Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

HAhahaa gently caress you Dan Matha.

Best possible outcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Sigma posted:

Dan Matha is a body guy in NXT. This should go well

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Fire that interviewer, she should have danced with them.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I love how people are mad that they teamed No Way Jose and Swann together even though they are great at their gimmicks

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
That was the only way I was possibly going to enjoy Matha's debut

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Question- why do women seem so eager to mock their fell women wrestlers while they're being checked for concussions/etc? Seems really mean.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

:yeah:

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
That was a fun match.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Almas has become Ingobernable!!!!!!

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Oh poo poo that was brutal lol, a great turn and a feud between them would be awesome.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

almas treading water for a long while and losing a lot of matches so this was a good turn for traction

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

MinibarMatchman posted:

almas treading water for a long while and losing a lot of matches so this was a good turn for traction

:yeah:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

He looks so relieved to be a heel again

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

not sure if it's a spoiler still about who's in Sanity but for anyone who already knows, I had questions about the people involved: I know Nikki Storm is great and I know who Eric Young is but does anybody have any thoughts on Alex Wolfe and Sawyer Fulton? No idea what they're like or what their pedigree is.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
i just started watching (i wanted to play destiny but my roommate is a more regular nxt watcher than i am so i'm watching with him since he's hogging the ps4!) and why is no one talking about patrick clark's ring attire

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

abraham linksys posted:

i just started watching (i wanted to play destiny but my roommate is a more regular nxt watcher than i am so i'm watching with him since he's hogging the ps4!) and why is no one talking about patrick clark's ring attire

it's awful. the faces he was making reminded me of that guy in TNA who squirted lotion all over himself lol

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

prince is good

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
omg the dan matha fakeout

i love you nxt

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

It seemed like Clark did something during his entrance that didn't fly with WWE. The camera stayed on Swann's reaction while Clark was on the apron and there was an audible reaction from the crowd. What did he dooooo??

Also, RIP America Tights.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Is Clark the one who tried to call out Cage for gimmick infringement

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
I don't think Rich Swann can handle this...

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
So is Patrick Clarke's gimmick that he's desperately searching for a gimmick?

e: lol Dan Matha looks loving terrified on his way to the ring

dordreff fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Oct 6, 2016

Mystery Opponent
Sep 27, 2006

but u was a real nigga
i could sense it in u

oatgan posted:

a man's got bills to pay and you'd deny him the opportunity to have sex with another man on camera again? THIS industry

Look man, Candy HAD TO GO

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
I love the Authors of Pain. Big angry Hoss teams are almost always fun.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I wish they fed the authors of pain to the bollywood boys

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh my God that Matha debut was loving perfection. Just amazing.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

I love how people are mad that they teamed No Way Jose and Swann together even though they are great at their gimmicks

"Can you handle this? No Way Jose!" is such a perfect call and response, too.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The Full Sail audience trying to dance to the Bollywood Boys' entrance was quite possibly the whitest thing I've ever seen.

MinibarMatchman posted:

not sure if it's a spoiler still about who's in Sanity but for anyone who already knows, I had questions about the people involved: I know Nikki Storm is great and I know who Eric Young is but does anybody have any thoughts on Alex Wolfe and Sawyer Fulton? No idea what they're like or what their pedigree is.

The former only signed a year ago but has been on the indies for a long time and was wXw champ for a time. He seems pretty decent though I haven't seen him a whole lot of his stuff. The latter has been jobbing in NXT for like 4 years and used to tag with Angelo Dawkins. He never stood out much to me.

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo

MinibarMatchman posted:

it's awful. the faces he was making reminded me of that guy in TNA who squirted lotion all over himself lol

Former WWE United States Champion, Orlando Jordan?

Co-owned by former WWE United States Champion, Orlando Jordan?

FullMetalJackoff fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Oct 6, 2016

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Basic Chunnel posted:

If they have any sense they'll turn Almas heel and put him in a feud with hot face Cedric

Reading the spoilers and then "guessing" all the results is Chris Regal's gimmick at TNA Mecca. Be careful you don't get sued for gimmick infringement.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

dordreff posted:

So is Patrick Clarke's gimmick that he's desperately searching for a gimmick?

e: lol Dan Matha looks loving terrified on his way to the ring

I had the same thought about Patrick and that might actually be a fun deal. It helps that his time on Tough Enough was spent trying to say exactly what people wanted to hear, so he's always been a guy in search of an identity.

Matha getting completely chumped made all of the hype videos worth it, especially because Joe didn't sneak attack him. Matha had all the chance in the world to defend himself and got headbutted into local enhancement talent territory.

only temporary
Sep 3, 2006
Andrade soaking in the "you suck!" chants as the show went off was a great ending. He acts like such a natural heel

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Phenix Rising posted:

It seemed like Clark did something during his entrance that didn't fly with WWE. The camera stayed on Swann's reaction while Clark was on the apron and there was an audible reaction from the crowd. What did he dooooo??

Also, RIP America Tights.

I wanna know tooooo

Also, holy loving bacne on Matha barf

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

https://twitter.com/DotNetZim/status/776578867901456384

Maybe it cut away from that? I didn't see it

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
The Artist Formally Known AsPrince Iaukea and Orlando Jordan are not careers I'd want to model my own after, but bless Patrick for giving it a shot. He looked fine, even if the gimmick is clearly doomed.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

can we talk about how loving bad Matha's music is, I legit thought it was gonna be for a women's match or something.
Also I've started to just refer to him as Diaper Muscles.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Norwegian Rudo posted:

Reading the spoilers and then "guessing" all the results is Chris Regal's gimmick at TNA Mecca. Be careful you don't get sued for gimmick infringement.
Booking isn't rocket science

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

MinibarMatchman posted:

can we talk about how loving bad Matha's music is, I legit thought it was gonna be for a women's match or something.
Also I've started to just refer to him as Diaper Muscles.

I'm assuming the music and tights and everything were just as off-the-shelf as possible because he was only there for the Joe beatdown gimmick.

If we ever see him again they'll give him something resembling real shorts.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

MinibarMatchman posted:

FullMetalJackoff posted:

Former WWE United States Champion, Orlando Jordan?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ias1cneqfA

Simply the greatest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigDanRTW
Aug 24, 2003
Authors of Pain looking like unstoppable hosses in the first round of a tournament!
Rich Swann is fun in the ring!
Rich Swann and No Way Jose are a perfect tag team!
Bobby Roode posing like an arrogant dick while Tye is trying to talk poignantly about Dusty Rhodes!
Fun match between Revival and Almas/Cedric!
Almas heel turn that makes complete sense!

I really liked this edition of NXT!

• Locked thread