Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

temple posted:

Rey should become a half-jedi half space angel and block death star attacks with her lightsaber and get a hoverboard and do oilies off of the Millennium Falcon while chopping troopers in half and be president of the galaxy.

What if Rey's secret isn't that she's Luke's daughter, what if she's actually Buster Machine 7?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Pretty obvious that Luke has turned evil and is the monster man in disguise and Ray will also turn evil and be redeemed by the stormtroopers guy and that the kyle Ren guy will turn good and that Han solo isn't dead

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
They telegraphed that poo poo pretty much entire run time and if you'd have opened your eyes you would have seen it

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Guy Goodbody posted:

What if Rey's secret isn't that she's Luke's daughter, what if she's actually Buster Machine 7?

I'm having trouble imagining a Disney movie where the princesses have their tits flopping out.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

FedEx Mercury posted:

I'm having trouble imagining a Disney movie where the princesses have their tits flopping out.

Maybe if Disney ever made a female character as strong and empowered as Noriko they'd get a pass on showing some titty

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
you know how they said TFA took no risks well a good risk for the sequel to take would be when he confronts leia instead of being like son I love you please come back she just straight up ices his whiny rear end

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
And then turns the gun on herself.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
luke: how could you do that to your son?
leia, walking away: he was always just like his father.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

proof of concept posted:

you know how they said TFA took no risks well a good risk for the sequel to take would be when he confronts leia instead of being like son I love you please come back she just straight up ices his whiny rear end

And she can do it without showing a hint of emotion on her face

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Personally I would prefer to never see Carry Fisher on the screen ever again.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Gammatron 64 posted:

Rey on the other hand automatically knows how to fly the Falcon like a pro as well as fix it

because she's worked in that junkyard her whole life, and knows it and other ships well enough to know it is garbage and others are not

taco_fox
Dec 14, 2005

as long as Plinkett was droning on about dumb fan theories, he should have debunked the Mary Sue thing too

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

taco_fox posted:

as long as Plinkett was droning on about dumb fan theories, he should have debunked the Mary Sue thing too

He probably didn't because its true.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
the next film could turn her mary sue status on its ear depending on how luke handles her and how scarhead handles bitchboy

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

I'm only excited for Rogue One because we get the old retro costume and ship look. none of this "x-wings are like still the same... but just cut their engines in half"

also Forrest Whitaker's voice over feels so outta place. idk why

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
If Star Wars merchandise/articles weren't being shoved into our collective asses at every opportunity I think everybody'd be on board for Rogue One. For now I'm dreading the holiday season.

Which Rogue One Character Are You? Take our quiz and find out!
Top Ten Theories To the Plot of Rogue One!
Will You Choose the Light Side or the Dark Side at McDonalds?
May the Force Be With You at our upcoming liquidation sale!

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
Here's a fun game you can play, guess how many Rogue One toys will get discarded or thrown in the dumpster a year after they're released.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Zmej posted:

I'm only excited for Rogue One because we get the old retro costume and ship look. none of this "x-wings are like still the same... but just cut their engines in half"

also Forrest Whitaker's voice over feels so outta place. idk why

Rogue One isn't a noir film about cops. criminals and or soldiers or a period piece in the slave holding South?

Vegg220
Sep 2, 2016

by 2017 exmarx
Thanks for the kind words. If you think rey is a Mary sue it's almost certainly because you're mad about a female protagonist in a film who doesn't take her shirt off.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Vegg220 posted:

Thanks for the kind words. If you think rey is a Mary sue it's almost certainly because you're mad about a female protagonist in a film who doesn't take her shirt off.

lol at you, goon sire

Vegg220
Sep 2, 2016

by 2017 exmarx
Gbs, 1986: oh so not only is she an expert on aliens she's also better at tactics than military commanders AND can fight in a power loader AND operate a machine gun and flamethrower as good as a marine after 20 seconds of training AND she's a supermom? This is why I'm voting for David Duke

Vegg220 fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Oct 7, 2016

Vegg220
Sep 2, 2016

by 2017 exmarx
I've been watching this lady in the movie for 10 minutes now and she hasn't even blown a pizza man. Is this some kind of joke?

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
lol are you pissed for real?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vegg220 posted:

Maybe The Force Awakens isn't that well-written

Vegg220
Sep 2, 2016

by 2017 exmarx
How the hell would Sarah Conner know how to operate a machine press to kill the terminator? She was a waitress. Oh, she JUST HAPPENED to find a press rated for crushing indestructible future metal? #whitegenocide

Vegg220
Sep 2, 2016

by 2017 exmarx

Pinch Me Im Meming posted:

lol are you pissed for real?

I'm making fun of you and Mad as he'll...

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Vegg220 posted:

How the hell would Sarah Conner know how to operate a machine press to kill the terminator? She was a waitress. Oh, she JUST HAPPENED to find a press rated for crushing indestructible future metal? #whitegenocide

lurk more

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think Star Wras 7 isn't as good as Terminator 2 or Aliens for a lot of reasons, and the quality of the mian character is one of them

Vegg220
Sep 2, 2016

by 2017 exmarx

Lol

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

oooooh my goooooooooooood! lol i like rlm

Vegg220
Sep 2, 2016

by 2017 exmarx

Wiggles Von Huggins posted:

oooooh my goooooooooooood! lol i like rlm

Same.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

I wasn't joking.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
Besides, making ripley care for the child in Aliens was the worst thing you could in terms of character development.

"Oh wait she was a woman in the fist movie? Guess she's got to be a mom then!" - James Cameron

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
Luckily everyone dies but her in the third movie so we can get the 4th one which is the best one.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't think there's anything inherently sexist about a woman being a mom

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

I don't think there's anything inherently sexist about a woman being a mom

have you ever been mistaken for a mom?

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Happy 'n' Sassy Movie Lads

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pinch Me Im Meming posted:

have you ever been mistaken for a mom?

I'm not a woman

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

I liked the joke about Maz Kanata having butthole eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Mike smiles when he drinks a big beer and Jay is happy to watch his friend

• Locked thread