Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I meant "in the future".

When I said "now", I meant the definition of now according to Mr Gaz.

Apologies. I should have been clearer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Asros posted:

We are also 99% sure we will decouple Omega affixes from specific items, letting them roll on any of your items, however they will not stack. This also means we will be adding some more "generic" affixes that will give players who may not want the specific omega affixes we launch with for that hero an alternative while we ramp up production on more affixes.
Apparently there will be no such thing as affix roll ranges for slot 1-5 gear any more either.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

I'm guessing that they couldn't figure out how to do the "reroll this line" recipe for omega items so they just dumped stat ranges.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

Soothing Vapors posted:

did you ever stop to consider that maybe whining incessantly about getting kicked is what's motivating whoever still logs into this game to keep kicking you?

i really doubt thats it sv

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Getting rid of rolls is a good change.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
They should just get rid of all gear

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Not letting Omega attributes stack is dumb. I want to equip a ton of +3 Shield Bounces items on Cap and hit things like 30 times per shield toss

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Kelp Plankton posted:

Not letting Omega attributes stack is dumb. I want to equip a ton of +3 Shield Bounces items on Cap and hit things like 30 times per shield toss
It's all fun and games until the shield bounces to enemies so far away it despawns and you can't use any shield powers until you relog or switch characters.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Kelp Plankton posted:

Yeah, but they might accidentally make a "+3 shits to skill" thing useful by giving it to Chaotic Hex. I mean, SW shooting 16-20 bolts would be hilariously strong. Also too much work for the art department.

edit

Ajax posted:

i really doubt thats it sv

sv last logged in two days ago according to the member list thing and I think Jedit has been cosmicing people daily-ish.

Grinning Goblin fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Oct 5, 2016

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Grinning Goblin posted:

sv last logged in two days ago according to the member list thing and I think Jedit has been cosmicing people daily-ish.

I think you misread. Ajax is saying he doesn't think it's me complaining that keeps getting me kicked, not that he thinks it's SV doing it. I know it's not SV doing it.

And yeah, I'm on for a while every day just now while I cosmic Noir Kitty. I wasn't planning to cosmic anyone else for a long time, but she was already red 60 and she's a PITA for Spirit until you hit 42 and get Master Thief, so I thought I'd take advantage of the event XP buff.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

MMAgCh posted:

It's all fun and games until the shield bounces to enemies so far away it despawns and you can't use any shield powers until you relog or switch characters.

With Gaz coding, that's always been a possibility.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Kelp Plankton posted:

lol at the idea that it would even bounce more than twice in content that matters.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
ok anyone who logged on today is now an officer

Class of 10/4, you are collectively charged with reinviting Jedit every time he gets kicked

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
ps that was only like 5 people lmao

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

This supergroup has somehow gotten even worse than when I ran it

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

Kelp Plankton posted:

This supergroup has somehow gotten even worse than when I ran it

you also used to not log in

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
It's called laissez-faire

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

trickle down gokonomics

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

ndub posted:

you also used to not log in

Well that's half the battle.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

knowing to not log in is the other half?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Kheldarn posted:

With Gaz coding, that's always been a possibility.

On which note, the Starktech Prototypes aren't spawning in the Chapter 8 AIM quest. I have no idea how they broke that one.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

Jedit posted:

I have no idea how they broke that one.

Kheldarn posted:

Gaz coding

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Ugh.

I have no choice but to log in now. NOW, I have to de-officer everybody except for the quality men and women who serve the goons with purpose.

From what I gather, we have many irresponsible goons who are taking advantage of their great power. But they lack the KA-JONES to wield the great responsibility that comes with it.

I will keep noble officers like Arboc and scaryvampiros around but that is all. They will be able to do the invites for now until I assess the PLAGUE that is causing DEATH to our members' guild status.

Thank you. Godspeed.

you should make me an officer, i promise not to even log in much less kick people!

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Soothing Vapors posted:

ok anyone who logged on today is now an officer

Class of 10/4, you are collectively charged with reinviting Jedit every time he gets kicked

If I had only knooown

jujojoh
Feb 25, 2016

:gaz:

:cosmic2day:

:gaz:
Please make me an officer. I need things to do in this game.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

jujojoh posted:

until you pass the Trial of the Laughing Fire, my young son, I cannot allow you to wear the star

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
Plz invite me back to the SG and in year or so, I'll join

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I was almost inspired to do another TT66 but if everything's going to be undone in a month* I guess what's the point.

* between one and forty-eight months from now

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

jujojoh posted:

I made you an officer like two or three weeks ago

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

Jusupov posted:

I made you an officer like two or three weeks ago

Sad.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

In fairness I didn't notice I was an officer even back when I was logging in.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Asros posted:

We are discussing if we are going to use unique icons/names or if we will stick with the basic slot 1-5 icons. I know it sounds like a minor thing, but the difference in using the basic icons/names would save about a week of work for one person.
I'm not sure I even want to know.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
"We are discussing if we are going to use unique icons/names or if we will stick with the basic slot 1-5 icons. I know it sounds like a minor thing, but the difference in using the basic icons/names would save about a week of work for one person."

aka

'ryolnir left and we don't really have a comic book nerd anymore'

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
If they're literally replacing the hero specific uniques, why on earth wouldn't they use the same names? I mean, maybe put an asterisk at the end just to not gently caress up the loot table? Or just rename the old uniques to Slot1_Deadpool_oldgarbage, etc.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They're not removing the uniques so I bet having the same name makes their systems explode.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I'm gonna be really sad if the cool comic references are replaced with generic poo poo

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

They'll recycle existing references and then all the new stuff will be generic

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Why even have unique icons for each character - just make every slot represented by a big number and save all of the effort of making a video game.

Aphrodite posted:

They're not removing the uniques so I bet having the same name makes their systems explode.
I know this isn't the case because all of the level 69 unique rewards aren't just the drop item scaled up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

My big takeway from this is that assuming that they work 8 hours a day, it takes Gaz the same amount of time to produce 5 icons as it does for Bob Ross to create 80 landscape paintings.

• Locked thread