Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
gently caress you, bro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

dexefiend posted:

gently caress you, bro.
suck my dick

Also stop stalking me please

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Oct 1, 2016

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
Both look great and I'm jealous as my gigantic order has not shipped yet...

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Pash posted:

Both look great and I'm jealous as my gigantic order has not shipped yet...

They're shipping right now buddy! Not long now :)

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Gently rocks back and forth

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

dexefiend posted:

gently caress you, bro.

Flipswitch posted:

suck my dick

get a room you two

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

you can join in while we farm kickstarter tears.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Told you on Facebook already, go with the popping orange!

Also, obligatory gently caress you, I'm bottling my tears for later.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Ugleb posted:

Told you on Facebook already, go with the popping orange!

Also, obligatory gently caress you, I'm bottling my tears for later.
Add me so we can cyber I can send you stage by stage pics of all my poo poo I got for teaching the game to the socially inept.

Tbh though, I kinda enjoy tormenting the spazmos who complain about their kickstarter not arriving yet. a bloo bloo bloo :classiclol:

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Oct 1, 2016

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Its as if we are all being ripped off because 4000 packages were not simultaneously loaded into courier vans and delivered world wide on the same day by a handful of people.

I'm crowd funding the court action to take Hawk Wargames to court for fraud starting Monday. I will need about 1.5 meelleeeon dowllars and there will be stretch goals for getting AvP and All Quiet On The Martian Front backers their stuff.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

oh you son of a bitch, I had forgotten All Quiet even existed, that stuff was floating around my LGS for bloody ages. More like loving poo poo miniatures on the martian front.

wheres my spaceships dave, wheres my spaceships man! i mean I put in a pre-order for a product that wasn't started and that was it! I'm entitled to it! can I drive over to your offices and pick it up early!?!?!?

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Yeah, howe dare they ship to Other People first??!?

I've cleared two shelves in my cabinet for them an everything!

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Where is all this happening? :ohdear:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

TTerrible posted:

Where is all this happening? :ohdear:
Facebook mostly.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Flipswitch posted:

oh you son of a bitch, I had forgotten All Quiet even existed, that stuff was floating around my LGS for bloody ages. More like loving poo poo miniatures on the martian front.

wheres my spaceships dave, wheres my spaceships man! i mean I put in a pre-order for a product that wasn't started and that was it! I'm entitled to it! can I drive over to your offices and pick it up early!?!?!?

I actually like All Quiet, the tripods are cool and the human vehicles are decent I think. The infantry are kinda lumpy though. Its main issues were being A) expensive and B) the original company was incompetent.
It is under new ownership now and (hopefully) getting back on course. They are sorting out the bat poo poo crazy stock levels, moulds and trying to figure out what they do and don't have, plus trying to identify what stuff is meant to be and resculpting some of the more dubious design decisions.

But there are kickstarter backers out there who never got stuff from the original (bankrupt) company and think the new start up should make good on it.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Flipswitch posted:

Yo dudes, got a painting question.

I'm digging the orange colour scheme. A few more highlights and yeah. That will look sharp

I got my stuff preordered still, excited to get everything.
Also got my starter setup for dropzone. Been practicing the rules to make sure i teach it right but really enjoying how tight everything seems

Has anyone seen how dropfleet is suppose to interact with dropzone in terms of possible campaigns? Because that's what i really want. A system wide, or planet wide, campaign

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

There's a few pages in the book IIRC and a few missions in Reconquest Phase II have some tie over stuff to Dropfleet but I don't know any of the details. Will post up finished ship tonight, would have done it last night but I decided to drink cider instead.

Finished the orange dude up, a comparison:

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Oct 2, 2016

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Judging by Facebook the Captain pledges are starting to arrive with backers. Getting closer....

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*
My lieutenant pledge was attempted to be delivered today. No email just a missed parcel card in my letterbox.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Ugleb posted:

Judging by Facebook the Captain pledges are starting to arrive with backers. Getting closer....

My pledge is a Commander, but I had a shitload of bolt-ons (in retrospect I should have gone Commodore). Does everyone get a shipping notification first, or do some people not?

EDIT: Apparently not.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

Seems like its really sporadic. Also its starting to seem like they were overly optimistic about getting everything out in 3 weeks as we are just getting to captain and commander orders and Commodore orders represent more than half of all orders.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Pash posted:

Seems like its really sporadic. Also its starting to seem like they were overly optimistic about getting everything out in 3 weeks as we are just getting to captain and commander orders and Commodore orders represent more than half of all orders.

Supposedly people have gotten Commodore orders already and the order is random-ish?

Anyway how often are kickstarters not a huge shitshow.

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006
Well Then, What Shall We Start With?
In great news my Lieutenant pledge (plus additional PHR starter) arrived today!

In significantly less great news I seem to be missing an entire PHR starter from it. Everything else is in order, but I am short 3 cruisers and a frigate sprue. I even seem to have the bases for them.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

:woop:

Got my DFC delivery in, now to decide what colour scheme to paint my PHR fleet, and what loadout to build. Tempted to just do a grey to dark grey gradient with some yellow stripes (or red/green depending on if its a cruiser, battlecruiser, frigate etc) but not sure how difficult that'll be without an airbrush.

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008
I got Added to the DropFleet Facebook group (I Never asked for this... thanks, Flipswitch)

Holy gently caress - nothing but Whining about delivery times -when this is an entire game developed in less than a year.

And gently caress that guy saying he's gonna copy All the ships, and make some debris when hes got like 40 ships
(cos that's fair use, totally)

I left the DZC group, and this one looks just as full of toxic gently caress-you-got-mine cunts

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008
quote is not edit

PHR Are Battery Powered vvvv

Renfield fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Oct 5, 2016

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

ijyt posted:

:woop:

Got my DFC delivery in, now to decide what colour scheme to paint my PHR fleet, and what loadout to build. Tempted to just do a grey to dark grey gradient with some yellow stripes (or red/green depending on if its a cruiser, battlecruiser, frigate etc) but not sure how difficult that'll be without an airbrush.
do them like really pink dildos like that one guy on facebook did.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
I love the guy who was "I was just about to post about the lack of communication when my door buzzed and my package arrived."

I'm not too concerned, as where I live tracking isn't always an option, and poo poo will probably spend a week held up in customs anyways (not to mention three typhoons in the past two weeks). I'm just happy to hear poo poo is moving and I'll see my stuff hopefully before I move in two months :P

Renfield posted:

And gently caress that guy saying he's gonna copy All the ships, and make some debris when hes got like 40 ships
(cos that's fair use, totally)

eh, I don't see any problem with making resin copies for wreckage/debris. As long as it's your own personal usage, I say no harm, no foul. I don't like cutting into things sometimes.

Ono
Feb 8, 2012

Got my Lieutenant pledge today. Everything in order except a minor casualty on a Scourge cruiser sprue. Some of the scourge pointy bits jut out pretty far from the sprue frame and seem to be asking to be snapped in transit. Nothing glue won't fix though. Rulebook is A+ (especially the slipcover so you can actually shelve it without it flopping everywhere).

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Flipswitch posted:

do them like really pink dildos like that one guy on facebook did.

That's what I got the Princess for.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Can someone go over some of the crossover campaign stuff, who has the rulebook? Is there enough for an actual campaign or is it pretty generic?

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

lots of loot. Sadly the stickers are all missing. Hopefully they will send replacements soon. Not had a chance to read the rules.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Can someone go over some of the crossover campaign stuff, who has the rulebook? Is there enough for an actual campaign or is it pretty generic?

There appears to be a lot of stuff for integrated campaigns. 4 pages of rules and ideas how to do it.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
Sounds like Commander pledges are shipping now.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Loxbourne posted:

Sounds like Commander pledges are shipping now.

Shipping or arriving? They've been really bad about sending out shipping notices I've heard.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
Both. The Facebook group has started to see commander-level backers post their stuff, and most of them say they didn't get a shipping notification before it arrived.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Loxbourne posted:

Both. The Facebook group has started to see commander-level backers post their stuff, and most of them say they didn't get a shipping notification before it arrived.

OK. I'm not too concerned about when I get the package (it feels too humid for proper work anyway) but not knowing its status bugs me.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Facebook Dropfleet update:

Lots of people bitching that their package hasn't arrived and that Hawk are not giving constant updates about packing boxes.

Lots of other people got fed up and bombarded the Facebook group with cat pics in protest at the moaning.

First group of people are now complaining that the cat pics are bringing negativity to the group and that it will destroy the community before it gets going.

Complaints are starting to swing back towards complaining about not having parcels yet.

It has been a busy day on social media.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

Ugleb posted:

Facebook Dropfleet update:

Lots of people bitching that their package hasn't arrived and that Hawk are not giving constant updates about packing boxes.

Lots of other people got fed up and bombarded the Facebook group with cat pics in protest at the moaning.

First group of people are now complaining that the cat pics are bringing negativity to the group and that it will destroy the community before it gets going.

Complaints are starting to swing back towards complaining about not having parcels yet.

It has been a busy day on social media.

Isn't the internet great? ...
The Facebook page really is just tons of people bitching and moaning about hawk not packing all the pledges before the final stuff came in. Kickstarter page meanwhile is full of people bitching about not getting the retail box of the two player starter set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

I am very slightly sad about not getting the box, but then I remind myself that the DzC box just sits on top of a book case.