Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

beepstreet posted:

I'm rocking Ludwigs until I get the MGS. That full charged 2H R2 Stab em and Slam em is one of the simplest yet badass combo in the whole series. .

Transformed kirkhammer does something similar, it'll throw motherfuckers back 25ft in the follow-up swing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
ludwigs really nails the giant sword archetype for souls. maybe even better than the zwei, because of the transform attacks

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i think ludwigs is too fast and accurate for how much dmg it does. i like the kirkhammer 1000x more for that style of weapon because you have to aim with it so you dont just hit them with the handle

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

I.N.R.I posted:

i think ludwigs is too fast and accurate for how much dmg it does. i like the kirkhammer 1000x more for that style of weapon because you have to aim with it so you dont just hit them with the handle

I never got good at hitting enemies with the hammer part which made it so 1. when I actually did land a good hit it felt really good but 2. I wasn't adept enough with it to pwn so I just used Ludwig's instead :p

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

One of my finest gaming moments ever was defeating defiled amygdala with the kirkhammer by just unleashing a relentless offensive strike against it that didn't end until it was loving dead and I felt like a great warrior that day.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A store I was at today had the bloodborne Japanese art book (base game and DLC) that was probably badass but they shrink wrap every book so you can't look through before hand and it was 60 dollars so I passed but I really want it

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

In Training posted:

A store I was at today had the bloodborne Japanese art book (base game and DLC) that was probably badass but they shrink wrap every book so you can't look through before hand and it was 60 dollars so I passed but I really want it

It's pretty nice with a lot of content. From managed to translate everything from concept art to in-game really well.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
tfw u thirsty for blood but theres a mandatory evacuation order

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

scary ghost dog posted:

tfw u thirsty for blood but theres a mandatory evacuation order

I'm in fort Myers come play here

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Benny D posted:

I'm in fort Myers come play here

im not going to florida.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell are you??

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

South Carolina and Georgia are evacuating I think

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I'm on the west coast and everyone her is panicking about some poo poo that isn't coming anywhere near us

Edit west coast of florida

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Don't die, Benny D.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Cannonballoon posted:

It's pretty nice with a lot of content. From managed to translate everything from concept art to in-game really well.

u know what would pwn. if they got yoshitaka amano to do the concept art

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
scary ghost dog lives in charleston I think which I know from reasons :ninja: , and my ex gf lives there and has been telling me about the hecka crazy typhoon or whatever is going on down there right now. Thousands will die lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cannonballoon posted:

Maybe someday. Instead I picked up the first 2 volumes of berserk and will read those because I understand they're pretty big influences on the dark souls aesthetic

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
my bioggest problem with modern final fantasy is how little attention they give to amanos concepts. games1-6 and 9 took a lot of it on board, 6 most of all, but the rest its like his art never existed. so he should go work at from software

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

my bioggest problem with modern final fantasy is how little attention they give to amanos concepts. games1-6 and 9 took a lot of it on board, 6 most of all, but the rest its like his art never existed. so he should go work at from software

6's art was really good. One of my favorite pieces is the one with Terra in the magitek armor overlooking a city.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

In Training posted:

Maybe someday. Instead I picked up the first 2 volumes of berserk and will read those because I understand they're pretty big influences on the dark souls aesthetic

berserk is a masterpiece

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I.N.R.I posted:

all he's done is promo art and like the logos since like ff10 i think? he doesn't do the character designs any more

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Rightfully, lulu was a mess.

Although I think he has some landscapes they display in the loading screen in ffxiv

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

scary ghost dog posted:

berserk is a masterpiece

Truth

I need to replay this game, what should I use? Ludwig's was rad but it's the only one I've won with what else is rad?

Also, is the dlc worth it?

Soral
May 30, 2009

the dlc is extremely excellent and youll probably find the weapon youre looking for in it

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

The dlc has both some of the best and most frustrating fights in Bloodborne. It's also pretty long, so definitely worth it.

I really wish this game had a boss rush mode because some of these boss fights I could do over and over again because they're so much fun.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Cannonballoon posted:

The dlc has both some of the best and most frustrating fights in Bloodborne. It's also pretty long, so definitely worth it.

I really wish this game had a boss rush mode because some of these boss fights I could do over and over again because they're so much fun.

with some practise you can reach most bosses within an hour or 2 at most. another option is like you could save a character outside of a boss room and then just die to the boss right before you kill it every time. or theres random chalice glyphs, but the best fights arent in the chalices so theyre not the best in that respect

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

with some practise you can reach most bosses within an hour or 2 at most. another option is like you could save a character outside of a boss room and then just die to the boss right before you kill it every time. or theres random chalice glyphs, but the best fights arent in the chalices so theyre not the best in that respect

That's not a bad idea. I did some save swapping when trying to get platinum so that could work there too.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Man with Hat posted:

Also, is the dlc worth it?

there hasn't been a souls game yet where the answer isn't "100% worth getting"

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

I.N.R.I posted:

knowing you could beat a boss but letting yourself die anyway...that's true power

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

Don't die, Benny D.

I have a generator and supplies I'm gonna game while chaos descends around mw

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Hail Satan

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Benny D posted:

I have a generator and supplies I'm gonna game while chaos descends around mw

same but i live on the marsh and im not evacuating so im probably going to die

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

scary ghost dog posted:

same but i live on the marsh and im not evacuating so im probably going to die

Death is only the beginning.........

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i may think it all a mere bad dream

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
a souls game set in florida? too f*cking twisted to comprehend...

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Lol dude Florida Man could be a flicking boss in that. drat

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

scary ghost dog posted:

berserk is a masterpiece

this. I'm in florida and will be without power so since I cant play souls or bloodborne I will prolly spend the weekend rereading berserk, which owns

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Homework Explainer posted:

knowing you could beat a boss but letting yourself die anyway...that's true power

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
But I gotta have the PREY SLAUGHTERED with the huge blood spray that makes the frame rate chug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying Squirrel
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks, Zombie Lincoln

Better Fred Than Dead posted:

But I gotta have the PREY SLAUGHTERED with the huge blood spray that makes the frame rate chug.

The PREY SLAUGHTERED frame rate drop is a feature, not a bug.