Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Elliotw2 posted:

The Vita charger is a 2a charger, so your 500ma pc isn't going to charge it for poo poo. Try a tablet charger if you have one.

The battery gauge appears to be going up (slowly), it just wasn't giving me the charging symbol like it did when it was plugged into the wall. I need the PC connection for the update since it can't see my WiFi, and as long as it doesn't die in the meantime I'm ok with whatever charging speed it gets :shrug:

CrashCat posted:

lol you updated past 3.60

I don't know which versions are supposed to be good or suck or what, but the one I had sure wasn't finding my wireless network so my hands were kinda tied

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
3.60 is the one that lets you piracy

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

piracy is immoral please exclusively preorder

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Aw, I wanted to install emulators :saddowns: welp

Currently showing 85 minutes left, at 49% completion. I am a bit worried it's just gonna infinitely approach 100% without ever finishing, Zeno's-Paradox style

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Super No Vacancy posted:

piracy is immoral please exclusively preorder

Having FF6 Advance on my vita is dope, means I don't have to carry around my GBA SP anymore

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

loquacius posted:

Aw, I wanted to install emulators :saddowns: welp

Currently showing 85 minutes left, at 49% completion. I am a bit worried it's just gonna infinitely approach 100% without ever finishing, Zeno's-Paradox style

cancel update. delete. download manual update.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Having FF6 Advance on my vita is dope, means I don't have to carry around my GBA SP anymore

Is it fullspeed? Last time I tried GBA on the (very infant hacks) it was very slow and unsynced.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Sea Sponge Run posted:

Is it fullspeed? Last time I tried GBA on the (very infant hacks) it was very slow and unsynced.

Gpsp with dynarec is pretty good. Some sound issues depending on game but I'm the mutant who plays with the sound off most of the time anyway if it's handheld

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

AkumaHokoru posted:

cancel update. delete. download manual update.

I'm doing this because it seems worth it but man Softpedia's download speed for v3.60 is just as slow as whatever site the newer firmware was being pulled from. It's taking forever. It's not that big a file, jeez.

e: wait it was just one of their mirrors that was awful, man that wasted a bunch of my time

loquacius fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Oct 6, 2016

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Ok so next crisis, I successfully updated to 3.60 and then managed to get it on my WiFi finally, but if I try to go into the PS Store it tells me I have to update the system software

Is there a way to get through to where I can download some games without losing my sweet sweet emulator capability or what

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

loquacius posted:

Ok so next crisis, I successfully updated to 3.60 and then managed to get it on my WiFi finally, but if I try to go into the PS Store it tells me I have to update the system software

Is there a way to get through to where I can download some games without losing my sweet sweet emulator capability or what

You need to henkaku it.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

loquacius posted:

you get the custom firmware on it and you can get games from the store I believe (it tricks PSN into thinking you are up to date). I haven't done it, but that is what I have read, so just make sure first.

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off
I just got my friends old vita today and it's already at 3.61, is there a way to revert it back to a previous version or am I hosed?

Guess there's some fun games on the store but I really wanted to emulate some games.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

FireMrshlBill posted:

you get the custom firmware on it and you can get games from the store I believe (it tricks PSN into thinking you are up to date). I haven't done it, but that is what I have read, so just make sure first.
Also make sure to dive into settings and disable the automatic update download

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Kamrat posted:

I just got my friends old vita today and it's already at 3.61, is there a way to revert it back to a previous version or am I hosed?

isn't and probably never will be

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

Kamrat posted:

Guess there's some fun games on the store but I really wanted to emulate some games.

Lol there's a reason your friend got rid of it

trdn89
Aug 16, 2008
kinda bummed that my Vita auto-updated to 3.61 thanks to PS+ since it means I will never get to play the PSP version of Pirates on it whilst making GBS threads

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

leper khan posted:

Lol there's a reason your friend got rid of it

Yeah. It's a Vita.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Hey at least you can get in on the ground floor of PS Vita Round 2

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Odin Sphere for Vita is £15 on the EU PSN right now, which is a crazy good deal.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Cold Steel finally went on sale again too! I'm going to get it. And then probably a physical version when I see it on sale that way sometime.

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off
Oh well it's fine, it was free.

There seems to be some fun games in the psn-store and I finally have something to play on when I travel as I dislike most phone-games.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Henkaku turned out to be an easy process, and I'll probably start homebrewing after work today, but I bought two games, tried to buy a third, and apparently they decided that was enough purchases for a morning and told me the card wasn't available and I should wait a day. I don't understand this financial strategy.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sounds like your banks fraud protection kicking in, I get that if I try to make too many purchases in a short amount of time anywhere that doesn't require my PIN ie the internet.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Sakurazuka posted:

Sounds like your banks fraud protection kicking in, I get that if I try to make too many purchases in a short amount of time anywhere that doesn't require my PIN ie the internet.

Just tried a different card not connected to my bank and I'm getting the same thing. They really don't want me to give them money.

e: webstore not working either

loquacius fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Oct 6, 2016

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh then yeah the PSN just gets weird about poo poo sometimes. :/

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I tried adding money from PayPal through the web store and it told me "The credit card information is not valid. Please check your entries carefully." :wtc:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The only way around that when it happens is to either way 24+ hours or buy a PSN code off e.g. Amazon and use that to pay instead.

PSN is not very well designed.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Maybe the FBI piracy division are onto you

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

loquacius posted:

Just tried a different card not connected to my bank and I'm getting the same thing. They really don't want me to give them money.

e: webstore not working either
Once you get one payment error of any kind on PSN yo u are shut down for a period, probably about a day. Even valid other payments like Paypal will cease to work. You should just get codes off Amazon anyway, it's easy enough and nobody can rob you if they steal your account.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Speaking of, turn on 2FA.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

loquacius posted:

I tried adding money from PayPal through the web store and it told me "The credit card information is not valid. Please check your entries carefully." :wtc:

I've had this error for months and I contacted a CS who told me to buy PSN card off Amazon. The only downside is that I can't pay for exact amount and I need to buy approx value since they only sell $20/$50 cards. Oh well.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
You might be able to just buy the game code through Amazon too, unless it's something real obscure or dlc.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Ok so I'm still trying to figure out getting emulators working. From what I can tell:

You need VHBL to install emulators
You need Vita FTP to install VHBL
You need ARK to install Vita FTP
and you of course need Henkaku to install ARK and you need firmware v3.60 to install Henkaku but I already did those parts.

Is that about the size of it? And if so, would I install ARK the same way I manually installed firmware 3.60, using QCMA? The information I've found on it is a little unclear.

e: nvm you don't need Vita FTP to connect via FTP, that makes things easier

loquacius fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Oct 7, 2016

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010

loquacius posted:

Ok so I'm still trying to figure out getting emulators working. From what I can tell:

and you of course need Henkaku to install ARK and you need firmware v3.60 to install Henkaku but I already did those parts.

Is that about the size of it? And if so, would I install ARK the same way I manually installed firmware 3.60, using QCMA? The information I've found on it is a little unclear.

VHBL is for PSP stuff. Use the native vita emulators; retro arch has a thing for vita that should keep it simple.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

loquacius posted:

literally all you need is an ftp client for your PC jesus, use the retroarch cores for vita, dont do this other bullshit

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
Here's how you emulator on the PS Vita.
1. open Vita Shell/moleculeshell and push select
2. in a windows folder type "ftp://IPADDRESS:1337" into the address bar and push enter
3. drag your Retroarch vpk's into ux0: and also create folders for your roms and poo poo
4. play emulator

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Man this seems like, too easy. Now I need to decide if I wanna hack my vita or my vita tv...

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010

Light Gun Man posted:

Man this seems like, too easy. Now I need to decide if I wanna hack my vita or my vita tv...

I did both and do not regret.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Ok yeah 15 minutes of work and I was playing Mario All-Stars on the Vita. This was totally worth doing. Thanks guys, a lot of the info out there was kind of leading in circles :)