Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

extremely steampunk posted:

I like the sh opening cinematics, they have a real David Lynch feel to them somehow

Somehow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The SH4 one is awesome because the first time I watched it I thought my ps2 was messing up for a bit https://youtu.be/g89wiA3WXXk. It reminds me of that really uncomfortable to watch black and white abstract movie Begotten

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

rediscover posted:

Glad I'm not a college cuck.

Fall break is next week for ya boy and I'm not gonna grade a fuckin thing and just game all week. And definitely get BBG those dot.HACK isos

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I might like them as well.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
the dot.HACK ISOs

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You can just google dot.HACK roms and find them

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
the silent hill series is really really good and sh1 holds up surprisingly well

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

In Training posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRIjNtSOwNM

I like how sick this opening is and how little it relates to the game ive been playing so far.

akira yamaoka ftw

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
wait whats with that wall of darkness nonsense, where's "fear of blood tends to create a fear for the flesh"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ArfJason posted:

wait whats with that wall of darkness nonsense, where's "fear of blood tends to create a fear for the flesh"

Fear of blood is what plays on mine, apparently that rip is from a demo disc where the people who put it out just made up a translation, which is a neat piece of history in its own right

Raymond Hog
Nov 28, 2013

frank.club posted:

Hey PS4 people the RE7 demo gets updated today!

wait really??

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Raymond Hog posted:

wait really??

yeah, appearently called the 'kitchen' update. Also, late night silent hill gaming with me at https://www.twitch.tv/frankclub4/

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jesus Christ

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

True terror.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Flannelette posted:

True terror.

Uh are you gay or something.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Just beat this game, it was alright but had too much backtracking and ghosts took too much time to kill. It only had one scary ghost in it, the really tall lady who smiles at you. Anyone who's played Maiden of Black Water and the other Fatal Frames, is it a hiccup in the series? I liked the combat and stuff but the story was lame

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Uh I dunno if you're trying to set me up for a joke or something but all I see is a swag rear end gamer with aviators on ready to enjoy some afternoon horror gaming. Hope he uses the ZSS Samus Suit. #Hype!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Im gonna finish Silent Hill 1 tonight, I think. At least Ill play it for a few more hours again. I looked up what I had to do next and it turns out I missed an interaction with a coat somewhere and that lets you advance.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

Im gonna finish Silent Hill 1 tonight, I think. At least Ill play it for a few more hours again. I looked up what I had to do next and it turns out I missed an interaction with a coat somewhere and that lets you advance.

1 is good but 2 and 3 are better in every way IMO, get hyped. I don't remember how much variation there is with the ending in 1 either, but 2 and 3 have all kinds of secret stuff.

Was it 2 that lets you set the puzzle difficulty separately than the action difficulty or does that not start until 3? Either way it's a really cool feature

edit: oh yeah 2 does have the separate difficulty settings for puzzles. i remember the hard ones being HARD too... i think there was one in 3 that required some outside the game knowledge of shakespeare

goferchan fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Oct 5, 2016

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

People in twitch chat were saying that starts in 3 I believe. I felt good that I figured out the piano puzzle in SH1, wonder if I could crank puzzle difficulty up on later games

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

People in twitch chat were saying that starts in 3 I believe. I felt good that I figured out the piano puzzle in SH1, wonder if I could crank puzzle difficulty up on later games

I just look d it up and unless my source was wrong it starts in 2... i haven't played for a long time though so I don't really remember. another cool thing that starts in 2 is that there are a bunch of endings and which one you get is determined by a lot of weird variables including your play style during the game. Silent Hill is such a good series

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Please play SOMA, all. Its better than Amnesia.. The monsters and environment are more interesting. Thestory is quite good as well. Even the puzzles are alright

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Oh poo poo RE4 is $10 right now on PSN...... i haven't played that since Gamecube

edit: if i never played re5 or re6 should i grab one of those instead or just replay 4?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

Oh poo poo RE4 is $10 right now on PSN...... i haven't played that since Gamecube

edit: if i never played re5 or re6 should i grab one of those instead or just replay 4?

I believe its PS3 only btw. Unless the sale updated

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

goferchan posted:

I just look d it up and unless my source was wrong it starts in 2... i haven't played for a long time though so I don't really remember. another cool thing that starts in 2 is that there are a bunch of endings and which one you get is determined by a lot of weird variables including your play style during the game. Silent Hill is such a good series

It does start in 2 and continues in 3. Absent in 4

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

net cafe scandal posted:

Please play SOMA, all. Its better than Amnesia.. The monsters and environment are more interesting. Thestory is quite good as well. Even the puzzles are alright

I agree. It's mega spooky + Makes you think

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

corpse party is releasing on 3ds near the end of the month, is it any good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Homework Explainer posted:

No

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ill be streaming SH1 after dinner in about a half hour. For anyone who wants to tune in to potentially the finale https://www.twitch.tv/in_training

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Homework Explainer posted:

Nope

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

I just read up on it and didn't realize before how much Twin Peaks, Blue Velvet, Lost Highway etc. inspired the SH series.... things are clicking into place

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

thank you

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think Im really close to finishing SH1. I got to a place called Nowhere but im stuck on a puzzle room with 4 pictures on the wall and then 3 different pictures with numbers I need to put under them. I was planning on finishing it tonight but i need a break, maybe Ill play again later.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

I think Im really close to finishing SH1. I got to a place called Nowhere but im stuck on a puzzle room with 4 pictures on the wall and then 3 different pictures with numbers I need to put under them. I was planning on finishing it tonight but i need a break, maybe Ill play again later.

You're close yeah, also nowhere is an insanely great name and even shows up on the save files

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've loved pretty much everything about SH1 except the boss fights. The combat only works when you're also able to run away, because most of the larger spaces are like tense tug of wars over the geometry. But having to just slowly walk in circles plugging a large bug with 50 pistol shots isn't very interesting or fun

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

i wish there was an illbleed spiritual successor cause this trap guessing mechanic is really fun even though theres not actually enough variety to make it important

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

I've loved pretty much everything about SH1 except the boss fights. The combat only works when you're also able to run away, because most of the larger spaces are like tense tug of wars over the geometry. But having to just slowly walk in circles plugging a large bug with 50 pistol shots isn't very interesting or fun

Two kind've circumvents this but also really really doesn't. Still a big improvement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In the future i might go Easy combat -> Hardest puzzles

• Locked thread