Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

On the other hand his starters were all reasonable picks who played and earned points, so he may have simply been satisfied to leave it as is.

This

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

I have a winning record for the first time in nineteen weeks

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Good job!

I fully expected to go 0-3 or maybe 1-2 waiting for Bell to come off suspension. 3-0 is pretty unexpected.

Interesting to look at the Points For. Team McLean is the other 3-0 team and he and I are separated in total Points For by exactly one point, 442.25 to 443.25.

Poor Ash Ketchum is right behind that, at 442.18, but has the misfortune of having been hit with the league's highest Points Against, so is understandably at 1-2. Whereas I've had the easiest time of it - I'm comboing league-highest Points For with league-lowest Points Against.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

I have two of the seven lowest scores in a week ytd so my team is looking pretty sharp

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
5th in the league in points scored, 4th in my division

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Horribly low Points For, and first in my division.

What a crapshoot.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
I started the season with five starting running backs. I now have one and a half depending on Chris Ivory's status. FML.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
There has been a trade: Kenny stills has been exchanged for derrick johnson

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Chen Kenichi posted:

I started the season with five starting running backs. I now have one and a half depending on Chris Ivory's status. FML.

To add to this I wish to take Jordan Howard off of Hawk Hunters' practice squad to start this week.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Start the clock!

Jordan Howard plays for the Chicago Bears, who are scheduled to play on Sunday. This is more than 72 hours from now, so this is a valid claim.
Note that "You attempt to steal a player by posting in this thread, as well as sending messages via the MFL interface to both the owner of the player, and all three commissioners." So please send messages to myself, Hixalot, and Spermy Smurf (the three commisioners). Hixalot owns the Hawk Hunters so that will satisfy the requirement.

Hixalot, you have 48 hours to respond, either by accepting the steal, or by committing to start Jordan Howard this Sunday.

Here's the taxi squad stealing rules. I keep forgetting to do it so I'm going to add those rules to our rules document right now.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

And I've added them to our official rules doc: see rules 9.5 through 9.10. I made minor edits for clarity but did not change any of the rules.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
edit: ok got it - the interface sucks so I have no idea who is getting sent what though!

vvv yeah that works - first time for everything - can someone confirm the message got received then?

Chen Kenichi fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Sep 29, 2016

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The explicit rule is that you send those messages via MFL, both to allow owners without PMs to send messages, and because users can receive emails from MFL but you can't be push-notified that you got a SA PM without third-party software.

e. "email to entire league" is also fine and probably more convenient.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Sep 29, 2016

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I just copy/paste emails from the team page for people.

Easier to be sure it goes, can see stuff in my sent items.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
OK I ended up posting something pretty much everywhere possible after not having a clue where things were on MFL, but I think I got it.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Leperflesh posted:

Start the clock!

Jordan Howard plays for the Chicago Bears, who are scheduled to play on Sunday. This is more than 72 hours from now, so this is a valid claim.
Note that "You attempt to steal a player by posting in this thread, as well as sending messages via the MFL interface to both the owner of the player, and all three commissioners." So please send messages to myself, Hixalot, and Spermy Smurf (the three commisioners). Hixalot owns the Hawk Hunters so that will satisfy the requirement.

Hixalot, you have 48 hours to respond, either by accepting the steal, or by committing to start Jordan Howard this Sunday.

Here's the taxi squad stealing rules. I keep forgetting to do it so I'm going to add those rules to our rules document right now.

I will commit to starting him.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Chen Kenichi posted:

OK I ended up posting something pretty much everywhere possible after not having a clue where things were on MFL, but I think I got it.

Cool.

You guys tell me if that rule is too obnoxious and us commissioners can debate it or whatever. I just imagined a situation where someone was a bit checked out for the week and I'd hate them to just not know their dude was getting stole.

Hixalot posted:

I will commit to starting him.

Right on.

Just a reminder although everyone should understand this by now: if a rookie gets started, at all, they are no longer eligible for anyone's practice squad forevermore.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

I couldn't blind waiver for Wednesday (inexplicably), I can't submit partial lineups, I can't start a player on bye, and I don't want to drop someone to start a fill in taxi squad defensive player until Saturday waivers are cleared. So I can't set a lineup before tonight's game.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
The only guy you have on the bench that could play is Jeremy Hill.

Do you want to start him?

If not, just snag someone saturday and fill your starting lineup right?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm still stuck in jury duty... I post during breaks but I don't want to try and fix issues on mfl using a kindle. I should be home by about half an hour before tonight's game but if another commissioner can figure out what's up before then, that'd be best.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

One thought: there's probably a setting somewhere prohibiting partial lineups, which we could relax. We don't have a league rule prohibiting that.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I changed this:

So that should fix it I think.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Also: ALLOW PARTIAL LINEUPS was already set to YES so that shouldn't be the issue.

He doesn't have anyone on IR that isn't injured, so that isn't causing the problem...

Any errors Bloody?

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Cool I've got a placeholder lineup set now, thanks

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Thanks for working that out.

I am condemned to a neverending jury selection hell. We're on day 4 with no end in sight.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Just say you're a racist

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
"I know what Jury Nullification is."

Over and out.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

My goal is not necessarily to be dismissed: I get paid in full during jury duty and I think I'd be a good juror. I just want the tedious hell of jury selection to end.

The judge is now bringing in another group of jurors because it looks likely we're going to run out... And that is delaying us another day and a half.

Also jury nullification doesn't work if everyone who knows about it blabs and then gets dismissed. I won't lie, but I'm not going to bring it up, either.

I sincerely doubt this trial would wind up tempting me to try nullification anyway, just due to the nature of the trial.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
2nd offensive play Stills nearly doubles his ytd points...

...on my bench.

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
stupid Watkins.. sigh

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Also dammit MFL says start time for IND/JAC game is at 9:30.......I guess it reports all times as EST still because whoops!

Chen Kenichi fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Oct 2, 2016

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Can I put in a claim to steal a player for week 5?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I don't see why not.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Spermy Smurf posted:

Can I put in a claim to steal a player for week 5?

Jokes on you pal, all three of my other QBs might not play next week so I'm gonna have to play Dak anyway!

Semi-related, do we have just 2 IR slots?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

yeah, 2 ir and 3 taxi.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
holy poo poo my RBs and WRs are thin once the bye weeks start happening

WR is mostly due to injury (K. Allen, Moncrief and Kevin White all down for at least half the year), but my RBs are just awful...I think I have too many defensive players.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I was all "oh five isn't that bad" and then I realized you have five defensive backs. And two linebackers and two defensive linemen.

Yeah. That's way too many, buddy! Nine guys to fill four positions. Oh make that ten, you have a rookie cornerback, too!

e. Also clearly I wildly underbid on my waiver grabs this week :argh:

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Oct 6, 2016

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Trying out the zero starting RB strategy this week!

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Chen Kenichi posted:

Trying out the zero starting RB strategy this week!

That's a bold strategy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Four teams with nonzero scores end the night within a quarter point of one another.

Football is weird.