Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Blind Pineapple posted:

"The Obama years in 9 charts"

Literally this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

dijon du jour posted:

Ohhhh. Yeah a few days ago I browsed Imgur's front page for the first time in, like, months and there were a bunch of posts about imgur ads trying to passively download poo poo onto people's computers.

Imgur's always been really terrible about ads. For a while I couldn't access imgur on my phone because every two seconds the site would redirect me to an app store page for some slot machine game or another. Thankfully I found an app that lets me access my uploads because that poo poo was awful.

at one point they allowed companies to put up obvious ads and the imgur community got mad because integrittttttttttyyyyyyyyyy esp as one of the ads involved someone mentioning "vegan chorizo" which triggered the gently caress out of them

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

unoplank posted:

When your sister busts your passive aggressive rear end in public:

Holy poo poo that's my cousin. He posts dumb vague whiny stuff like that all the time in between posts about nintendo or animation.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Wait I thought vampires can't be photographed.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

You probably shouldn't treat bruises by beating the bruise with stones.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Islam is the Lite Rock FM posted:

Wait I thought vampires can't be photographed.

"Utahna" backwards... is DRACULA !!!

p.s. you have got such a great username

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
Front page:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I wonder if they specifically looked for a race that a white sprinter won?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Do you really have to ask?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

It really upsets me how much people miss the point with stuff like this.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Our angsty Canadian anti-Liberal gun fan is back today.

There must be some filter that's deliberately doing this poo poo to images. Right? Like, this low-quality poo poo has to be a meme of some sort.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

There's a good comic I can't find that would be a nice response to that. It has a black person and a white person both on a race track of equal length. The white guy just has to jump over a hurdle and a kiddie pool, while the black person has a ball and chain around her leg and a bunch of poo poo like barbed wire, land mines, and a spike pit in her way.

And she's being told "We both need to go the same distance! It's equal!"

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
Been absent for a while but saw this today:

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

hanales posted:

I thought that marked either brothels or Satanic covens.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Surprise, it actually marks heavily armed meth labs

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
Good idea to broadcast a signal saying there are expensive and valuable guns in this house. Or maybe the owners never leave home, hmm.

edit: read it wrong, but still applies I guess.

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

hanales posted:

Before I finished reading the whole post I thought that this was the bulb-industry's way to sell red bulbs and monetize on current-events. Yes, I am a cynical man.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Big bulb at it again.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Field Mousepad posted:

Big bulb at it again.

That whole industry needs to get their head screwed on.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
How many activists would it take to change the bulb industry?

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Counterpoint:

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Baron Corbyn posted:

I wonder if they specifically looked for a race that a white sprinter won?

Considering the first few pages must've been various pictures of Bolt pulverising his opponents, I'd say they probably spent an unhealthy but somewhat impressive amount of energy on finding this picture.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

hanales posted:

I thought that a red-light district was for prostitution and sex-related businesses. Big surprise for millions of homeowners in the future!

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Slamhound posted:

Counterpoint:

have you ever actually watched a race on a circular course

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Slime posted:

have you ever actually watched a race on a circular course

the mindset that thinks everyone in the US has equal opportunities by default and welfare/the EEOC/affirmative action/etc are unfair steps up for the non-white-male population is a mindset that would think staggered beginnings for a circular course are also unfair steps up

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

InediblePenguin posted:

the mindset that thinks everyone in the US has equal opportunities by default and welfare/the EEOC/affirmative action/etc are unfair steps up for the non-white-male population is a mindset that would think staggered beginnings for a circular course are also unfair steps up

i think what we have here is a breakdown of communication

see i was assuming that slamhound was declaring staggered beginnings to be unfair, while in actuality they're that way to compensate that the inner track is shorter than the outer track if you all start and end in the same place (white people are on the inside track when everyone starts in the same spot)

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Slime posted:

i think what we have here is a breakdown of communication

see i was assuming that slamhound was declaring staggered beginnings to be unfair, while in actuality they're that way to compensate that the inner track is shorter than the outer track if you all start and end in the same place (white people are on the inside track when everyone starts in the same spot)
I meant it as a counterpoint to the dipshit image. Staggered beginnings are fair for the reasons you mention. They're also fairly common.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

I'm so glad someone on my friends list subscribes to the Anti-Feminazi Facebook page.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I'm so glad someone on my friends list subscribes to the Anti-Feminazi Facebook page.

what does this even mean

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Simsmagic posted:

what does this even mean

Everybody should major in Animal Husbandry. Not you, feminazi; it's not called Animal Wifery, now is it?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Simsmagic posted:

what does this even mean

I have no god drat clue. He's the same guy that posts every boob meme he can while tagging his wife.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Simsmagic posted:

what does this even mean

Don't have a cow woman?

poo poo I dunno.

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Simsmagic posted:

what does this even mean

There are a bunch of pictures like that that compare different goverment ideologies to cow ownership, so I guess someone made an mra one.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I didn't learn how to feed cows in my calculus class either. Guess I'm hosed for life.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

It means

a woman (feminist) has two cows. The cows are symbolic of other things such as experience, marketable skills and the abilities to lead a successful life

Because she spent all her time on gender studies (or presumably any other subject the author considers useless, such as probably an art degree) the woman has no idea of how to feed her two cows (remember, the cows are symbolic)

The cows (symbolic) die, meaning the woman now has a degree in a useless field where there is very little real-world application and has no useful experience or marketable skills to find gainful employment in the real world.

The man, not having wasted his time, has an abundance of what the woman lacks and therefore has more cows.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Munchables posted:

There are a bunch of pictures like that that compare different goverment ideologies to cow ownership, so I guess someone made an mra one.

And now matter how many times I see it, I still crack a grin at the British one: "You have two cows. Both are mad"

Staryberry
Oct 16, 2009

My aunt posted a reply of "God bless our troops" before someone let the op in on the joke and it was deleted. :3:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Staryberry posted:

My aunt posted a reply of "God bless our troops" before someone let the op in on the joke and it was deleted. :3:

In the 80s the same "are troops" crowd would have been ridiculing Vietnam vets for being failures who suck at war.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Maker Of Shoes posted:

He's the same guy that posts every boob meme he can while tagging his wife.

What a world we live in that this ridiculous sentence could actually mean the same thing to two completely different people who have never met.