Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Kawabata posted:

took a break from super mario maker to get all the stars from galaxy 2 (that and nsmb wii are the only marios I didn't complete I think) and holy poo poo getting the prankster comet star from that level where yoshi eats pepper and runs like a retard is hell

I think this might be worst controls in a videogame without any exaggeration, I'd rather have my eyeballs eaten by mice than play that bullshit

I'm sure the NX detachable 2 parts pad would've helped in that instance, starting with the fact that I wouldn't have to shake it all the time like a goddamn mongoloid

I got stuck on that level and stopped playing that otherwise great game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I do like nintendo.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I thought Squish Turtle was a Megaman X7 bad guy

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Boogie apparently talked with two people from Ubisoft who got to use the NX, which from their accounts suggests the thing might really be a hybrid console that you can take with you to play. Although if I understood correctly, not in the level of having a Wii U in your pocket.

Here's the part in Boogie's Q & A session.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Rexroom posted:

Boogie apparently talked with two people from Ubisoft who got to use the NX, which from their accounts suggests the thing might really be a hybrid console that you can take with you to play. Although if I understood correctly, not in the level of having a Wii U in your pocket.

Here's the part in Boogie's Q & A session.

Oh that warms my heart.

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Oh that warms my heart.

One slightly new (worrying?) thing here is that he talks about playing the 'mobile version' of a game when you take the console with you. I think most were hoping to be able to play a full version of the game, with lower res/frame rate perhaps.

If there's any truth in this at all that is.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Nintendo presents: The VMU2.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Jables88 posted:

One slightly new (worrying?) thing here is that he talks about playing the 'mobile version' of a game when you take the console with you. I think most were hoping to be able to play a full version of the game, with lower res/frame rate perhaps.

I completely trust Boogie not to make this poo poo up, especially not for some off the cuff panel Q&A. Maybe the Ubisoft guys are smokescreening NX info? Doesn't seem all that likely.

As for "the mobile version" I figure it's referring to scaled down versions of games.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Jables88 posted:

well youre not playing online on splat2nx even if the drat thing comes loaded with 3g
that kinda stuff

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Kawabata posted:

took a break from super mario maker to get all the stars from galaxy 2 (that and nsmb wii are the only marios I didn't complete I think) and holy poo poo getting the prankster comet star from that level where yoshi eats pepper and runs like a retard is hell

I think this might be worst controls in a videogame without any exaggeration, I'd rather have my eyeballs eaten by mice than play that bullshit

I'm sure the NX detachable 2 parts pad would've helped in that instance, starting with the fact that I wouldn't have to shake it all the time like a goddamn mongoloid

It's not the game's fault that you're bad at video games

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Yeah the level you're talking about I barely even remember. It wasn't difficult enough to be notable or for me to spend any time on.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Snooze Cruise posted:

I do like nintendo.

this is hosed up

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Not liking Nintendo should be a bannable offense honestly

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

It's not the game's fault that you're bad at video games

look at this virgin

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Kawabata posted:

look at this virgin

Don't be mean

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
You should, however, want the NX.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

spit on my clit posted:

this is hosed up

gently caress you!

Kawabata posted:

look at this virgin

gently caress you!!

Hace posted:

Don't be mean

gently caress you!!!!

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

codenameFANGIO posted:

gently caress you!

gently caress you!!

gently caress you!!!!

calm down dante

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

You heard it here first folks, DmC Special Edition announced as a launch title for the NX.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

what will the new nintendo president do to save us from bad posters ......

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Phantasium posted:

You heard it here first folks, DmC Special Edition announced as a launch title for the NX.

NO

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

They will bring back old Dante and he will have a fight with new Dante and then they will make you push the trigger button to kill the old Dante and it will have the greatest impact of any game ever made.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Phantasium posted:

They will bring back old Dante and he will have a fight with new Dante and then they will make you push the trigger button to kill the old Dante and it will have the greatest impact of any game ever made.

DmC: Devil May Cry, featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series!

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Phantasium posted:

The Fourth Birthday NX.

Will NX have trigger buttons?

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Hace posted:

You should, however, want the NX.

I do, I'm a big nintendo fan

I love nintendo hard

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Boogie is probably the biggest Nintendo fan around, he wouldn't make that up.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

SelenicMartian posted:

The Fourth Birthday NX.

Will NX have trigger buttons?

The controllers attached to the side of the screen are just lightgun controllers and every game on the NX is an arcade style shooting gallery game.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

SRM posted:

I thought Squish Turtle was a Megaman X7 bad guy

No, he was in Mega Man X9

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
There is a person named "boogie?"

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Phantasium posted:

The controllers attached to the side of the screen are just lightgun controllers and every game on the NX is an arcade style shooting gallery game.

Which one will get the modern day reboot? Duck Hunt, Hogan's Alley or Wild Gunmen?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
That "mobile version of games" is used is disconcerting. If Nintendo is making two versions of each game, then they done hosed up.

Stan Taylor posted:

There is a person named "boogie?"

He named himself that, you may know him as that old string of youtube videos of the obese man named Francis who breaks controllers and screams.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

smash bros 4 and hyrule warriors were a test

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Which one will get the modern day reboot? Duck Hunt, Hogan's Alley or Wild Gunmen?

None of the above, it will be an Operation Wolf reboot by Square Enix using Prompto as the main character and FFXV branding. It will also suspiciously play like the VR spinoff and you can shoot Cidney's titties with Pogs.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Phantasium posted:

Dante vs. Dampé

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Soul Glo posted:

That "mobile version of games" is used is disconcerting. If Nintendo is making two versions of each game, then they done hosed up.

Surely he means down-rezzed versions. Kinda like how the Wii U and 3DS versions of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate were exactly the same game, with the same content, but one had lower-resolution assets.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Soul Glo posted:

He named himself that, you may know him as that old string of youtube videos of the obese man named Francis who breaks controllers and screams.

This must be a millennial thing.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Color Splash has won over the review crowd.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Color Splash has won over the review crowd.

I saw, I just ordered it on Amazon.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

Phantasium posted:

you can shoot Cidney's titties with Pogs

when can I preorder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

hmm. color splash... i rate it above paper mario 64 but below thousand year door. solid game

• Locked thread