Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Turbosnowy
Nov 8, 2007

"Playboy is breaking new ground. The magazine that was once home to sexy centerfolds and naked women is featuring its very first model in a hijab: 22-year-old Noor Tagouri.

Tagouri appears in the magazine's October issue -- which highlights renegades in various fields -- wearing a leather jacket, Converse sneakers, and her hijab. The journalist, who contributes to news outlet Newsy, has garnered national attention for being an on-air news personality proudly wearing a hijab.

The West Virginia native is first generation Libyan-American. She points to her background as helpful in her profession. "Being a hijabi Muslim woman helps me gain trust. I say, ‘I know what it’s like to be misrepresented in the media. I won’t do that to you.'"

http://www.oxygen.com/very-real/introducing-playboys-first-model-in-a-hijab

She shared that the decision to do Playboy was something she took seriously. " This wasn’t a decision that I could take lightly," she shares on Instagram. "I spent time talking to my family and mentors, praying about it, and asking the writers a ton of questions. While doing my research, I learned that the magazine was committed to putting social justice and cultural progress at the forefront of their mission. It may sound wrong and it may make you uncomfortable to associate Playboy with social justice and cultural progress, but that’s what I do."

So I saw this on BBC news and so yeah, turns out some hot Libyan-American is doing playboy in a hijab to promote women as non sexual objects and do other pro-womeny things I guess, whatever that may be, whilst basically posing as being extremely sexually attractive (which she is) for general male consumption - but of course this is about not being a sexual object or something, whilst doing exactly that which she is not supposed to be doing, or doing something which is anti what she is doing in opposition to what it is she is doing as a statement against what she is doing as she is opposed to it being done by people.... or.. orrrrr....Hnnnnnng I am confused. Help me GBS. This appears to my simple mind a classical Trump situation i.e. somone says/does something then contradict it in the same loving sentence/action and noone is seemingly supposed to be the wiser.

Turbosnowy fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Oct 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
Playboy's really floundering these days huh?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
This may be my new fetish.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

EorayMel posted:

This may be my new fetish.

poo poo, join the club. i been in this game for years now.

El Duderino
Mar 28, 2003

If you're not into that whole brevity thing..
Tits or GTFO

Turbosnowy
Nov 8, 2007
for the real deal you need to check out the sexxayy beachware hijabs on ebay - they do it them in all sizes, or so someone may have told me, not that I would know of course.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Hell yeah

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

wooo-man

foreignbad????

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
Oh jesus I misread the topic I thought you said a Jihad hits playboy. This isn't really much of a bold step for Playboy. I saw a Playboy last week and it's like they rebranded themself as Maxim For Hipsters or something. Honest to god they had a pictorial of a woman but then she had drawings on her private parts and when I looked for the jokes instead it had recipies for artisanal bespoke Jager bombs.

tie-dye my titties
Jun 14, 2014

by WE B Boo-ourgeois
Holy gently caress she is ridiculously good looking

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Meh insha'llah

Turbosnowy
Nov 8, 2007
nothing wrong with being a woman or being foreign to whatever nationality you may find yourself to be - more an anti cray-cray where for example you may find yourself standing on a platform and declare yourself against pointless violence or something whilst gunning down the crowd with a giant belt fed minigun - oh right, hypocrite was the word I was looking for.

Cool. Hypocrite, gotta remember that one.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
PYF artisanal bespoke Jager bomb recipe

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps

Turbosnowy posted:

oh right, hypocrite was the word I was looking for.

Or maybe women feeling good and sexy about themselves isn't 100% about male gaze every time huh.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Where the tits?

Turbosnowy
Nov 8, 2007

Roylicious posted:

Or maybe women feeling good and sexy about themselves isn't 100% about male gaze every time huh.

That would be true, but most women I would think would not pose for playboy in order to feel good and sexy about themselves, rather than for the male gaze. I would fathom a guess that playboy is about 99% for the male gaze with 0.1% for any random articles they may not do about cars* and .9% for lesbians who also like looking at hot t&a.

*not read a a playboy in years so dunno if they still do silly things about things not relating to jiggly bits.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Bananana posted:

Where the tits?

They still have tits there's just clothes on them now. :smug:

Turbosnowy
Nov 8, 2007

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

They still have tits there's just clothes on them now. :smug:

It's a bit of a Schrodingers Cat thing.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

The Bananana posted:

Where the tits?

Not in Playboy anymore!

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Turbosnowy posted:

It's a bit of a Schrodingers Cat thing.

That pussy is... wet. :smuggo:

Turbosnowy
Nov 8, 2007
You win, close thread.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
where my countr,y gone???

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's cool how quick the alt right are to adopt the empty mannerisms of SJWs.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Gamer With Dignity posted:

Is Playboy part of the alt-right or the SJW team?

*gets pen and notebook ready*

Turbosnowy
Nov 8, 2007

Gamer With Dignity posted:

Who is the alt right here and what are the empty mannerisms - does it involve hijabs or tits?

This is important.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Why would you post a thread like this and no pictures of the playboy girl op, you lazy turd

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Lol

Turbosnowy
Nov 8, 2007

Sheep-Goats posted:

Why would you post a thread like this and no pictures of the playboy girl op, you lazy turd

I thought I would protect her modesty - seems in keeping with her intentions.... or does it?

Or maybe I dunno if SA accepts imgbam links, or maybe because I linked a url which takes you to a page which has pics of how ridiculously attractive she is available to you with less effort (one click of a mouse button) than you making your post complaining about lack of pics in the 1st place.

Take your pick. I know which one I would go for, but I didn't list that because it's a secret... shh

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Sheep-Goats posted:

My thoughts exactly

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

Hector Beerlioz posted:

My thoughts exactly

also what is that link

i want an imgur album not a tmz ripoff if im supposed to jerk off to this

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Playboy once had an 11 year old as a model.

Pretty hard to sink lower than that.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Does she keep the hsjib on when the tits and pussy are out for the centerfold?

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Rush Limbo posted:

Playboy once had an 11 year old as a model.

Pretty hard to sink lower than that.

I can think of 10 other ways

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
hijabs get me horny

Turbosnowy
Nov 8, 2007
OK you heathens, you forced me to learn the dark arts of intrawebz and put a pic up of the aforementioned ridiculously hot damsel in question - not sure if it will get your rocks off but maybe the full PB spread will! Who knows - just remember it's not about you getting your rocks off though - it's about progressive womeny things and definately not about looking really hot and getting alot of publicity/cash/movie offers based on sex appeal and so forth - it's progressive you see.

Griz
May 21, 2001

Turbosnowy posted:

*not read a a playboy in years so dunno if they still do silly things about things not relating to jiggly bits.

the playboy article on Vile Rat was better than pretty much everything else from non-gaming media outlets

polysynth
Dec 12, 2006

rock out
This is SO freaking #brave.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
She's doing it because they're paying her cash money, no reason to get in a tizzy about her ideology or whatever man.

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot

FedEx Mercury posted:

Does she keep the hsjib on when the tits and pussy are out for the centerfold?

out of respect for everybody, all centerfolds in the new playb*y magazine are done by this standin for a non-ethnic non-gendered humanoid:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turbosnowy
Nov 8, 2007
I'd hit xer or xim or whatever the gently caress the pronouns are supposed to be.

• Locked thread