Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!
That Dan dude sure seems like someone with multiple aliases...

e: Gen I Doggles

HycoCam fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Oct 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

orcinus posted:

PSA: Microsoft dun CIG'd up again.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/why-windows-10-cumulative-update-kb3194496-is-failing-and-how-you-can-recover/

Time to defer the updates until the mess clears up.

Already fixed. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53942

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

janssendalt posted:

just a Hornet package
A few months ago you had two high-end ships and now just one? How long did you spend reading SA before wising up and getting a refund? (FFYI: May want to double check how bad the gray market has been tanking before trying the sold for a profit line.)

janssendalt posted:

I wanted to be a goon

but that was before all the goons went salty and the internet warlord PhD started calling them "my goons"
Should have spent that $10 on a spaceship skin..... What is it like to be an organized troll? Maybe do an AMA?

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Jimeth posted:

Hey everyone, what's been happening since the golf swing mechanics hit?

My refund came through today, and due to the steady decline of the Australian dollar, I made $50 profit off of Star Citizen.

Ha
Ha!
HAHAHAHA!

Nicely done Commando!

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

starkebn posted:

why the gently caress do these idiots feel the need to give gifts?

Beet Wagon posted:

He's probably driven to do it by the same thing that drives him to fill his wank room with a billion figurines and wall scrolls of a fictional anime song-person
^^ There is your answer. I'd imagine most people run from him after a short conversation unless they are a waiter, taxi driver, or anyone else forced to be around him to get paid.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Beet Wagon posted:

gently caress, I really hate "Pease Porridge Hot". FAU really hosed me on that one.

I need to change that poo poo back.

Huh? No idea what your talking about

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

What is it with Shitizens like DickWulf and Clifford having to pay people to be their friend?

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

CrazyTolradi posted:

What is it with Shitizens like DickWulf and Clifford having to pay people to be their friend?

would you be friends with DickWulf?

Flarpy
Aug 13, 2016

Jason Sextro posted:

Would you be for money?

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

CrazyTolradi posted:

What is it with Shitheads like Mr & Mrs Robert Space having socially awkward people pay tens of thousands of dollars to be their friends?

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
If we do form a cult, we have to do this, every wednesday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTIP7CAtAak

Rock, paper, scissors decides the food.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
Stay safe little getmoney :ohdear:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xICAY4tLA3k

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Flarpy posted:

Would you be for money?
Everything for Money

SpaceCurtisLeMay
Sep 30, 2016

We're at war with Goons. We were attacked by Goons. Do you want to kill Goons, or would you rather have Citizens killed?

Raskolnikov posted:

way to go thatguy!
There really is a large part of the active online SC "community" that is mentally ill. Sex addicts, people with PTSD, DickWulf going in for ECT, Miku with his depression meds, agoraphobics living off family/welfare, people living in mom's basement who think they're a wolf. loving SPACEBUNNY.

I've met all these people and more while I hung around the SC community. :smith:

It's a trait I've noticed over the years. The people I know who have spent the most all seem to have issues. They are either trying to buy respect or trying to find some sort of meaning in their lives through a video game. Frankly the ones who have spent the most are usually the ones who can afford it the least. And it's sad to say but when reality shatters their dreams there's going to be suicides. It's another reason why I want out. It was one thing to spend a couple hundred dollars 3 - 4 years ago when the genre was dead and I had been waiting for something to revive the genre. But it's become some kind of monster I no longer want anything to do with it.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
When does citcon start? I wanted to watch the hilarity live but I'm working all day saturday :(

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

good god I've never felt a stronger urge to tip a tub of mercury into an african river

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Star Citizen October 2016.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

"It's rare that it crashes... we've experienced... maybe... 1 or 2 a stream"

game of the loving year

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Jason Sextro posted:

No

Flarpy posted:

Would you be for money?
No

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

orcinus posted:

Nothing SC-related is healthy.

Except getting a refund

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

http://gearpatrol.com/2016/10/06/interview-chris-roberts-star-citizen-creator/

I can't wait, guys :allears:

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
wait what happened to the other star systems????

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

a whole buncha crows posted:

wait what happened to the other star systems????

they're being refactored

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Daztek posted:

I can't wait, guys :allears:

“We've got this great idea for space: we're going to make it feel really small and cramped.”
Because that's obviously what everyone feels has been missing from other space games.

Also, I can't help noticing that he's effectively denouncing Freelancer as not being one of his game, since it did the same thing, and also had the same kind of miniature celestials that SC seems to be aiming for.

Tippis fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Oct 6, 2016

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

No more refundsMVP confirmed

his nibs fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Oct 6, 2016

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Ms. Chanandler Bong posted:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/348572/how-much-have-you-spent

From the RSI forum users, more have spent over 10k than under 100 bucks. More have spent over 1000 dollars than under 1000 dollars. Most want to spend more.

:stonk:

Star Citizen spaceships jpegs are now ART, holy poo poo I'm dead.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

"We actually have a full universe simulation that runs on separate servers, responsible for deciding which planets are trading, which organization is doing what, which factories are doing well, who’s selling what, who needs what kind of goods. "
We have a simulation, but it's separate from the game.

"You can do whatever profession you want to do."
"It’s populating the universe with the various people going about their jobs, whether it’s a pirate, trader, bounty hunter, law enforcer "
So diverse.

"I think that makes the game quite different from a lot of the MMOs out there. We obviously haven’t got all this working;"

"there’s a lot of things people said we couldn’t do that we are doing right now."

"It’s going to take us longer to get to that nirvana of it all"

"I’m not looking at this game like I’m going to finish it"

Chris "getting bigger, better and richer over the years." Roberts

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Daztek posted:

Star Citizen spaceships jpegs are now ART, holy poo poo I'm dead.

Also, hasn't almost every AAA game ever been able to do that, to say nothing of all kinds of crowdfunded games or games with a significant fanbase? I have an EVE art book right here in my book shelf. I don't remember shoplifting it, soooo…

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Tippis posted:

Also, hasn't almost every AAA game ever been able to do that, to say nothing of all kinds of crowdfunded games or games with a significant fanbase? I have an EVE art book right here in my book shelf. I don't remember shoplifting it, soooo…

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

SelenicMartian posted:

"I’m not looking at this game like I’m going to finish it"

And that's the main problem right there.

In Chris' mind, the game will never be finished. So he promises feature after feature after feature, because with unlimited time, you can implement these features. The people listening to him, allthough, think that these features will exist...rather soon. In his mind, they will exist...sometime.

As long as he does not define certain milestones, basically his "MVP feature set", he will never know how far the project is, and when he can plan to release something.

That's project management 101. Plan the project with clearly defined milestones, and make sure that at every stage you can determin how far along/far away you are from reaching a certain milestone. Without that, you will never know where you are. Especially if you take achieved milestones, and put them back to zero (in his words: refactor) because you saw another game do it better.

I have a strong feeling that the most deciding factor for when the MVP is "finished" is not which features it contains, but at what time money gets critical, regardless of what is implemented or not. And the funny thing is that the shitizens simply don't get this. The more money they throw at Chris, the longer it will take before ANYTHING comes out of this that is not a buggy pre-alpha.

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

Today's Dream Exchange Rate:

1 Star Citizen = 200 Games That Exist.

If I buy in now, and sell when the exchange rate hits 400 GTE, I could make a fortune!

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/564iud/im_equal_parts_super_scared_and_mega_hyped/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjKnI1W86FU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://twitter.com/Kraiklyn_/status/783384161600012288

I dunno what any of this means but I'm sure it'll be good

:psyduck: :stonk:

Edit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5649fx/hints_from_twitter_that_buybacksunmelt_might_stop/

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

Havent yall ever thought of like learning to play an instrument or doing pushups or something.

Too buay with my parents...

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Samizdata posted:

Too buay with my parents...

Maybe you should all learn instruments and make a family band, huh?

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Translation: Please don't melt your own ships k? We need fresh money to keep CIG in business paying the chariman and his trophy wife their massively out-of-proportions salary.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Just saw the updated tracking regarding Matthews.

Stay safe Beet and family and dogge!!!!

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

One Man's Deja vu

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Hahahaha, oh my loving god, they are spreading literal FUD to trick people into putting fresh money instead of melting their ships. :ironicat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

This stuff annoys me. I got into an argument on another forum, where my comments got deleted in the end for trolling, where I was arguing that Star Citizen has done nothing new. It's all PR about how they have to re-invent every wheel ever made because Chris chose to use, and continues to stick with, possibly the worst engine for the project he could have ever picked.

Their entire rebuttal was "but have you played the PU for more than 5 minutes?".

• Locked thread