Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Phimosissy posted:

That sure is some delicious looking cake hooo boy

It's not liver? I bet if you ate that it'd taste like liver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

Nice job, colorist.

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution
An untranslated Asaekkiga!

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

Green Intern posted:

So I guess GoComics put a character limit on comments?

Good to know that they seem to compare their creepy observations about LuAnn on par with the Gettysburg Address.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Nenonen posted:

(it's ironic because Nancy herself is a zombie)

So apparently it's "Steal Other People's Characters" week in Nancy OH WAIT that's every loving week.

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Selachian posted:

So apparently it's "Steal Other People's Characters" week in Nancy OH WAIT that's every loving week.

'Stealing'? No, Guy Gilchrist is just producing loving tributes to America's favorite comic and cartoon characters! Which is why Casper the Friendly Ghost is snide and depressed!

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Good Listener posted:

gently caress off Casper. No one's nostalgic about you.

Yeah. Nobody.
(sniff)

:smith:

Skippy (August 6-8, 1929)

Peanuts (October 9, 1969)

Funky Winkerbean

Fun fact: The Hollywood sign is trademarked by the Chamber of Commerce, and they're not afraid to take some jerk to the mat to protect their rights. Expect your cease-and-desist letter by the end of the week, TomBat!

Crankshaft

"Ahahahaha, but seriously, let's call 911 now and beat the rush."

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (December 2-3, 1929)

Thimble Theater (April 25, 1930)

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Kumaton posted:

'Stealing'? No, Guy Gilchrist is just producing loving tributes to America's favorite comic and cartoon characters! Which is why Casper the Friendly Ghost is snide and depressed!

What I like is when he draws Nancy reading the comics page and just sticks in characters that are not comic-strip characters in a continued bid for those sweet Reminisce Magazine syndication bucks, and they're just big giant heads for ease of recognition

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Beetle Bailey

Is Beetle involved in actual warfare? Has that ever happened before?

Fred Basset

Frog Applause

Ginger Meggs

Kliban

Lockhorns

Moose and Molly

Office Hours

One Big Happy

Reply All

Shoe

Ziggy

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

treasureplane posted:

Alley Oop (October 24 & 25, 1933)

Just want to say thanks for posting this, it's my favorite strip in the thread right now and feels pretty dang fresh for being 80+ years old.

Bimmi fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Oct 6, 2016

sweetguts
Apr 29, 2013

I know what I'm about.

Evil Mastermind posted:

Working Daze starts the kid on the classic early. And yes, they let their manager name their kid.

Yeah, just hold your less-than-a-week-old infant just like that, barely supporting her at all, while you're distracted with TV and popcorn. this child is going to die.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Somebody should go to GoComics and tell that for a measley :10bux: they could comment as much as they want... :v:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Nenonen posted:

Somebody should go to GoComics and tell that for a measley :10bux: they could comment as much as they want Mordock999 to start reading Working Daze

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Pastry of the Year posted:

What I like is when he draws Nancy reading the comics page and just sticks in characters that are not comic-strip characters in a continued bid for those sweet Reminisce Magazine syndication bucks, and they're just big giant heads for ease of recognition

She only reads the "motivation of the day" segment before throwing the paper away.

Tiggum posted:

Beetle Bailey

Is Beetle involved in actual warfare? Has that ever happened before?

It's long been accepted for a fact that General Halftrack's regiment got overrun by the Chinese counter-offensive in late 1950, which is why everyone is still wearing old uniforms and using old M1 rifles. They're ghosts doomed to fight eternal in the hills of Unsan.

Nenonen fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Oct 6, 2016

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

bean_shadow posted:

Good to know that they seem to compare their creepy observations about LuAnn on par with the Gettysburg Address.

You can tell he's copy pasting because he's not writing it as"Four Score and seven Years ago our Fathers brought Forth on This Continent..."

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

sweetguts posted:

Yeah, just hold your less-than-a-week-old infant just like that, barely supporting her at all, while you're distracted with TV and popcorn. this child is going to die.

This turning into Loss 2.0 would actually be incredible beyond thought. I'm absolutely in favor of it.

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.

Nenonen posted:

She only reads the "motivation of the day" segment before throwing the paper away.

It's long been accepted for a fact that General Halftrack's regiment got overrun by the Chinese counter-offensive in late 1950, which is why everyone is still wearing old uniforms and using old M1 rifles. They're ghosts doomed to fight eternal in the hills of Unsan.

Does anyone still have that edit where Beetle and Sarge realize that they're dead?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Look at those fish

they know

AND THEY PLEAD FOR RELEASE

cultureulterior
Jan 27, 2004

Transmodiar posted:

Modesty Blaise

Yep, now as then, Canary Wharf is a perfect killing ground.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Still, guys. Just think what would have happened to history if Lincoln could never have made his famous "Gettysburg Post to a Comic Strip on Gocomics."

F Minus

I wouldn't mind being sent overseas for work, honestly. I guess it might depend on how long and where though.

Mary Worth

Ugh they're both going to wind up going to an NA meeting together, aren't they?

Rex Morgan MD

They haven't gotten Michael's opinion yet. Wait a minute. Where is he anyways?

Secret Agent X-9

Apartment 3-G

Looks like Luann is a big Spider-Man fan.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

They haven't gotten Michael's opinion yet. Wait a minute. Where is he anyways?

They're starting his Harry Potter training early.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

The Lockhorns are such a weird cultural artifact from a different time. A married couple who just absolutely loving hates each other guts; there's no affection, no warmth, no camaraderie, and the only reason one hasn't killed the other yet is that they are too afraid of prison. To the modern eye everytime I read the Lockhorns I think "just get a divorce if you consistently hate each other so much" but I guess before divorce was more socially common everyone knew a couple that just openly hated each other.

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
Rarebit Fiend (click for huge)

Outbursts of Everett True (July, 1915)

And He Did.

Guess If They Are Married!

Banana Oil!

The Gay Thirties (January 1935)

They’ll Do It Everytime (December 1939)

Mopsy (June, 1940)

Feiffer (click for big) (1967)

Jaf

Andy Capp (click for big) (September, 1970)

Mr. Tweedy (September, 1970)

Wee Pals (click for big) (October 1970)

Richard’s Poor Almanac

Dick Tracy (July 2009)

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

It's vote time! Unfortunately, getting the vote out is easier said than done. There are hundreds of submissions, each lamer than the last, and the site makes you sift through them just a few at a time. I know you'll find this hard to believe, but it's pretty poorly thought out. But give it a try! You know, if you want. If you find a good one, share the number so we can vote on it, too.

The Amazing Spider-Man

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Wait, I thought it was Luann's dress the fans were deciding on. It's a side characters??? Laaaaaaame.

sweetguts
Apr 29, 2013

I know what I'm about.

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

It's vote time! Unfortunately, getting the vote out is easier said than done. There are hundreds of submissions, each lamer than the last, and the site makes you sift through them just a few at a time. I know you'll find this hard to believe, but it's pretty poorly thought out. But give it a try! You know, if you want. If you find a good one, share the number so we can vote on it, too.

I scrolled through about 400 of them and found a few gems.

what a touching tribute
stripper salsa dancer?
it's a nice day for a goth wedding
just set yourself on fire, be literally on loving fire
tacky hawaiian shirt dress
fire axe dress
I think this one is a joke, but I do hope they actually cut the cake with a fire axe

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet
I haven't seen them all yet, but #208 is pretty great.

E.^^^^^^
That fire one and the last one are amazing!

JaggerMcDagger fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Oct 6, 2016

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

http://luannfan.com/contest-photo/539/

I'm a fan of this confusing thing.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I love that the Evanses accepted every single entry, even the ones that are obviously trolling.

The Classic Dinette Set knows a scam when they see one.

Working Daze is already done with the whole "baby" thing.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix is making America great again.

Is "Throwback Thursday" actually a thing offices do? I don't think I've ever seen it mentioned outside of Working Daze.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

http://luannfan.com/contest-photo/40/

I think I found Mordock999's entry.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I like the ones that were clearly made in Second Life.

http://luannfan.com/contest-photo/161/

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Definitely voting for the traffic cone fire axe thing. I just love the idea of her buying a wedding dress off the rack that is fire fighter or 9/11 themed.

Savidudeosoo
Feb 12, 2016

Pelican, a Bag Man

Julet Esqu posted:

Definitely voting for the traffic cone fire axe thing. I just love the idea of her buying a wedding dress off the rack that is fire fighter or 9/11 themed.

What number is that one?

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

423. It's the last one sweetguts linked.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Julet Esqu posted:

Those are firehose nozzles. The dress is made of firehose wrapped around her body.

Also, it has a belt.

Savidudeosoo
Feb 12, 2016

Pelican, a Bag Man

Julet Esqu posted:

Ah, somehow missed the post. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Johnny Walker posted:

Those are firehose nozzles. The dress is made of firehose wrapped around her body.

Also, it has a belt.

Even better!

Phantom Classic

They did say so. Furthermore, I'LL HAVE EVERYBODY ARRESTED.

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

• Locked thread