Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
boil all potatoes snype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
There is only one good kind of lalafell

Baked, cut open and butter shoved onto the innards.

Griz
May 21, 2001

the duel music owns and I hope they add it to the jukebox soon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTGhDklTOL0

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Legit though I think around the point where the refugee crisis subplot kicked in is when I went from "this is a pretty standard RPG plot with some fun and charming writing" to "oh wow I'm actually really interested in this story now"

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
We're going to build a wall to keep the Ascians out and make Zodiark pay for it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Lalafell NPCs are generally okay. Lalafell players who act like children are bad. Also Tataru is bad.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Lalafell NPCs are generally okay. Lalafell players who act like children are bad.
*nods sagely*

quote:

Also Tataru is bad.
[record scratch]

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

homeless snail posted:

*nods sagely*

[record scratch]

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Also Tataru is bad.

Mods?!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Rhymenoserous posted:

the crying potato really makes that picture

Doc is our spiritual (and actual I guess) raid leader and that fight nearly broke him. Those are tears of joy, I think.

Augus posted:

the buck-rear end naked guy with the badass mustache is my hero

Yellow Snow is amazing.

Verranicus posted:

kill all lalafell

This used to be part of our DRK's pull countdown macro. :rip:

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Lalafell NPCs are generally okay. Lalafell players who act like children are bad. Also Tataru is bad.

I have been playing so much since I started last week my life is falling apart and all I wanna do is watch lalafells act excited.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Pyronic posted:

I have been playing so much since I started last week my life is falling apart and all I wanna do is watch lalafells act excited.

A classic, right here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0Lmf9YbRh8

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Pyronic posted:

She acts like a toddler, when she's meant to be an adult. That's why she is bad.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I saw someone mention that datamining revealed all saint's wake this year was going to be a haunted house and now I need corroboration because I need this to be true

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

quote:

・An issue wherein the game client would crash if a player teleported to an housing area under certain conditions. (Windows only)

I know some people here were having an issue with that, so hey.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Oh so that was why I had a few random crashes. Thought it's because my graphics card needs a cleaning.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

She acts like a toddler, when she's meant to be an adult. That's why she is bad.

Notable toddler behavior:
  • Serving drinks in a seedy bar/entertaining locals to try and squeeze them for information
  • Being Eorzea's greatest accountant and constantly worrying about the heroes' finances
  • Mining while cursing how lazy her fellow workers are
  • Knife juggling

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If you aren't going to teach your kids to do that, what's the point in having them??

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

As a pointless random question, what do folks think is the easiest DPS class to play at the moment? Not the most effective, but the least amount of buff tracking and relatively low punishment for flubbing rotations and stuff like that.

Since I am old and incompetent. :saddowns:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Of the DPS I play (MNK quite a lot, SMN, BLM, MCH in that order of how often I play), Monk is definitely the easiest to get into and maintain an "acceptable" level of DPS, but that's not to say there's not a huge skill ceiling to mastering Monk.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

BRD's the easiest because all you're doing is keeping two dots up (with 1 button starting at level 56) and pressing your off GCD attacks as the pop off in simple priority list and popping buffs to maximize DoT damage and Burst damage.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Probably..bard?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

The most complex thing a BRD has to do is remember to cast Foe's Req if there's casters in the party and occasionally popping your instant cast esuna if the healers are busy.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Bard or Ninja.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Failboattootoot posted:

Bard or Ninja.
Ninja is simple in concept but I feel like in actual execution it's harder than bard.

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

Speaking of Lalafell which was the video set to rap of the Lalafell girl walking around Drybone?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Huh.Well, time to go gear up Bard then. :downs:

Related, I hear Mechanist is a lot harder, but glancing over the skills they seem fairly similar. I'm clearly missing something obvious there.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Also Tataru is bad.

What the gently caress.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The most complex thing a BRD has to do is remember to cast Foe's Req if there's casters in the party and occasionally popping your instant cast esuna if the healers are busy.
Foe's isn't even optional because you always have at least one caster, your healer, and even if they're an honest one its a good passive aggressive "please do damage" button. Its not like you're ever gonna actually sing ballad or paeon in 99% of content, and if you do you'll likely know ahead of time.

Also, not enough bards use paean, and its a real shame cause its a warrior's best friend. You can use it as soon as they use berserk and it cleanses their pacification before they even feel it, and you save your healers from carefully timing an esuna.

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

It doesn't feel right to kill an unarmed man... but I'll get over it.
My paean exists purely to cleanse my debuffs/mitigate my gently caress-ups, and maaaaaybe a friend if we're running something together. Pubbie tanks and their noisy berserk macros can get hosed/beg Selene for a cleanse like normal people.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

homeless snail posted:

save your healers from carefully timing an esuna.
lmao if you think I'm going to cleanse a warrior's pacification with a GCD that could be used to increase my sweet deeps.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Hey thread, been away for a bit whats going o-

Also Tataru is bad.

*slams door*

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

homeless snail posted:

Foe's isn't even optional because you always have at least one caster, your healer, and even if they're an honest one its a good passive aggressive "please do damage" button. Its not like you're ever gonna actually sing ballad or paeon in 99% of content, and if you do you'll likely know ahead of time.
What's the best way to use bard songs anyway? Is it just the "hit it ASAP during a boss fight or whatever, do it again once you've regenned some MP" it looks like, maybe with toggling it off during obvious downtime/invulnerable phases?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Hey thread, been away for a bit whats going o-

*slams door*

She forgot the first ru, too.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Lalafell are good, except for the onion haircut and the panic animation (it's the worst).

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

HenryEx posted:

and the panic animation (it's the worst).

It's today international bad opinion day? :wtc:

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

bring back 1.0, catgirl butts should be smaller, hilidbrand is a waste of dev time, more minfilia

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Asimo posted:

Huh.Well, time to go gear up Bard then. :downs:

Related, I hear Mechanist is a lot harder, but glancing over the skills they seem fairly similar. I'm clearly missing something obvious there.

Machinist revolves around those burst periods with Wildfire - you want to be able to remember the rotation to squeeze every possible ounce out of those 20s windows. Your refreshes are centered on your turret, so there are some situations where you might end up having to reposition or swap turrets as necessary.

Basically, it just involves a lot more mathcrafting and active thinking (I just got an ammo proc, but I need to refresh Hot Shot). If you can juggle all those lines of thinking while still Not Standing in Boss Attacks, MCH will do fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Yeah, from my experiences of playing MCH pretty much exclusively since 3.2 or so and then levelling BRD, MCH doesn't focus so much on its 2 dots being up constantly to maximize damage. It's all about them big Wildfire numbers. Especially the opener, it's one of the few classes where if I don't get my opener just right I get super annoyed (or if the boss teleports away right when the Wildfire tick gets to 1 :argh:)

Positioning the turret isn't that bad. I mostly have to intervene if the tank pulls everything away from my bishop and apart from the rook opener I tend to save hypercharge for quick mp restoration during downtime between phases or during big burst healing phases to give healers more breathing space. Or tp if it's needed though this is pretty rare.

• Locked thread