Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Last Chance posted:

portrait mode only works on humans. find some new friends

are you telling a coke bottle to find some human friends? you racist piece of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

some of my best friends are colas!

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

*only hangs around uncolas and sparkling waters*

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
https://twitter.com/KenJennings/status/783032723187249152

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

lol

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

uninterrupted posted:

scrolling to set an alarm is dumb, just let me type in a time.

scrolling is fine when the time is in 5 minute increments but minute by minute.. hjesus

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
use siri to set alarms wtf is wrong w u

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

echinopsis posted:

scrolling is fine when the time is in 5 minute increments but minute by minute.. hjesus

at least it's not as bad as the android time widget

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

Wheany posted:

at least it's not as bad as the android time widget

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbCsiTbey4U

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

that w810 i was talking about earlier? it has some of the worst default ringtones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IG_Bs1Ho9Jc&t=109s

YOU'VE GOT A ~phone call baby~ so you'd better pick it up!

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Last Chance posted:

lol that would be really dumb

bump_fn posted:

use siri to set alarms wtf is wrong w u

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

echinopsis posted:

you kiwi motherfucker
the weighty feel of spinning the pickers in iOS is one of the best UI interactions in recent history

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
I am enjoying the new Bedtime feature though

however I still feel the new click to unlock home is a garbage idiot fucker ux and I have no idea why it changed

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

still amazed by the camera on this thing. this was at night with a nightlight on, and came out like it was taken in broad daylight. on the 5 this would have looked like grainy garbage.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

18 inches of dog and 300 yards of cat

seriously though that is a pretty good picture

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

Last Chance posted:

lol that would be really dumb

"i want to wake up at seveeen.. poo poo it went past scroll back down thirtyyyyy let's me press and scroll after it passes 1 to make sure it stays on 3 fiiiiive gently caress I wish I could just type in 3 loving numbers"

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
life is tough for the differently abled

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
it's been five years. please keep steve in your hearts today

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

this was at night with a nightlight on, and came out like it was taken in broad daylight.

"the new camera takes inaccurate photos" :troll:

ufarn
May 30, 2009

The Management posted:

it's been five years. please keep steve in your hearts today
ugh, tim gonna do something completely insufferable isn't he

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

still amazed by the camera on this thing. this was at night with a nightlight on, and came out like it was taken in broad daylight. on the 5 this would have looked like grainy garbage.

as a Nexus 5 owner, I can confirm it would've looked like grainy garbage even if it were taken in broad daylight
you must have a powerful flash on that thing :iamafag:

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

ahmeni posted:

however I still feel the new click to unlock home is a garbage idiot fucker ux and I have no idea why it changed

In accessibiltiy settings you can change it to unlock home just from the fingerprint without the click

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

uninterrupted posted:

"i want to wake up at seveeen.. poo poo it went past scroll back down thirtyyyyy let's me press and scroll after it passes 1 to make sure it stays on 3 fiiiiive gently caress I wish I could just type in 3 loving numbers"

i can't believe you're even having this problem. i think its a joke. but ill bite: the number dial on ios is not some wacky poo poo that slides frictionless through numbers forever, you just drag your fat, shaking finger down a list of numbers, even beyond the bounds of the number dial if you want and pick a time

why the gently caress would they force you to type in your wake up time in an onscreen keyboard like some kind of animal?

plus they already fixed any issues by letting you just tell your phone to set an alarm for 7am

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
have they figured out how to have multiple countdown timers yet, or is that still a fevered dream beyond the reach of man?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

no they haven't replicated the feeling of being a crazy homeless guy with dozens of wristwatches on, counting down all of the potential hours for christ's return

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

infernal machines posted:

have they figured out how to have multiple countdown timers yet, or is that still a fevered dream beyond the reach of man?

I have a watch that has 4 countdown timers so we know the technology is possible but maybe casio's crack engineering team figured out something the rest of us don't know

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

qirex posted:

I have a watch that has 4 countdown timers so we know the technology is possible but maybe casio's crack engineering team figured out something the rest of us don't know
glorious nippon probably had to sacrifice a bunch of virgins to tentacle gods get that particular technology

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Last Chance posted:

no they haven't replicated the feeling of being a crazy homeless guy with dozens of wristwatches on, counting down all of the potential hours for christ's return

it's me, the man who has never cooked a meal involving more than one dish

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

it's me, the man who has never cooked a meal involving more than one dish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szrsfeyLzyg

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

exactly, use an app for multiple timers. not an insurmountable challenge i'd hope

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

siri can do this

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

flakeloaf posted:

18 inches of dog and 300 yards of cat

pity quote

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

2 seconds to use an app

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/timer+/id391564049?mt=8

wow, what a crazy task

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Athletic Footjob posted:

be a good son and buy your mom a se

i should, thanks

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Vintersorg posted:

7+ is extremely needs suiting, i love it and its not as huge as i thought it would be

haptic feedback was odd at first but just works now

a good buy, recommend, a+

once you get used to it, it feels really good

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

the steven p jobs 10th anniversary edition iphone plus is going to be way better than the current plus because the entire screen will be able to read your fingerprints and the size will become a lot more manageable for people with tiny trump hands

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

i watched that new jobs movie with mike rear end bender

it sucked. they didn't even try to make his hair look right

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

AWWNAW posted:

i watched that new jobs movie with mike rear end bender

it sucked. they didn't even try to make his hair look right

it wasn't great, but that's probably the most autistic criticism of a film i've ever read

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

Last Chance posted:

it wasn't great, but that's probably the most autistic criticism of a film i've ever read

thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i have that on my hbo go queue. maybe i'll watch it this weekend

• Locked thread