Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
I was so hype for Slenderman freak show :smith:

Just heard about this on a podcast and don't remember seeing it here:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.mtv.com/news/2935099/american-horror-story-roanoke-murder-house-theory/amp/?client=safari

"When American Horror Story: Roanoke revealed its theme in the season premiere last week, it also cemented its connection to the FX anthology's first season, retroactively dubbed Murder House. In the penultimate episode of Murder House, Craigslist medium Billie Dean Howard (played by Sarah Paulson) tells the tale of the Ghost Colony of Roanoke and how a native elder banished the violent spirits of all 117 men, women, and children by uttering a single word: "Croatoan.""

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Syfy is doing a show that's literally filmed adaptations of creepypasta so that may happen at some point.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I'm really digging this season so far. This is coming from someone who hasn't said that about this show in a few years. I think Cuba Gooding Jr. is a great addition

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I dunno, I'm still not digging the dynamics between the human characters. It seems like the show is following typical AHS fashion in which virtually everyone is having a competition to be awful to one another. Shelby and Matt waffle back and forth daily on whether or not they want to move out, Lee literally kidnapped her daughter and brought her to the house where she was doing a bunch of creepy stuff (making her directly responsible for Flora's disappearance), Matt refuses to believe in anything supernatural no matter how much poo poo happens to him, and Cricket refuses to use his powers to help people without getting a ton of money for it. Mason was the only character who seemed reasonable and he got roasted after intermittent appearances in 3 episodes.

I'm afraid that they're going to try and milk the "We can't leave! All our money is tied up in the house!" thing for as long as possible. We've passed the point any reasonable couple would have moved out.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

haveblue posted:

Syfy is doing a show that's literally filmed adaptations of creepypasta so that may happen at some point.

Z nation really sunk low this season.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Mason got roasted, but he could still come back in ghost form. :ghost:

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Rockin Orthodontist posted:

Mason got roasted, but he could still come back in ghost form. :ghost:
Hell yeah give me the one character who acted relatively (up until they made him a dick) sane as a ghost just snarking over everything.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I hope he doesn't though because that means the only other* reasonable and not insane person of the show in six seasons is doomed to haunt that house forever

* previous sole position held by Hotel's idiot serial killer detective's daughter

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Guy Mann posted:

I remember when Hotel ended there was some scuttlebutt about the upcoming season being about a completely different premise than this Roanoke TV show one, including a bogus rumor that it would be about Slenderman or at least a close analogue. I can't help but wonder if maybe the slapdash advertising and the lack of an intro, recycled music, etc. are because they had to scrap what they were originally planning and throw the show together at the last minute.

Well if you watch the adverts the season 6 logo spells PIG in most of them so they at least had one of the recurring themes bolted down by then.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
Went through the Halloween Horror Nights AHS haunted house last night. It was better made than the show.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Dienes posted:

Went through the Halloween Horror Nights AHS haunted house last night. It was better made than the show.

Orlando or Hollywood? I've been through the Orlando one twice. It's definitely got some beautiful moments, like getting to walk into the freak show mouth.

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

Last Chance posted:

I'm really digging this season so far. This is coming from someone who hasn't said that about this show in a few years. I think Cuba Gooding Jr. is a great addition

Agreed. I really love that he jumped from OJ to this. I love that the actors have so much fun working with Ryan Murphy they sign on to multiple projects. I know for a fact these people are having fun with it and that makes it more enjoyable for me.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

chitoryu12 posted:

Orlando or Hollywood? I've been through the Orlando one twice. It's definitely got some beautiful moments, like getting to walk into the freak show mouth.

Orlando! They definitely got their mileage out of Twisty for it. I liked walking into the Iris and Liz Taylor shoot out.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Hey maybe the thread title should be changed now that we know the theme? And that it doesn't suck?

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > American Horror Story: Roanoke (it doesn't suck)

Though that would need to be changed again if it starts sucking.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Rockin Orthodontist posted:

Hey maybe the thread title should be changed now that we know the theme? And that it doesn't suck?

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > American Horror Story: Roanoke (it doesn't suck)

Though that would need to be changed again if it starts sucking.

I'm still supporting American Horror Story: Murde House

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I kinda want to leave it as a monument to the bullshit they put us through. But Murde House is almost too good.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Fun fact: the nurses were based on a real couple of lesbian nurses who suffocated elderly patients for fun. They actually did try to do the M-U-R-D-E-R thing with the names, but stopped because it was getting too hard to find targets in the right order.

ChakAttack
Apr 13, 2011

Lucania posted:

There is a theory that each episode represents a season of AHS - first episode was them moving into a Murder House, second episode had the nurses (Asylum), this episode had the medium (played by someone that only popped up in Coven), so maybe the next episode will tie in with Freak Show and bring up that Dandy Mott connection that Murphy talked about earlier. It would fit with Episode 6 being the turning point of the show

I love this theory and hope it's true.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Dienes posted:

Well from a YouTube walkthrough it looks like there's no mention of Coven so it already has that over the show.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

chitoryu12 posted:

Fun fact: the nurses were based on a real couple of lesbian nurses who suffocated elderly patients for fun. They actually did try to do the M-U-R-D-E-R thing with the names, but stopped because it was getting too hard to find targets in the right order.

That was a good read, they sure sucked at playing the prisoner's dilemma game.

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

I support the change of the title to Murde house.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

i too support murde

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

King Vidiot posted:

Well from a YouTube walkthrough it looks like there's no mention of Coven so it already has that over the show.

It just covers Murder House, Freak Show, and Hotel. Here's the one in Orlando that I've been to (the two videos show off slightly different runs through it):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QY-VEJlJEs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nShK5qy0b7M

And here's the one in Hollywood. It covers similar material but isn't constructed or arranged the same way, so it's a pretty different experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70v3Nc3n0pY

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

http://www.avclub.com/article/fx-renews-american-horror-story-seventh-season-243631

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Creepy pig dude cannot be killed by normal means

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
Dr. Exposition lives! :haw:

e: oh wonderful

Polygynous fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Oct 6, 2016

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
Denis o'hare's character is already the best character so far

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
well poo poo

LOOK WHO'S BACK

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

So Dandy's family built the house. There's your Freak Show reference.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Polygynous posted:

well poo poo

I wouldn't completely rule out Dr Exposition coming back after that :v:

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
There aren't enough :laffo: in the world for the ending to episode 3

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Oh that's mah Uber :haw:

CynCyanide
Mar 21, 2005

dance, water, dance!
What the hell is with GaGa's accent? What is she trying to do?

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

CynCyanide posted:

Early English plus Irish? I assume that's what she's trying to do.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
:mrapig:

Ambellina
Dec 6, 2005

Those who ride against us will be murdered where they stand
Okay AHS. You're good this season, but bring me Evan Peters.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

CynCyanide posted:

The character is named after a legendary Scottish Gaelic figure, so I'm guessing some kind of brogue. It's really bad though, even for AHS.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Edmund Lava posted:

The character is named after a legendary Scottish Gaelic figure, so I'm guessing some kind of brogue. It's really bad though, even for AHS.

At least she's only had like 2.5 lines so far.

CynCyanide
Mar 21, 2005

dance, water, dance!

Edmund Lava posted:

Oh jeez, I would've guessed German or something along those lines. Yikes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
That was a pretty okay episode. Too much exposition and people making ridiculous decisions, but whatever that's horror.

What really pisses me off is their lack of commitment to the gimmicky format (which I do like, theoretically). The stuff with Cricket time traveling makes no sense (narratively) within the show within a show, and in the end he wasn't even in the scene that he was taken back to for the audience's sake. It's so lazy and bad.

My wife is convinced that Evan Peters is the interviewer. Anyone else think that was his voice tonight?

• Locked thread