Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

iospace posted:

Freeper tears :getin:

i'd prefer a sustainable resource and not one that's slowly dying off and constantly purging itself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

Islam is the Lite Rock FM posted:

Don't drink more than one.

I drank more than one, Ray.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Instant Sunrise posted:

i'd prefer a sustainable resource and not one that's slowly dying off and constantly purging itself

Enjoy them while they last.

:911: Dalereed :911:

I shoot my tear straight with a chaser of bourbon.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

EmperorFritoBandito posted:

I read all the way to the end of this crazy-rear end thread and regret nothing :woop:

This calls for a drink and I just gave blood so let's see what happens

I did a bourbon tasting two hours after a double. You'll be fine.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

This calls for a drink and I just gave blood so let's see what happens

Seriously though, that is a bad idea. Had a friend do that, spent several hours hunched over a toilet.

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

hangedman1984 posted:

Seriously though, that is a bad idea. Had a friend do that, spent several hours hunched over a toilet.

Tell your friend not to drink Cuervo, it's a sadly common mistake

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

hangedman1984 posted:

I was fine. So was Sterling Archer. Man up. :colbert:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Seriously though can we talk about how giving blood is the best form of charity ever. You sit in the world's most comfortable chair for a half an hour every 8 or 16 weeks and people tell you how loving amazing you are. Then you get to go eat some disgusting 2000 calory glob of food without consequence and it tasted like the most amazing thing in the world (I recommend Chipotle).

The effort to effect ratio is off the loving charts. I love giving blood.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I can't do it. Cancer and poo poo. Thanks for reminding me.

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
Hey that's the reason I can't give blood too! Cancer Bros :hfive:

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I need my blood where it is, I use it

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Lemming posted:

I need my blood where it is, I use it

No one cares about your masturbation habits.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
had gay sex once and my state is dragging its heels on the whole "updated red cross recommendations" thing

so gently caress all you bloodhavers, or whatever the proper pejorative term is

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Give your blood to the YAASSS QUEEN.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Tell your friend not to drink Cuervo, it's a sadly common mistake

It was worse, straight everclear

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Technogeek posted:

had gay sex once and my state is dragging its heels on the whole "updated red cross recommendations" thing

p. sure gay people have blood too buddy

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Tesseraction posted:

well peter thiel has to take it from others so I just assume all gay people were like that

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Technogeek posted:

I would lie about this. It's a bullshit, politically motivated question.

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler

Eifert Posting posted:

I would lie about this. It's a bullshit, politically motivated question.

please don't lie when donating blood, thanks

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler

Old Story posted:

Also toxx for Abuela hell yeah

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Old Story posted:

For that question specifically, yeah. Assuming you've been tested and can verify that you don't have the issue they are screening for, there is zero danger from gays donating. They ask that question because the FDA is homophobic, not because there's any pragmatic reason to ban homosexuals in tyool 2016.

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler

Eifert Posting posted:

For that question specifically, yeah. Assuming you've been tested and can verify that you don't have the issue they are screening for, there is zero danger from gays donating. They ask that question because the FDA is homophobic, not because there's any pragmatic reason to ban homosexuals in tyool 2016.

Well in a lot of places there are lifelong bans from donating for anyone who engaged in gay sex and that's terrible and founded in an "ick" attitude towards the gays.

The best available evidence however suggests that a one-year deferral periods for men who have sex with men is prudent, as was recently introduced in Canada. The issue is that HIV can be present and infectious in the blood of new carriers at levels that can't be detected using even modern serological testing, so donor questionnaires remain important, especially so because blood and blood-derived products are often consumed by vulnerable people that really may not have the resources to deal with chronic and complex infections.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Eifert Posting posted:

Seriously though can we talk about how giving blood is the best form of charity ever. You sit in the world's most comfortable chair for a half an hour every 8 or 16 weeks and people tell you how loving amazing you are. Then you get to go eat some disgusting 2000 calory glob of food without consequence and it tasted like the most amazing thing in the world (I recommend Chipotle).

The effort to effect ratio is off the loving charts. I love giving blood.

I hear ya, work took a trip to pack food for Haiti hurricane relief today and my back is sore from scooping rice into a funnel for three hours.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot
Shamelessly stolen from USPol:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...27101&tid=ss_tw

woman_voter_outreach.mpg

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Tesseraction posted:

Scoop if true

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
Grab her by the pussy is apparently preempting the hurricane meltdown soooooooo

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Al! posted:

Grab her by the pussy is apparently preempting the hurricane meltdown soooooooo

Just turned on CNN and wow, it totally is.

How enormous of a scandal do you have to have to preempt a hurricane that is actively ravaging the east coast?

I guess now we know.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Hey, any lurkers, feel free to start posting here now cause a tape of Trump essentially admitting to sexual assault just dropped

AMorePerfctGoonion
Aug 11, 2016

by exmarx

Old Story posted:

Well in a lot of places there are lifelong bans from donating for anyone who engaged in gay sex and that's terrible and founded in an "ick" attitude towards the gays.

The best available evidence however suggests that a one-year deferral periods for men who have sex with men is prudent, as was recently introduced in Canada. The issue is that HIV can be present and infectious in the blood of new carriers at levels that can't be detected using even modern serological testing, so donor questionnaires remain important, especially so because blood and blood-derived products are often consumed by vulnerable people that really may not have the resources to deal with chronic and complex infections.

I'm a MSM and at face value I can't really fault the statistical logic. On a personal ego level I have to admit it's insulting but as homophobic insults go it's the slightest I've had to deal with. It does seem illogical that they'll take my word for it when I say I have gay sex but not if I say that my BF and I are monogamous and tested...

AMorePerfctGoonion
Aug 11, 2016

by exmarx

Pakled posted:

Hey, any lurkers, feel free to start posting here now cause a tape of Trump essentially admitting to sexual assault just dropped

My spider-sense tells me the term "locker-room" is going to be repeated ad nauseum by his surrogates for the next few days

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

AMorePerfctGoonion posted:

My spider-sense tells me the term "locker-room" is going to be repeated ad nauseum by his surrogates for the next few days

It has already started being chanted, if I'm not mistaken.

Doesn't mean Hillary won't mention it Sunday and Trump won't go completely berserk over it though

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

AMorePerfctGoonion posted:

It already is by the dumber ones, but I think the upper-tier morons have enough base reptile instincts to realize this really isn't something you can spin, and will instead attempt to deflect with a lot of "b-b-but Bill! Emails! BENGHAZI!!!"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
I really want to see conways deflection because she seems the most out of all of the surrogates to seem like a normal person who is basically extremely mercenary

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

Al! posted:

I really want to see conways deflection because she seems the most out of all of the surrogates to seem like a normal person who is basically extremely mercenary

She probably came up with the "locker room" line.

AMorePerfctGoonion
Aug 11, 2016

by exmarx
This is Trump's coat of arms:

Can somebody with the skills photoshop in the motto "Carpe Vulvae"?

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

Eifert Posting posted:

I was fine. So was Sterling Archer. Man up. :colbert:

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

Pakled posted:

:cawg::cawg::cawg::cawg:

Oh wow, I'm here for this tomfoolery!

:cheers:

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Hillary Clinton is going to grab Trump by the pussy.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

HMS Beagle posted:

Hillary Clinton is going to grab Trump by the pussy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
can someone post the modified trump tower gang tag? the one on fire begging for jeb to fix it

e: nvm found it

Necc0 has issued a correction as of 03:10 on Oct 8, 2016

• Locked thread