It was better yesterday. Today I got against premades or a dude that was good like with the No Mans Beyond in a map made of a maze of tunnels..

Then everything is infested with striker titans with the super up all the time.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
Since rise of iron launched I have gotten twenty three exotic engrams. 17 of them have been boot engrams. Go gently caress yourself Bungie

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

Legs Benedict posted:

Since rise of iron launched I have gotten twenty three exotic engrams. 17 of them have been boot engrams. Go gently caress yourself Bungie

Don't try fishing.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
the secret of Iron Boner is that you don't even have to be good, RNG works the same always, you just have to complete matches

not giving a poo poo makes those moments when you get a 3-man Nova to give you a Relentless streak through Remote Play, while listening to a podcast, that more special

all that caring energy is better spent during the Trials, where being good at crucible actually matters

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Legs Benedict posted:

I'm pretty sure over half of mine have been heavy weapon

At least I got a nemesis star really fast?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I like supremacy and haven't found solo queuing to be that bad

El Chingon
Oct 9, 2012

deadwing posted:

I'm pretty sure over half of mine have been heavy weapon

At least I got a nemesis star really fast?

Is that weapon any good? I got both ornaments for it, but no weapon :(

E: quote

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

El Chingon posted:

Is that weapon any good? I got both ornaments for it, but no weapon :(

E: quote

It's a lot of fun but it's probably not that good. Fires for a long time though so sustained flinch can be useful in PvE

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

yamdankee posted:

I'm 354. Am I gonna get stomped in IB?

I started IB when I got off work at 6:30pm and was 320ish LL, by the time I stopped at 10:30ish i was up to just shy of 350LL; it seems that they really upped the drop rates of purples. I was able to accomplish all the bounties and ranked up to just shy of IB rank 5. And I'm not especially good at pvp. It was terrible for the first hour or so because I would unload a fusion rifle in some sliding hunter's face at point blank range and barely break their shields but it got noticeably easier as time passed.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

minusX posted:

Oh let me help

The negative K/D on The Anomaly was from 4 dudes in a group dropping together. The other team was nonstop supers after that :negative:

stop dying so much. you had a total of 2 games that was under 14 deaths. I get it, it's a frantic game mode with lots of rushing, but that doesn't mean just run blindly in whatever direction all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

Super No Vacancy posted:

I like supremacy and haven't found solo queuing to be that bad

wrap it up guys, case closed

• Locked thread