Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stump collector
May 28, 2007

Lovechop posted:

people who are entertained by things i don't personally enjoy are PIECES of poo poo dude

tru

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Stealth Tweaks during Assassin update

Tldr; they are creating two forms of stealth. Invisibility and Camouflage. Invis would be something like teemo/kha/shaco/akali W, camo would be rengar/eve stuff. Invisible units will no longer be visible with pink wards which is kinda bonkers

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

when are the star guardian skins being released, i need that poo poo man

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

rabidsquid posted:

it's a nerd dream to be an insufferable pile of poo poo but also good enough that people have to tolerate you

Lol yup, pretty much.

general anime
Jan 8, 2013

by Lowtax

RealFoxy posted:

low priority queue is like a gold mine of really toxic diamond smurfs and really lovely bronze players in the same games. It's amazing.

it's a lot of fun and i recommend it to everyone

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Kashuno posted:

Stealth Tweaks during Assassin update

Tldr; they are creating two forms of stealth. Invisibility and Camouflage. Invis would be something like teemo/kha/shaco/akali W, camo would be rengar/eve stuff. Invisible units will no longer be visible with pink wards which is kinda bonkers

Have they gone nuts? Nuts-er? Seems to me that with the advent of five bans per team they're desperate to make that number insufficient.

Like, I'm now having some really serious doubts re: Riot's planned assassin update. Assassins have historically been the single most miserable champion class to play against ever since some moron came up with an idea that they should be able to delete a champion in the middle of their team and get at least a screen away in <1 second and the other morons decided it was a great idea and now I'm seriously afraid that for all their :words: about "counterplay" and "windows" they might just make them even more insufferable.

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Oct 5, 2016

stump collector
May 28, 2007
they'll need to release ap/ad items with the red trinket active if they really want to do that otherwise it'll be completely poo poo for the game

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
They're probably going to bundle it with obvious tells that let you know someone's stealthed, even if you dont know where they are; wider radius for rengar's !, slightly longer fade time for Khazix, more obvious smoke puff for Shaco, that sort of thing. It'll be a definite buff for defensive supports who can anticipate assassins over kill-laners.

I'm more interested in the "camouflage" concept, since Eve's stealth already is pretty much just for avoiding wards. Maybe they'll crib from HOTS and they'll have a shimmer effect?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

quote:

we are adding in other baseline ways to interact with Stealthed units; one example we’re exploring is a shimmer that opponents can see when they hit Stealthed enemies (i.e. with a skillshot). This should give enemies a good sense of where the Stealthed target is so they can follow up and chase them down.

We are still currently exploring how we want Camouflage to interact with Vision detection items - this may remain unchanged going into the next season. Either way, expect some tweaks to champions who leverage Stealth as they will now have to be re-balanced with these new rules in play. Twitch, for example, is a champion whose current Stealth tunings may not be as reasonable going into the next Season.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

stump collector posted:

they'll need to release ap/ad items with the red trinket active if they really want to do that otherwise it'll be completely poo poo for the game

It's already gonna be completely poo poo for everyone whose damage relies primarily on autoattacks. Cause guess what, knowing whey they are doesn't count for poo poo when you can't click on them.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Ah, gotta love the incestuous nature of MOBA's.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
That shimmer thing has been around since Starcraft had ghosts and arbiters cloaking 24 carriers, not a moba thing Jesus Christ

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Servaetes posted:

That shimmer thing has been around since Starcraft had ghosts and arbiters cloaking 24 carriers, not a moba thing Jesus Christ

And its only been used in mobas recently, with Heroes of the Storm's Stealth heroes as a way to provide counterplay.

I mean, its entirely possible most of riot are diehard Starcraft fans and only have gotten around to using the shimmer now.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Well I'm just saying that kind of approach from a visual standpoint is not something that originated with mobas is all. But yeah who could honestly not like starcraft or that approach for stealth?

My wild guess is for champs like Akali they'll have a kinda WoW idea where once you break stealth and are in combat you can't break it for a while.

And I wouldn't put it past rioters to be starcraft fans as anyone born in the past twenty years or more enjoyed it to some degree.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
I think that this is going to be one of those updates that indirectly buffs or nerfs more champions than it directly buffs or nerfs. Example: Katarina and Morgana ult interaction with stealth, skills that interact with vision like Darius ult, abilities that provide vision like Lee Sin e. Overall, though, I think it's a better direction to take stealth, because whenever stealth is balanced around pinks it's obnoxiously powerful if you run out of pinks and it's a straight up "I picked this champion, pay 100g to continue" tax at all other times.

Maybe Riot will add attack ground???? (they will not)

Junji Eat More
Oct 22, 2005

You don't know it, but you are full of stahs
Any sort of shimmer concept just sounds like it'll be abused by people who shift their display settings to give it maximum contrast to be able to see it 0.1 seconds earlier.

Readability is one of their core gameplay concepts, and "did you see those ten wavy pixels" is the exact opposite of that.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

general anime posted:

well i just played the most fun game of my life. we had a shyvana that was late to the game, and when she respawned she got executed at the raptors so i just walked up and took all 4. she got mad and said im going to intentionally feed!!! because i took her camp. i said wow im shaking in my rune boots dude, and then she proceeded to feed. this pissed off darius who then dc'd like 10 minutes in and never returned. so i figured well ezreal is doing decent and this zed isnt bad so im thinking we win this one

*wipes single tear from eyes* beautiful

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I'm going to be honest: I think they should just loving get rid of Evelynn entirely and rework Rengar and the problem solves itself.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Vermain posted:

I'm going to be honest: I think they should just loving get rid of Evelynn entirely and rework Rengar and the problem solves itself.

I'd be completely fine if they deleted Zed in addition to that. Also nerf every manaless chmpion into unusability while they were at it.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Vermain posted:

Throw Shaco in there too. gently caress that guy.

Zed is annoying but not in ways that Riot is evidently interested in fixing with the stealth update. Maybe their armor changes will result in ADCs being able to play the game even if Zed manages to finish an item or two.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
if we're on the subject of doing one thing to fix the game id be happiest if they permabanned all of my accounts

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Gonna have to echo that these ideas are retarded bullshit, and Rito has no idea what the gently caress it's doing. The simple solution to make the game more balanced is just to delete all the champions. Too bad they won't do it because they don't give a gently caress about the player base.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
They should just get rid of stealth, it's a bad mechanic.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Remember 9 years ago itt when some goon interviewed for a designer position with riot and he was pissed they strung him along and didn't hire him and he described in the interview where they had him pick some skills and quickly put a character together and his concept was "a stealth tank"

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Riot is literally never going to delete a champion. If they don't like them they'll just completely redesign their kit, visuals, lore, and theme from the ground up and keep the same name. See also: Poppy, who kept her wall slam, "short demihuman with a shield and hammer" description, and name but essentially nothing else. They even changed her race :v:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
haha yeah delete champions and all their skins good idea guys.

also Rengar is part of the big 4 assassins for update

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Work Friend Keven posted:

Remember 9 years ago itt when some goon interviewed for a designer position with riot and he was pissed they strung him along and didn't hire him and he described in the interview where they had him pick some skills and quickly put a character together and his concept was "a stealth tank"

hahah i forgot about that. i can't even remember what their explanation for how it would work was

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Remember when khazix's evolved ult gave him 40% damage reduction while invis? I imagine it was something like that as a passive and then some kind of spammable stealth.

Alternatively, tank Eve, which was a thing for a while: tank sneaks around until they can flank for an initiate.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Was that the goon that tested every possible bug for Shaco?

stump collector
May 28, 2007
no wonder he went insane

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Servaetes posted:

Was that the guy that tested every possible bug for Shaco?

Wasn't that keith bearjumper? He was the big Shaco guy that I remember and he knew a shitload about Shaco bugs and weird interactions.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Yeah that sounds right on it being Keith. I remember he got an interview with riot and it didn't go well but I can't remember if he's the stealth tank guy.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Work Friend Keven posted:

They should just get rid of stealth, it's a bad mechanic.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
today I spend 7800 on Ivern, the friendly tree man. Maybe I should main him, he looks like a nice guy.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Actually the only champion that would change from the pink nerf is Akali.

Mabye Teemo.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Tired Moritz posted:

today I spend 7800 on Ivern, the friendly tree man. Maybe I should main him, he looks like a nice guy.

Every team I've seen him on has lost so far. But he is cute and fun and friendly.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I think an interesting rework for Akali would be changing her W to a toggle on/off stealth that slowly drains her energy so she can't sit in stealth forever and then pop people from stealth if she's been in it for more than say, 10 seconds or whatever, then give her ultimate a big refund on energy so if she kills anyone she can immediately pop back into stealth.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Bholder posted:

Actually the only champion that would change from the pink nerf is Akali.

Mabye Teemo.

Vayne?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Ivern seems like he'd be pretty fun supporting some of the less mobile melee carries like Nasus and Olaf, what with being able to give them root dashes and most of Righteous Glory.

When trinket warding his bushes, does one ward reveal all overlapping bushes, or just the one its placed in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Keeby why do you never create Plays dot Tee Vee clips of OUR games together HMMMM?!???!?!?!??!?!?!?

• Locked thread